IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What do Pacquaio's political ambitions mean for the Philippines?
Cheesey1
post Oct 11 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

So, Emmanuel Pacquaio is on the verge of possibly taking his political career to the next level. I'm not saying that he'll succeed, just that he's definitely giving it a go.

What does that mean for the people of a country who've been through many tough times, but seem to be on the upswing nowadays. If he parlays his cult of personality into higher political office, what can the people expect?

There's an interesting article on Bloomberg.com and here's the link:
Pacquaio's Politics

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Oct 11 2012, 11:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Oct 12 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If he's having this hard of a time dealing with the politics of boxing and managing his own career, then good luck to the Philippines. Unless they're as absent-minded as he can be at times, then he may not have a hard time getting elected.

Sad thing is, Manny seems to not be able to make a sound decision about anything nowadays. He's too busy getting tricked, but hell, if that's what's politicians do. If the people elect him, then that should be right up his alley. I believe that all candidates are passionate about their country, until they're elected.

If Manny was able to be tricked into signing for a 4th Marquez fight and a contract extension, then I'm sure he'd end up getting talked into allowing Bob Arum to be the interim President of the Philippines or something crazy like that. If you feel bad for the Philippines now, then imagine Bob running it. Even a spot in Congress for Bob over there, would spell disaster.

PS: I didn't read the article in the opening post yet, so forgive my ignoramus ways. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:59 AM