IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If you were Floyd..., How would you feel after reading Tommy Summer's letter?
Gambit808
post Oct 12 2012, 03:32 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

As always, it's always a matter of time before the pieces start to fit the puzzle http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13399.html

Great read to end my night shift at work and if the case, kudos to Floyd for showing loyalty and stayin true to what he's always said about loyalty. If I were in that position (as tempting as those figures look and sound), I'd do the same. Easy. Al Harmon didn't make Floyd the fighter he is, but he does have a lot to do with making Floyd the rich fighter he is. It would look sooo suspect if Floyd had all those positive things to say about Haymon, to go and turn his back on his mentor, as to say (power phrase) "even though you've done a lot for me, I don't trust". It makes more sense now why 50 said that he (Floyd) has a good heart, but don't think that he's smart. Translation "I respect your loyalty, but my plan of how to get this money is better than what you settled for".

I respect both Floyd & fif, but this one is a 1+ for Floyd if you ask me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 12 2012, 03:55 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 12 2012, 04:32 AM) *
As always, it's always a matter of time before the pieces start to fit the puzzle http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13399.html

Great read to end my night shift at work and if the case, kudos to Floyd for showing loyalty and stayin true to what he's always said about loyalty. If I were in that position (as tempting as those figures look and sound), I'd do the same. Easy. Al Harmon didn't make Floyd the fighter he is, but he does have a lot to do with making Floyd the rich fighter he is. It would look sooo suspect if Floyd had all those positive things to say about Haymon, to go and turn his back on his mentor, as to say (power phrase) "even though you've done a lot for me, I don't trust". It makes more sense now why 50 said that he (Floyd) has a good heart, but don't think that he's smart. Translation "I respect your loyalty, but my plan of how to get this money is better than what you settled for".

I respect both Floyd & fif, but this one is a 1+ for Floyd if you ask me.

That letter seemed bogus, not sure if I believe everything that is going on with this situation. Floyd did acknowledge that 50 was getting involved in boxing. Plus Floyd was all hype at the BET awards when 50 took the stage

This is how Floyd should throw Tommy Smalls off his bus http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=w...q85Q0SUro3x38mr

This post has been edited by BigFightFan: Oct 12 2012, 05:05 AM

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Oct 12 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

floyd did the right thing, me personally i wouldn't do business with 50 cent at all. the way he treated young buck and his g-unit crew shows you what hes all about. also that letter was terrible. how can a nigga take you serious with handwriting like that, it like he wrote that shit while he was on a deserted island smh

This post has been edited by Musashi100: Oct 12 2012, 06:31 AM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 12 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

lol a grown man wrote that letter?

stevie wonder could write better than that

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 12 2012, 07:22 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Oct 12 2012, 07:30 AM) *
floyd did the right thing, me personally i wouldn't do business with 50 cent at all. the way he treated young buck and his g-unit crew shows you what all about. also that letter was terrible. how can a nigga take you serious with handwriting like that, it like he wrote that shit while he was on a deserted island smh

You can't bring Young Buck into this, Buck spent all his money then wanted to bitch and complain about the company and boss. 50 is real generous about giving out good music deals and paying people accordingly unlike diddy and Jay. 50 is grimy but not the type to hide and steal money from the people he earn with.

Honestly 50 seen an opportunity to make cash for him and Floyd without the middle man (Haymon) but Floyd was loyal to who got him to the pinnacle in his career. Something funny is going on with this whole situation so I'm not sure what's going on

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 12 2012, 07:23 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 12 2012, 07:52 AM) *
lol a grown man wrote that letter?

stevie wonder could write better than that

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 12 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I dont even know what to make of this, and truthfully, who knows what's really going on.

One thing Floyd NEEDS to do, is cut all of these motherfuckers off, ASAP! These 20 and 30 people that he's supporting (family and all), need to beat it. This is EXACTLY how people go broke.

Stuff like this makes me hate rich people, really. All of this gambling, over-the-top fancy lifestyle, court and lawyer fees, that gold digger fiance, that crazy money-hungry baby mama, plotting yes-men, and age...are all seeming to catch up with Floyd.

Cut all of these people off, shoot for your last few big paydays, and make the most of it. He's made too much money and it's too late in his career, for all of this to be going in. Bad enough that we have to watch Manny get jerked around, and now Floyd is catching it as well.

As we all know, when people aren't careful with their money and runs out it, the first complaint usually starts with them feeling like they aren't getting paid for their true worth. We never make what we feel we're truly worth.

What he's been doing with Haymon and GBP thus far, has indeed made him one of the highest paid athletes as of late, so why mess it up? That $80M+ that he made over the past year, sure is enough...when you dont have 30 people around you with your hand out.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 12 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 08:54 AM) *
I dont even know what to make of this, and truthfully, who knows what's really going on.

One thing Floyd NEEDS to do, is cut all of these motherfuckers off, ASAP! These 20 and 30 people that he's supporting (family and all), need to beat it. This is EXACTLY how people go broke.

Stuff like this makes me hate rich people, really. All of this gambling, over-the-top fancy lifestyle, court and lawyer fees, that gold digger fiance, that crazy money-hungry baby mama, plotting yes-men, and age...are all seeming to catch up with Floyd.

Cut all of these people off, shoot for your last few big paydays, and make the most of it. He's made too much money and it's too late in his career, for all of this to be going in. Bad enough that we have to watch Manny get jerked around, and now Floyd is catching it as well.

As we all know, when people aren't careful with their money and runs out it, the first complaint usually starts with them feeling like they aren't getting paid for their true worth. We never make what we feel we're truly worth.

What he's been doing with Haymon and GBP thus far, has indeed made him one of the highest paid athletes as of late, so why mess it up? That $80M+ that he made over the past year, sure is enough...when you dont have 30 people around you with your hand out.

I look at it like this. If I was going to do something big with CShel cuz he brought big things to the table, then he makes his cut, and I make mine, then it's on to the next one. I know exactly what it is and exactly what it ain't. I would be open to doing big things in other places, but we would run the numbers. Cshel would remain my go to guy...we been doin it big all this time. I wouldn't cut em off because of more potential earnings, I would want to figure out how we get more dough together. And between fights, maybe once or twice a year, we going to hang out with Julio Jr. to git on some of that stiiiiiiickyyyyy...and Miguel so we can mess with some boooooorrriiiqquuaaaaassss.....

At the end of the day, there's more to life than money, especially when you already made 80 mil in a year. I would have endorsement deals coming out of my ass though....when you're undefeated and the highest paid athlete, you can endorse anything. And the only thing I would hand out is a low % of interest. I would gather though, that alot of the people he takes care of, especially if it's under Mayweather promotions, is a writeoff.

I would definitely take care of my immediate family though....I wouldn't cut them off. They would have to work for it. Build businesses, get them training, and give a performance based check....except moms though.

This post has been edited by BigDDatHomey: Oct 12 2012, 08:56 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 12 2012, 09:45 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 12 2012, 09:51 AM) *
I look at it like this. If I was going to do something big with CShel cuz he brought big things to the table, then he makes his cut, and I make mine, then it's on to the next one. I know exactly what it is and exactly what it ain't. I would be open to doing big things in other places, but we would run the numbers. Cshel would remain my go to guy...we been doin it big all this time. I wouldn't cut em off because of more potential earnings, I would want to figure out how we get more dough together. And between fights, maybe once or twice a year, we going to hang out with Julio Jr. to git on some of that stiiiiiiickyyyyy...and Miguel so we can mess with some boooooorrriiiqquuaaaaassss.....

At the end of the day, there's more to life than money, especially when you already made 80 mil in a year. I would have endorsement deals coming out of my ass though....when you're undefeated and the highest paid athlete, you can endorse anything. And the only thing I would hand out is a low % of interest. I would gather though, that alot of the people he takes care of, especially if it's under Mayweather promotions, is a writeoff.

I would definitely take care of my immediate family though....I wouldn't cut them off. They would have to work for it. Build businesses, get them training, and give a performance based check....except moms though.

Lol! Sounds like a nice plan you got there Big D! Im down.

As far as me saying that he should cut family off, Im talking about the ones who suddenly couldn't take care of themselves when he got big. Not only them, but the "other" family members, like cousins and shit.

I know some people are close to their cousins, but from upbringing and experience...cousins dont make the cut. They're just as grimey, they claim to be close to you when its convenient for them, but most of the time, they're the family member that you have the least communication with...depending on the situation.

Immediate family, I'll take care of them all day long. Im not sure how many endorsements Floyd has, maybe they're right in my face and I totally overlooked them. Glad to see how you put it for immediate family..."they would have to work for it". Great idea!

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 12 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #10

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:45 AM) *
I know some people are close to their cousins, but from upbringing and experience...cousins dont make the cut.

Haha....yeah, I have about 2 out of 20 that would. The rest wouldn't have my number, they would have to e-mail me. Then I'll mark them as SPAM.

This post has been edited by BigDDatHomey: Oct 12 2012, 10:07 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:34 PM