IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rios-Alvarado vs. Marquez-Conception, Two wars, which one do you like more?
Fight Of The Year Canidates 2011 vs. 2012
Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado vs. Tyson Marquez-Luis Conception
Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado 2012 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
Tyson Marquez vs. Luis Conception 2011 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
Total Votes: 5
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Oct 14 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Two wars, which one you like more?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
daprofessor
post Oct 15 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

both were equally hard to watch. "i'd like to buy some defense pat." ouch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 15 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 15 2012, 01:38 PM) *
both were equally hard to watch. "i'd like to buy some defense pat." ouch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lol, they should have brought in Steve Smoger to ref events like Rios/Alvorado. I mean the guy Alvorado was out on his feet, but still had his hands up to try and block what he could. For such a great back and forward battle like Rios/Alvorado (like all others in boxing history) let someone touch the canvas before the consideration of stopping a fight comes in to thought is all I'm saying.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 15 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 15 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Lol, they should have brought in Steve Smoger to ref events like Rios/Alvorado. I mean the guy Alvorado was out on his feet, but still had his hands up to try and block what he could. For such a great back and forward battle like Rios/Alvorado (like all others in boxing history) let someone touch the canvas before the consideration of stopping a fight comes in to thought is all I'm saying.

i thought the stoppage was justified. rios couldn't miss...and alvarado was coming apart at the seams like a cheap suit. rios landed several unanswered blows. alvarado lives to fight another day. that poor mans shoulder roll was not getting the job done.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 15 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 15 2012, 03:12 PM) *
i thought the stoppage was justified. rios couldn't miss...and alvarado was coming apart at the seams like a cheap suit. rios landed several unanswered blows. alvarado lives to fight another day. that poor mans shoulder roll was not getting the job done.

True... Lol @ Avarado's shoulder, but what about the standing 8 count? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear all the time though, that if a guys out on his feet and the ropes looked to be holding him up (which it looked like to me) a standing 8 count should be given.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 15 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 15 2012, 02:32 PM) *
True... Lol @ Avarado's shoulder, but what about the standing 8 count? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear all the time though, that if a guys out on his feet and the ropes looked to be holding him up (which it looked like to me) a standing 8 count should be given.

i believe they used california rules...and there's no standing 8 count. u could see in alvarado's eyes....he was out. he should have took a knee...but i think the little birdies and stars he was seeing around his head distracted him from doing so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that over hand right had him on queer street. it was beautifully timed and perfectly placed...not to mention, rios got everything on that shot. lesser men would have hit the canvas.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:32 PM