Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> why didn't the klitschko bros ever fight holyfield?, he was a worthy opponent
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i get why they avoided him when he still had something left. at this point...yeah, maybe they both beat him, but doesn't he deserve to go out with a decent pay day against either brother? marciano fought louis when he was past his best...ali fought archie moore when he was past his best....holmes fought ali when he was past his best. give the man his last pay check!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 16 2012, 02:40 PM) *
Aaand I don't want to see Evander beaten on his way out. He deserves to walk out on his feet and not on a stretcher.

We've seen him lose everything else, so not let him get that last beatdown for a check? It's not like he wasn't begging for it anyway. I mean, he IS Evander Holyfield...somebody who was at the top of the HW division before the Klitz bro were even known in the US.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 16 2012, 03:04 PM) *
holyfield is a lot more worthy than charr, mormeck, tony thompson, rahman and a few others. i also think he puts up a better fight...even at this point.

truth be told...i thought he was robbed against valuev. he should be a 5 time heavyweight champion. if they sell out venues for a guy like thompson...i think it was like 70k ppl in that venue...holyfield fills a stadium over there. it's easy money for the klits and gives the legend his last shot at greatness. he's given so much to boxing...i don't think it's much to ask for.

Great points, and I agree that he HAS given the sport so much. These other guys that the Klitz bros have fought, have been nothing short of snoozers. Honestly, if a Klitz/Holyfield was signed, I wouldn't mind streaming it, just for shits & giggles. Well,, now that I think about it, it wouldn't have been so hard to watch, had it been signed 3-5 years ago. Lol

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 16 2012, 04:28 PM) *
The sad part is, the money he would have earned for this fight - win or lose, would go straight to hell - alimony, debts etc.

You just made a painful point Mit, and that's the reality that Holyfield has paved for himself. So a Klitz asswhoopin' would all be in vain. Lol. He DID deserve that payday, and now that I think about it, he was the 2nd fighter in boxing history to earn the highest guaranteed purse ($30M), and we all know who just scored that whopping $32M guarantee.

Now that I think about it, we could very well be talking about Floyd in this manner, 10 years from now. When Holyfield scored that $32M, Im sure most people with 2 brain cells to rub together, wouldn't have thought in a million years that he would be in this position today. I mean the signs were there, but he was such a "honest and Godly man", that people were quick to turn a blind eye to it.

I wonder why Tyson never got his shot at the Klitz bros....(wondering)

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 18 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

if i'm remembering correctly, discussions of a fight between tyson and vitali took place right before tyson lost to danny williams. the luster of tyson faded pretty quick after.

the holyfield-klitschko fight was mentioned for awhile but even back then people were shaking their head at holyfield for continuing to fight. then he got suspended from boxing by the NY athletic board in 2004 and didn't get his license back til 2006. I'm all about holyfield retiring in the bahamas with infinite savings but shit...he shouldn't hafta fight klitschko for it. holyfield should be writing books by now watching his grandchildren grow lol for real though

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:45 PM