IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Here We Go With This Sweepstakes Nonsense Again...
Cshel86
post Oct 17 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-canelo...ssible-4--58276

Here goes Shaefer talking out of his ass again. I like him, when it doesn't come to Canelo. Lol

"Apparently", Canelo has 3 potential opponents lined up for a May 4 date. See how weird that sounds? We all know that the big time fighters get the obvious Mexican holiday weekends. Shaefer says that Canelo will wait until May, and he made it obvious that he could fight anytime before that, if he chooses.

I'm not liking this at all. I mean seriously, until Canelo truly proves himself and Floyd, Manny, and Cotto, leaves the sport, he needs to be built up as the "money man" from a 2nd row standpoint, because the big 3 are still in the driver's seat area.

The 3 likely opponents that they are looking at, are:

1. Mayweather
2. Martinez
3. Cotto (if he gets past Trout)

I'm tired of GBP when it comes to this dude.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BigFightFan
post Oct 17 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

I'm assuming GBP is saying that Canelo is ready for the big 3 and he will sit out until May. I would like to see him take on the mid-level guys like Kirkland, Angulo, or K9, but if they believe he is above that level bring on the big boys. Not saying that he will but, I can honestly see Alvarez beating Cotto and Mayweather. His confidence is high and he believes in himself which will make him a hell of an opponent for anyone

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 17 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 17 2012, 06:37 PM) *
I'm assuming GBP is saying that Canelo is ready for the big 3 and he will sit out until May. I would like to see him take on the mid-level guys like Kirkland, Angulo, or K9, but if they believe he is above that level bring on the big boys. Not saying that he will but, I can honestly see Alvarez beating Cotto and Mayweather. His confidence is high and he believes in himself which will make him a hell of an opponent for anyone

Who has Canelo fought? He would be schooled, then taken to lunch for a healthy dose of everything Mayweather throws...
Great fight with him and Cotto, would love to see that.
Kirk would prob get knocked out...
K9 and Angulo...I don't know...

I wouldnt mind seeing Alvarez/Berto. Alvarez to win but I just want a gauge. Basically I want to see how Alvarez handles someone with speed and pop...Offensively Alvarez can crack and throws nice punches, but he gets hit, takes breaks, and I still see green moments in the ring. The best will capitalize on them.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:04 PM