IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here We Go With This Sweepstakes Nonsense Again...
Cshel86
post Oct 17 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-canelo...ssible-4--58276

Here goes Shaefer talking out of his ass again. I like him, when it doesn't come to Canelo. Lol

"Apparently", Canelo has 3 potential opponents lined up for a May 4 date. See how weird that sounds? We all know that the big time fighters get the obvious Mexican holiday weekends. Shaefer says that Canelo will wait until May, and he made it obvious that he could fight anytime before that, if he chooses.

I'm not liking this at all. I mean seriously, until Canelo truly proves himself and Floyd, Manny, and Cotto, leaves the sport, he needs to be built up as the "money man" from a 2nd row standpoint, because the big 3 are still in the driver's seat area.

The 3 likely opponents that they are looking at, are:

1. Mayweather
2. Martinez
3. Cotto (if he gets past Trout)

I'm tired of GBP when it comes to this dude.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Oct 17 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

I agree. They make it as though he's earned the right to sit and wait for opponents as if he's a legend in the sport already. They should at least put him against K9 or another plausible JMW before putting him in with the big boys. GBP is smart though, a lot of fans are buying into it. People are actually really believing the illusion that Canelo is a tested unbeatable fighter. I hope he learned from JCC Jr.'s mistake. I guarantee that Mayweather or Cotto will give him the "Sergio" and humble him quick...
If it's sergio that he fights then he gets no respect for fighting him coming offof knee surgery. They need to put him in with Lara, Kirkland, maybe even Quilin of he's willing to come down in weight.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Oct 17 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 17 2012, 09:25 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-canelo...ssible-4--58276

Here goes Shaefer talking out of his ass again. I like him, when it doesn't come to Canelo. Lol

"Apparently", Canelo has 3 potential opponents lined up for a May 4 date. See how weird that sounds? We all know that the big time fighters get the obvious Mexican holiday weekends. Shaefer says that Canelo will wait until May, and he made it obvious that he could fight anytime before that, if he chooses.

I'm not liking this at all. I mean seriously, until Canelo truly proves himself and Floyd, Manny, and Cotto, leaves the sport, he needs to be built up as the "money man" from a 2nd row standpoint, because the big 3 are still in the driver's seat area.

The 3 likely opponents that they are looking at, are:

1. Mayweather
2. Martinez
3. Cotto (if he gets past Trout)

I'm tired of GBP when it comes to this dude.

Thoughts?

Whats wrong with that list? Arent those three of the best JMWs?

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 17 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I'm assuming GBP is saying that Canelo is ready for the big 3 and he will sit out until May. I would like to see him take on the mid-level guys like Kirkland, Angulo, or K9, but if they believe he is above that level bring on the big boys. Not saying that he will but, I can honestly see Alvarez beating Cotto and Mayweather. His confidence is high and he believes in himself which will make him a hell of an opponent for anyone

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 17 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Him and cotto is a toss up to me. Cotto can't take a shot like he used to, mayweather might make an exciting fight but its yet to be seen how Canelo acts once he takes good shots and they accumulate, it could end up being a schooling. Martinez eats Canelo alive. The guy is there to be hit and Martinez just had a light heavyweight with a pretty good chin backing up in his last fight, and I believe he can make 154 easy still.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 17 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 17 2012, 03:13 PM) *
Whats wrong with that list? Arent those three of the best JMWs?

What's not wrong with it? Shouldn't the 3 listed fighters should be sitting back with their feet kicked up, waiting for Canelo to get his feet wet against a formidable opponent?

As I've been saying for the longest, GBP is trying to insult our intelligence once again. Why are they making it seem like this dude is REALLY ready for top competition, when he's done nothing more than fight blown up WWs and corpses? Weird aint it?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 17 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Again, this sounds like they're putting this guy waaaay ahead of where he's supposed to be. If Mayweather decides to come back and fight on May 4 against his opponent of choice, then what will Canelo do then? Yep, you got it, take the backseat and be the co-main event.

I know that Floyd's whereabouts are unknown (as usual), but c'mon man. I guess it's fair that they move forward and not wait, because you'll grow old doing so. Why Sergio all of a sudden? Hope Canelo's ready. I TOTALLY disagree with the Cotto option, maybe I dont like the way they're doing it.

I mean, shouldn't Cotto have been waiting for the winner of Canelo/Trout, and NOT the other way around? That very question makes obvious that they're using this dudes name for money, and could care less if he fights somebody with a pulse.

September 15th, should've been Canelo vs Trout, instead of them being shitty opportunists and pissing on Lopez's victory party after beating Ortiz. So they chose a blown up WW, beat him, avoided a dangerous prospect (Trout), and now they're waiting for an accomplished Cotto, to beat the guy that they kept away from their golden goose? See what I mean?

I say Canelo vs Kirkland on May 4th (co-main event), then he gets a shot at Floyd in September. I don't know how good Sergio will be for May 4th after knee surgery next month, and that possible physical compromise coming down to 54. And that Cotto situation is just some shameful shit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 17 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 17 2012, 06:37 PM) *
I'm assuming GBP is saying that Canelo is ready for the big 3 and he will sit out until May. I would like to see him take on the mid-level guys like Kirkland, Angulo, or K9, but if they believe he is above that level bring on the big boys. Not saying that he will but, I can honestly see Alvarez beating Cotto and Mayweather. His confidence is high and he believes in himself which will make him a hell of an opponent for anyone

Who has Canelo fought? He would be schooled, then taken to lunch for a healthy dose of everything Mayweather throws...
Great fight with him and Cotto, would love to see that.
Kirk would prob get knocked out...
K9 and Angulo...I don't know...

I wouldnt mind seeing Alvarez/Berto. Alvarez to win but I just want a gauge. Basically I want to see how Alvarez handles someone with speed and pop...Offensively Alvarez can crack and throws nice punches, but he gets hit, takes breaks, and I still see green moments in the ring. The best will capitalize on them.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 17 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Well now this makes things interesting....

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-love-fac...nez-on-4--58296

Guess were gonna find out how much say gbp gives their fighters, and if they say no we know how much confidence they have in Canelo

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2012, 06:20 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 17 2012, 11:19 PM) *
Well now this makes things interesting....

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-love-fac...nez-on-4--58296

Guess were gonna find out how much say gbp gives their fighters, and if they say no we know how much confidence they have in Canelo

Canelo is smart enough to ask for these fights right about now, but he knows that most of them may fold. Sergio has knee surgery next month, and there's no guarantee that he will be fully recovered by then.

His doctors say that he will be cleared to fight in March or April, but think about it, doctors said that Ortiz would be cleared to fight by now, but shit happens after surgery. Let's not forget that Sergio will HAVE TO make 154 this time, if this fight happens.

Guys always try to make a point that he came into a couple of his MW fights at 157 or something like that. There's a difference in coming in at a weight that please, and a weight that you HAVE TO come in at. So, a not-so-healed knee and a possible weight problem...he'll be prime for Canelo to take advantage of that.

Cotto will more than likely be beaten up by Trout...win, lose, or draw. As for Floyd, we don't know what he's going to do...as usual. IF he decides to come back and at WW, then Canelo will be successful at using Floyd's name as a smoke screen to build his own.

See? Problem solved. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) GBP aint slick at all.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:47 PM