IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15 PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT)-Dulorme/Abregu & Vasquez/Quitero-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, New Spoilers, or Public Streams
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #61

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:53 AM) *
Definitely a good year for Sergio's people. I enjoyed all three bouts. The first wasn't the most exciting, but the second definitely delivered as did this one.

I only enjoyed the main event. The first fight stunk, and the 2nd didn't meet its expectations.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2012, 12:54 AM) *
Why do a lot of these Puerto ricans not have chins? He had great speed pop, legs which is very understated in boxing but his neck was tiny! And his team asked for 10 oz gloves so they must have known

How many of them have chins?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 27 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2012, 12:54 AM) *
Why do a lot of these Puerto ricans not have chins? He had great speed pop, legs which is very understated in boxing but his neck was tiny! And his team asked for 10 oz gloves so they must have known

IMO, he had a shit team. After the first round, he left his jab out there too long or at least didn't protect himself properly after throwing it. I think Floyd Mayweather Sr. would work very nicely with him. He's young and as Abregu said, Dulorme can still go far.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Oct 28 2012, 12:06 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 28 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:56 AM) *
I only enjoyed the main event. The first fight stunk, and the 2nd didn't meet its expectations.

How many of them have chins?

.... Cotto maybe before the margarito fight..? Haha I seriously don't know

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 28 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2012, 01:01 AM) *
.... Cotto maybe before the margarito fight..? Haha I seriously don't know

I dont know either. Every one of them that I've seen get tapped on the chin, they go down.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 28 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #65

Super Middleweight

Pretty good fights.. not really the first but viva Argentina? Lol that young cat maybe should get with Pedro dias or I think roger could do some wonders for him too

+Quote Post
flazi
post Oct 28 2012, 02:47 AM
Post #66

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

yeah they don't make ricans like they used too. this current gen is all soft. all flash and no substance.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 28 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #67

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

decent night of fights.

i liked vasquez. not ur typical mexican. why did they keep panning to capetillo cheatin ass muhfucka? smh

mayfield was underwhelming. the division is too stacked for him. his days are numbered. terrible defense. very amateurish.

dulorme has some good things....but he definitely needs a better trainer. he has a tendency to fall in with his jab and combinations in general. that's what abregu took advantage of. his head movement is non existent. the kid has potential...but he's gone as far as he can with his current trainer.

i want to see abregu again!

i don't think the new crop of p.r. fighters are that bad....i just think they are being rushed.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 28 2012, 07:29 PM

+Quote Post
flazi
post Oct 30 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #68

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

some friends of mine and i (some pr) have a theory about the current crop of pr fighters. Since life is so easy on the island, its easy for them to slack off and embrace that easy life style. PR's are the only latins that have food stamps, wic, housing, can come here to the states whenever they want, etc to fall back on since they are a territory. us other latins don't have that and there is no easy life style, its sink or swim therefore making us hungrier. just a theory.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 30 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #69

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Oct 30 2012, 03:11 PM) *
some friends of mine and i (some pr) have a theory about the current crop of pr fighters. Since life is so easy on the island, its easy for them to slack off and embrace that easy life style. PR's are the only latins that have food stamps, wic, housing, can come here to the states whenever they want, etc to fall back on since they are a territory. us other latins don't have that and there is no easy life style, its sink or swim therefore making us hungrier. just a theory.

That makes sense, as atlas has drilled into my mind over the years of listening to him is that usually fighters styles are a product of where they are from. And if it has gotten easier than that could be it

Meanwhile in Argentina they seem to be punching rocks and in Mexico they just looked for the pretty boys and pampered kids that they can market the shit out of and feed smaller fighters and journey men.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Oct 30 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #70

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (flazi @ Oct 28 2012, 03:47 AM) *
yeah they don't make ricans like they used too. this current gen is all soft. all flash and no substance.

LMAO..... LMAO... wow

QUOTE (flazi @ Oct 30 2012, 03:11 PM) *

FOOD STAMPS, WIC!!!! LMAO-- food stamps, wic, housing= weak chins.. LMAO.... LMAO great socio-ethnic analysis.. LMAO

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Oct 30 2012, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:58 PM