> Trinidad vs. Vargas revisited.
daprofessor
post Nov 5 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 5 2012, 03:18 PM) *
You got a point, Professor. And by no chance I was trying to make a perfect assessment of the fight.

However, it doesn't matter whether he himself rushed himself or it was his team, the thing is...he was too young and inexperienced. The fact that he was more than eager to get into the ring with guys like Trinidad, De La Hoya is a completely different story. His ego was writing checks his fists couldn't cash.

The point I was trying to make about these low blows was not to point out that they were devastating. Only devastating low blow I have ever seen was the ballsack crusher one that Gerry Cooney landed on Holmes. Back to the topic....Trinidad has a history of punching low in critical situations.

Trinidad/Hopkins top 3 ? Easily! I love that fight.

true.

as for the low blows...he did seem to have a habit...but that particular low blow wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. vargas 'zab judah'd' that moment and should have went right back to work. the break cost him imo.

trinidad/hopkins was a beautiful display of hopkins' skills against a flat trinidad. the postponement of that fight killed it for me. it wasn't what it could have been. i was amazed at bhop's accuracy in his prediction more than anything.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 6 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I always thought Trinidad was a dirty fighter, and nothing has changed my mind since. My thing is, if a guy gets the best of you and drops you, you don't get right back up and hit him with a blatant low blow.

Who knows, Fernando could've possibly finished Tito, but again, who knows. Tito just had nasty power in both hands, but he had those "strike anywhere matche"s for legs, so he didn't take it well to the chin.

I can't say that a part of me didn't fade when Vargas hit the deck...I was rooting for dude. Though I didn't watch that fight on the night it originally aired, and already knew the results, I was STILL rooting for Vargas. Yeah I know, call me sensitive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They DID rush Vargas's career, and judging by the look in his eyes when Tito dropped him, told it all. He had that "Holy shit, why am I in the ring with this dude" look on his face, but his resolve wouldn't let him go out. With fights of that magnitude, it can either break a fighter in, or break them completely...sadly, it was the latter for Vargas.

Anyhow, that will always be a great scrap, though Tito didn't take his licks like a man. Clinching and holding when you're hurt, doesn't make you any less of a man...I'm sure Miguel learned that after the Margarito and Pacquiao fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 6 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 6 2012, 08:51 AM) *
I always thought Trinidad was a dirty fighter, and nothing has changed my mind since. My thing is, if a guy gets the best of you and drops you, you don't get right back up and hit him with a blatant low blow.

Who knows, Fernando could've possibly finished Tito, but again, who knows. Tito just had nasty power in both hands, but he had those "strike anywhere matche"s for legs, so he didn't take it well to the chin.

I can't say that a part of me didn't fade when Vargas hit the deck...I was rooting for dude. Though I didn't watch that fight on the night it originally aired, and already knew the results, I was STILL rooting for Vargas. Yeah I know, call me sensitive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They DID rush Vargas's career, and judging by the look in his eyes when Tito dropped him, told it all. He had that "Holy shit, why am I in the ring with this dude" look on his face, but his resolve wouldn't let him go out. With fights of that magnitude, it can either break a fighter in, or break them completely...sadly, it was the latter for Vargas.

Anyhow, that will always be a great scrap, though Tito didn't take his licks like a man. Clinching and holding when you're hurt, doesn't make you any less of a man...I'm sure Miguel learned that after the Margarito and Pacquiao fight.

tito could be dirty...not in the bhop sense...he usually landed those low blows when he was in trouble. bhop seemed to be dirty for the sake of being dirty. either way....it can be said that both did whatever it took to win. i think tito's going to be a first ballot hof'er.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 6 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 6 2012, 08:51 AM) *

tito could be dirty...not in the bhop sense...he usually landed those low blows when he was in trouble. bhop seemed to be dirty for the sake of being dirty. either way....it can be said that both did whatever it took to win. i think tito's going to be a first ballot hof'er.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 11:44 AM