> The Floyd and 50 Saga (All discussions merged), Discuss the Feud
MaxPayne
post Nov 3 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

The war has begun.

Can you guys believe the shit that's going down right now between Floyd and 50 Cent ?

I'll share my thoughts later, but first, I want to know what you guys think about this whole situation.

Did you see it coming ? What do you think was the root cause ? How long do you think the feud has actually been going on ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 3 2012, 03:15 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

I think they bullshittin, just a publicity stunt

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 3 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 3 2012, 03:15 AM) *
I think they bullshittin, just a publicity stunt

Yea, read about it automatically thought the same. Not gonna follow this shit and get sucked into whatever stunt they are trying to pull. If they end up making some good fights then great but if not quit talking get your act together and/or get the fuck out of boxing! (Both of them!!!((especially 50!!! The guy has always been nothing but hoe in every business he's been in)))

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Nov 3 2012, 05:44 AM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 3 2012, 03:34 AM) *
Yea, read about it automatically thought the same. Not gonna follow this shit and get sucked into whatever stunt they are trying to pull. If they end up making some good fights then great but if not quit talking get your act together and/or get the fuck out of boxing! (Both of them!!!((especially 50!!! The guy has always been nothing but hoe in every business he's been in)))

^^^This.

Whatever the case/beef, Fiddy is not going to out-gun "Money" when it comes to trash-talking, especially now that Floyd has opened up too, for as long as real gun-totting is not involved. The current scenario is more likely to make more money for Floyd, not 50, in this fight game anyway. I don't see 50 ever reaching critical mass with his promotional business to take advantage of this kind of beefing show, and he's no threat to Floyd. I'm that dismissive of 50's tactics this far...he reasons rather poorly, in my book. Not that Floyd is much better, but Al Haymon got his own back, always has.

And, further on trash talking, I find this one on the front page particularly hilarious, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) : Hold my money fvck boy - http://t.co/UjdyVP7w

P34c3

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Nov 3 2012, 08:08 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

CONTRIVED!!!

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 3 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (duwdu @ Nov 3 2012, 06:44 AM) *
^^^This.

Whatever the case/beef, Fiddy is not going to out-gun "Money" when it comes to trash-talking, especially now that Floyd has opened up too, for as long as real gun-totting is not involved. The current scenario is more likely to make more money for Floyd, not 50, in this fight game anyway. I don't see 50 ever reaching critical mass with his promotional business to take advantage of this kind of beefing show, and he's no threat to Floyd. I'm that dismissive of 50's tactics this far...he reasons rather poorly, in my book. Not that Floyd is much better, but Al Haymon got his own back, always has.

And, further on trash talking, I find this one on the front page particularly hilarious, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) : Hold my money fvck boy - http://t.co/UjdyVP7w

P34c3

Honestly I don't see Mayweather being all that relevant in boxing after he retires. If they don't improve the stable of fighters they have with Mayweather promotions its going to be a tough road ahead. Gamboa, Dibb, and Dirrell are more popular than Ishe, love, and Celestino Cabrera( whatever his name is), so SMS is a leg up so far.

Although its hard to imagine 50 being a powerful promoter without Floyd's name, if I had to choose between the 2 I would go with 50 for several reasons.
1. 50 is good at gaining investors(not spending his own money)
2. He has gotten more business's off the ground and made a profit.
3. He doesn't spend money the way Floyd does

I'm not taking either guys side in the little beef, I'm just wondering how effective TMT would have been if they were united. It sucks cause 50 may have burned a bridge with GBP now he has no choice but 2 take alliance with Arum. The sticking point that broke up TMT was Al Haymon, 50 wanted him out but not Floyd.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 3 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

I initially thought it was a publicity stunt (maybe it is), but some of the jabs that were thrown was funny as fuck. Floyd said, "I respect the shooter, not the one who got shot."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Nov 3 2012, 09:36 AM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 3 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Like you guys, I would consider this a publicity stunt, if 50 hadn't tipped us off for a minute. Remember the tweet, "My best friend is not too bright, but he got a good heart..."? <---- Knew there was a shot clock on this bromance when read that. I mean, let's think about it: Most, if not all, thought Gamboa, Dirrell and Dib were signed to TMT. However, 50 clarifies that those fighters are signed under the banner of SMS. Now, if 50's intent was on "the up and up", how did this come about? More importantly, why hasn't hasn't Floyd and his lawyers sought actions to stop all of that? Probably b/c 50 has been on course from the beginning, likely seeing Floyd as an "easy mark" from the giddy up. Lastly, you'd think after Floyd ALLEGEDLY got duped outta the majority of that $50M (DLH & Hatton fights), he'd handle his biz a bit better.

http://blog.craniumfitteds.com/2012/09/my-...-of-mayweather/

Anyone who knows anything about 50, knows he's not to be trusted, especially in regard to things said to him in private. The only question is, when will they start "quoting" one another? Now, THAT will be both funny and pathetic.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Nov 3 2012, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 3 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Think about it, their insults sound so fake, like if they're just clownin. I think it's a stunt to promote Floyd's next fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 3 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This just makes my ass hurt...thanks media and Mayweather, for making 50 relevant again. Though people classify this as an unrelated boxing story, at the end of the day, 50 Cent wins this one by gaining another source of revenue.

Those who are interested, are looking for him to talk about one thing, and one thing only...how Floyd really feels about the "never gonna happen" megafight. They will only hope to hear about him being "scared", and they will roll with that, if nothing else sufficient comes from the whole "behind the curtains" spill.

The media will buy into 50 saying that Floyd is scared, and things should work in his favor from then on. Nobody truly cares about Floyd, and they'll be 110% satisfied with his "best friend" saying that he was afraid to fight, the meager confirmation of that alone, will make losers feel good about themselves.

Floyd is hardly in touch with his foolish days, as he once was. Been hearing waaay too much from Floyd as of late, about being positive and getting older, and so on. 50 will go to his grave engaging in beef, dude just doesn't care. This whole situation will work against Floyd in a few ways.

It's not like 50 is trying to take over the boxing world, he just wants a piece in the meantime...so having a few fighters and working with Arum, may be just enough at the moment. Again, its another source of income for him.

Everything that he says about Floyd from this point on, will be eaten by the public. Since 50 blew up almost 10 years ago, when have we ever seen him get outdone or struggling? Probably never. Does declining album sales count? Isn't that inevitable with ALL artists? Not in his case, being that he has to be one of the wealthiest rappers to date. On the other hand, we've heard waaay too many rumors and "close to fact" rumors about Floyd and his money.

His sensitivity doesn't help the situation, so again, if people think that Floyd has been ate up in the past about his personal situation and perceived "lack of heart", then he'd best not call into another radio station at this point in time...it SURELY wouldn't be a good call for him.

Honestly, I could care less if this beef is real or fake...but I know people will believe everything that 50 has to say about Floyd. The worst has happened to 50 (with the exception of money problems), so I dont see how much ammo Floyd has against him. If they do all of this, and trick Manny into taking the fight on lower terms, then mission accomplished...other than that, it's just another chapter to this boxing soap opera.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:10 PM