IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime Tripleheader**-Mares vs. Moreno-**@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
Jack 1000
post Nov 12 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #41

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Abner did better early than later in the fight Mares got a little sloppy late. Moreno took at least three rounds. I gave him four. I think Moreno could have been a little more offense-minded and could have hit Mares low in retaliation for some of his dirty tactics.

I like Mares action and perseverance. But the WBC and Golden Boy I think will look to protect that big O. Moreno is a good fighter, but isn't marketable. James Jen Kin is usually a good judge and ref, but he no way should have had that a shut out for Mares.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 12 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 12 2012, 06:55 PM) *
Abner did better early than later in the fight Mares got a little sloppy late. Moreno took at least three rounds. I gave him four. I think Moreno could have been a little more offense-minded and could have hit Mares low in retaliation for some of his dirty tactics.

I like Mares action and perseverance. But the WBC and Golden Boy I think will look to protect that big O. Moreno is a good fighter, but isn't marketable. James Jen Kin is usually a good judge and ref, but he no way should have had that a shut out for Mares.

Jack

watching the fight from ringside...i thought mares won the first 3 rounds...but watching on tv...i scored the first 3 for moreno. i stopped watching after the 8th on tv because the fouls by mares were worse than i thought sitting ringside. i had moreno winning 5 of the first 8 on tv. i'll have to watch it again. one thing was certain...anytime moreno landed there was silence. anytime mares through they were yelling. kind of reminded me of donaire/mathebula where the crowd was in donaire's favor. moreno was pretty offensive minded and hardly missed when he threw to the body. he landed plenty of head shots as well.

i hear that argument all the time...."so and so isn't marketable..." it's an excuse that doesn't belong in any sport.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Nov 12 2012, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 13 2012, 01:33 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 12 2012, 07:03 PM) *
watching the fight from ringside...i thought mares won the first 3 rounds...but watching on tv...i scored the first 3 for moreno. i stopped watching after the 8th on tv because the fouls by mares were worse than i thought sitting ringside. i had moreno winning 5 of the first 8 on tv. i'll have to watch it again. one thing was certain...anytime moreno landed there was silence. anytime mares through they were yelling. kind of reminded me of donaire/mathebula where the crowd was in donaire's favor. moreno was pretty offensive minded and hardly missed when he threw to the body. he landed plenty of head shots as well.

i hear that argument all the time...."so and so isn't marketable..." it's an excuse that doesn't belong in any sport.

In a perfect world this would he boxings worldwide motto. I love watching people slug it out as much as anybody but Im absolutely thrilled to see tactical boxers go to work more so.

Mathebula was fighting beautifully up until the last couple rounds, moreno is always an excellent boxer, mayweather Jr, Andre ward, some prime James toney... These guys are masters, I love seeing somebody go to work this way. It shows a real devotion to mastering a craft

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 13 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 13 2012, 02:33 AM) *
In a perfect world this would he boxings worldwide motto. I love watching people slug it out as much as anybody but Im absolutely thrilled to see tactical boxers go to work more so.

Mathebula was fighting beautifully up until the last couple rounds, moreno is always an excellent boxer, mayweather Jr, Andre ward, some prime James toney... These guys are masters, I love seeing somebody go to work this way. It shows a real devotion to mastering a craft

absolutely! it makes me laugh to hear ppl say stuff like...he's running...or....he's scared... they have no clue what they are seeing. if everyone could do what they do...they would.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:28 AM