> Brook vs Alexander fight card
leonthegee
post Nov 11 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

http://www.boxingscene.com/alexander-vs-br...rweights--59223

GBP plans on stacking the card with WW fights. Could be as many as 4 fights. So who do you think will be on it? I say Maidana, Matthyse, Josesito Lopez, and thats all I can think off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 12 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 11 2012, 11:46 PM) *
GBP plans on stacking the card with WW fights. Could be as many as 4 fights. So who do you think will be on it? I say Maidana, Matthyse, Josesito Lopez, and thats all I can think off.

Cant wait for this one! Finally, Special K can bring his ass to the U.S. and make some things shake. I'm not sure if he ever was opposed to coming to the U.S. in the first place, so I wont hold it against him.

I think I just get a bit flustered when a guy wants a U.S. fighter to come to their country and fight, when its well known that foreign fighters come to the U.S. to become bigger stars (Hatton, Hamed, Khan, etc). Im sure foreign fighters worry about being robbed in the U.S., who wouldn't?

I like this matchup, problem is, somehow someway, Devon seems to find a way to make the fight boring. He brings the fight, but sometimes, I cant put my finger on how it gets boring.

Brook WILL be a handful for Alexander, Im not disputing that, but if he struggled with Carson Jones, then Devon my be too much for him in patches of the fight. I can see Maidana possibly being on this card because he'll take chump change to fight, but I believe Lopez and Matthysse can make money on their own separate cards.

I cant think of any other WWs at the moment, who can be on this card, other than Paulie facing Maidana, or Soto-Karrass facing Bailey. What a minute, did I just name some WWs? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 15 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

V. smart move by GBP to focus on Lt. WW & WW (probaly lt. MW and MW too). Seems so obvious when you think of it, but well done by them. They also have the best roster of HW's outside of Europe. Main Events has Bryant Jennings and Eddie Chambers (now a cruiserweight).

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 15 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2012, 04:19 PM) *
Cant wait for this one! Finally, Special K can bring his ass to the U.S. and make some things shake. I'm not sure if he ever was opposed to coming to the U.S. in the first place, so I wont hold it against him.

I think I just get a bit flustered when a guy wants a U.S. fighter to come to their country and fight, when its well known that foreign fighters come to the U.S. to become bigger stars (Hatton, Hamed, Khan, etc). Im sure foreign fighters worry about being robbed in the U.S., who wouldn't?

I like this matchup, problem is, somehow someway, Devon seems to find a way to make the fight boring. He brings the fight, but sometimes, I cant put my finger on how it gets boring.

Brook WILL be a handful for Alexander, Im not disputing that, but if he struggled with Carson Jones, then Devon my be too much for him in patches of the fight. I can see Maidana possibly being on this card because he'll take chump change to fight, but I believe Lopez and Matthysse can make money on their own separate cards.

I cant think of any other WWs at the moment, who can be on this card, other than Paulie facing Maidana, or Soto-Karrass facing Bailey. What a minute, did I just name some WWs? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Carson Jones is a way different animal than alexander. I hope kells wins this cause as you mentioned Alexander can boring up any fight with his excessive clinching slap punching screaming rabbit punching post to post movement and lack of punching power.

A maidana vs brook fight would be good if he wins but I heard Khan said he will fight brook if brook gets past devon. It's a good bad blood euro rivalry and would have a nice build up.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 15 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 15 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Carson Jones is a way different animal than alexander. I hope kells wins this cause as you mentioned Alexander can boring up any fight with his excessive clinching slap punching screaming rabbit punching post to post movement and lack of punching power.

A maidana vs brook fight would be good if he wins but I heard Khan said he will fight brook if brook gets past devon. It's a good bad blood euro rivalry and would have a nice build up.

Yeah I streamed the Carson Jones fight...I would only HOPE that Brook just didn't take camp all that seriously...I hope. I actually like Devon's power at WW...when he's in position and able to land it flush, which doesn't happen all that often.

Maidana would be a nightmare for Brook at this point. Had he gotten to Maidana before Devon, then I would've claimed an easy victory for Brook, but not so much nowadays. Maidana actually works behind his jab and still has power...all of which equals "nightmare" for Brook.

Screw Khan...cant stand this dude. Why does Brook have to get past Alexander before he fights him? Sounds like Khan is once again, putting himself up higher on the totem pole, than he actually needs to be. Khan couldn't even get past a B+ heavy-handed Garcia at 140, so why is he already ranking his worth at WW? Is this Molina fight at 140 or 147?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 15 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Yeah I streamed the Carson Jones fight...I would only HOPE that Brook just didn't take camp all that seriously...I hope. I actually like Devon's power at WW...when he's in position and able to land it flush, which doesn't happen all that often.

Maidana would be a nightmare for Brook at this point. Had he gotten to Maidana before Devon, then I would've claimed an easy victory for Brook, but not so much nowadays. Maidana actually works behind his jab and still has power...all of which equals "nightmare" for Brook.

Screw Khan...cant stand this dude. Why does Brook have to get past Alexander before he fights him? Sounds like Khan is once again, putting himself up higher on the totem pole, than he actually needs to be. Khan couldn't even get past a B+ heavy-handed Garcia at 140, so why is he already ranking his worth at WW? Is this Molina fight at 140 or 147?

I agree. I could see maidana having more success than Jones did against kell.

And it looks like Khan is looking past yet another opponent lol we've seen what's happened before when he does this

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 15 2012, 10:16 PM) *
And it looks like Khan is looking past yet another opponent lol we've seen what's happened before when he does this

And we're soon to see a repeat. It's clear that Khan is a fighter with self-presumed sense of worth and entitlement. As a fighter, you should rank yourself high, but don't piss your way through fights, get stopped, take the blame, and slowly blame-shift when the situation starts to fizzle down.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:29 PM