IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Preview and Poll: Broner vs. Demarco, This Saturday Night on HBO!
Broner vs. Demarco
Who Will Win?
Broner by Dec (Close) [ 2 ] ** [18.18%]
Broner by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Broner by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [72.73%]
Demarco by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Demarco by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Demarco by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 11

Jack 1000
post Nov 15 2012, 06:46 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Who takes this one? and why?

Vote Now!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Nov 17 2012, 01:31 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 15 2012, 02:18 PM) *
ditto.

thanks for saving me the trouble of having to type all of this out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Marcus @ Nov 15 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Broner has displayed good ring intelligence no question... but with whom was it displayed? How could you say he has the power when he hasn't fought anyone capable of taking punches besides Ponce. Every prospect has power, boxing IQ, and speed when they're on the come up fighting bums. Saturday night we will find out who Broner really is, how he will fare. We will see how his speed and power looks compared to DeMarco's. Until then cut the power talk. I predict Broner will win by a close decision and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Broner-DeMarco II. The biggest advantages Broner has are his weight and Al Haymon.

I can lean on this assessment as well. I believe that Haymon is still earning his keep, in regards to his fighters winning controversial decisions...not sure if he's there yet. Golden Boy is getting their share of winning controversial decisions, having bad refs, and so forth.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 16 2012, 03:54 AM) *
I wouldn't go as far as calling escobedo a bum (medalist, former champ, overall B maybe B- fighter) but broner did have all the advantages in that fight and he has had them in most of his fights in terms of talent.

I like how chels put it earlier, demarco has been stopped before but that was a long time ago and this definitely is not the same demarco. Same with broner w/ the ponce fight, in that fight he had not developed his defense (high guard no upper body movement and little to no shell defense) and didn't seem to want to let his hands go very much. He is definitely not the same fighter either. And no knock on demarco but he has been in w/ a few overrated guys himself (molina, linares).

I think broners speed will be too much and will eventually end it in w/ a late Tko after demarco gives him a couple of early scares w/ his power.

P.s. Im suspecting that some body work on broners behalf will play a big part in the fight, against him as well as for him..

Thanks Check. You brought up a good point about Broner's body work...the best thing for DeMarco to do is walk him down and try to turn him. DeMarco has shared the ring with Valero, and has had his share of fast fighters (Linares)...haven't seen that on Adrien's behalf yet. Still cant wait to see this one!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:02 PM