Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Nov 20 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

My only issue with saying someone "isn't worthy of fighting you" is...the next person you fight better be. For instance Bradley turned down Khan and others to fight Casamayor...which was a bitch made move...but then he eventually got Manny. Whereas a Robert Gayrerro turned down a bunch of good fights, and eventually got a Berto fight which isn't much bigger than the fights he turned down. Donaire makes you go "wait what?" everytime his fights are announced.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 20 2012, 09:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 20 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 10:00 AM) *
My only issue with saying someone "isn't worthy of fighting you" is...the next person you fight better be. For instance Bradley turned down Khan and others to fight Casamayor...which was a bitch made move...but then he eventually got Manny. Whereas a Robert Gayrerro turned down a bunch of good fights, and eventually got a Berto fight which isn't much bigger than the fights he turned down. Donaire makes you go "wait what?" everytime his fights are announced.

you're not looking at the big picture in regards to bradley and guerrero. i never faulted him for passing on khan because he wanted out of his contract and was gunning for pac. only thing bigger than that is floyd. everything else is a step sideways or backwards.

same with guerrero...he wants floyd. every step he has taken has been towards floyd. i can't fault him for that. berto ain't a chump...neither was his last opponent. i can't fault the man for aiming high.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Nov 20 2012, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 21 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 20 2012, 03:03 PM) *
you're not looking at the big picture in regards to bradley and guerrero. i never faulted him for passing on khan because he wanted out of his contract and was gunning for pac. only thing bigger than that is floyd. everything else is a step sideways or backwards.

same with guerrero...he wants floyd. every step he has taken has been towards floyd. i can't fault him for that. berto ain't a chump...neither was his last opponent. i can't fault the man for aiming high.

Yea but Guerrero aiming for Floyd is like ME aiming for Floyd. At some point you have to know your worth. I'm pretty sure there's a dude out there right now who think he can beat LeBron. Now LeBron may take a few ppl up on their challenges but at some point you have to be worth it. Whether Salido's roids had anything to do with it or not, Guerrero got schooled. You're right. Aydin isnt a chump but he BARELY beat Aydin (I had it a draw). You think Floyd give a flying fuck about that belt or Aydin? He ducked Paulie. He said no to a Judah fight before they could even negotiate. Reportedly, he said the same about a Matthysse fight too. He pulled out of the Maidana fight and that just disappeared. "My homie Strick told me finish your breakfast." You gotta fill out the Durex before you start reaching for Magnums lol If he fought Paulie, casual fans would be saying "Who the fuck is this big eared guy Paulie's fighting?" It seems like more people had a problem with Khan calling Floyd out than Guerrero. Khan's resume' is WAY better than his. I see the big picture, but Guerrero is stll drawing with crayola at this point.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 21 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 21 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Yea but Guerrero aiming for Floyd is like ME aiming for Floyd. At some point you have to know your worth. I'm pretty sure there's a dude out there right now who think he can beat LeBron. Now LeBron may take a few ppl up on their challenges but at some point you have to be worth it. Whether Salido's roids had anything to do with it or not, Guerrero got schooled. You're right. Aydin isnt a chump but he BARELY beat Aydin (I had it a draw). You think Floyd give a flying fuck about that belt or Aydin? He ducked Paulie. He said no to a Judah fight before they could even negotiate. Reportedly, he said the same about a Matthysse fight too. He pulled out of the Maidana fight and that just disappeared. "My homie Strick told me finish your breakfast." You gotta fill out the Durex before you start reaching for Magnums lol If he fought Paulie, casual fans would be saying "Who the fuck is this big eared guy Paulie's fighting?" It seems like more people had a problem with Khan calling Floyd out than Guerrero. Khan's resume' is WAY better than his. I see the big picture, but Guerrero is stll drawing with crayola at this point.

if u had a belt at more than one weight class...i'd agree with u. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

losing to salido...roids or not...is not shameful. dude is a beast. as for him not facing paulie, judah or maidana....it happens. i wanted floyd to fight cotto and hatton at 140. he waited til both were shop worn to face them. sometimes the fighters we like do that. boxing is a business. i get it. he's picking his battles wisely. when it's all said and done...he may be in a better position than the guys u mentioned if he can play his cards right. i can't fault him for that. a lot of ppl bitched and moaned when floyd passed up on cotto, margarito and williams to try and get that delahoya fight. i wanted one of those fights to happen too....but i get it. floyd had bigger plans. i can't shit on guerrero for trying to do the same. it's his career....he and his ppl have to maximize their money. the same can be said for a lot of fighters. as i type this....donaire immediately comes to mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 24 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 01:02 PM) *
if u had a belt at more than one weight class...i'd agree with u. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

losing to salido...roids or not...is not shameful. dude is a beast. as for him not facing paulie, judah or maidana....it happens. i wanted floyd to fight cotto and hatton at 140. he waited til both were shop worn to face them. sometimes the fighters we like do that. boxing is a business. i get it. he's picking his battles wisely. when it's all said and done...he may be in a better position than the guys u mentioned if he can play his cards right. i can't fault him for that. a lot of ppl bitched and moaned when floyd passed up on cotto, margarito and williams to try and get that delahoya fight. i wanted one of those fights to happen too....but i get it. floyd had bigger plans. i can't shit on guerrero for trying to do the same. it's his career....he and his ppl have to maximize their money. the same can be said for a lot of fighters. as i type this....donaire immediately comes to mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hatton was undefeated and from what I hear, Cotto's people didn't want Floyd crushing their buzz ever sicne the Gatti fight. (Maybe it was just Arum) If you remember, Cotto was ringside as was Hatton looking very shook. Furthermore, even back THEN, Floyd's resume' was larger than Guerrero's. He'd beaten an undefeated Corrales, Chop Chop, Manfredy, Augustus (Burton), Sharmba Mitchell, Castillo twice, Genaro Hernandez and killed the buzz around Bruseles who was supposed to be push Cotto as the best Puerto Rican fighter in the world.

I applaud him moving up and getting a win but BARELY beating Aydin doesn't warrant him grabbing his crotch like he's got the 10 footer.

I too don't hate on a gy trying to get their money, but he knew damn well he wasn't getting that Mayweather fight anytime soon. He could have fought Maidana and Paulie in the meantime. If you cant beat them, you have no shot at beating Floyd anyway, whereas at least with Bradley, you could conceivably lose to Khan but still beat Manny.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 24 2012, 12:41 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 25 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 24 2012, 01:38 PM) *
Hatton was undefeated and from what I hear, Cotto's people didn't want Floyd crushing their buzz ever sicne the Gatti fight. (Maybe it was just Arum) If you remember, Cotto was ringside as was Hatton looking very shook. Furthermore, even back THEN, Floyd's resume' was larger than Guerrero's. He'd beaten an undefeated Corrales, Chop Chop, Manfredy, Augustus (Burton), Sharmba Mitchell, Castillo twice, Genaro Hernandez and killed the buzz around Bruseles who was supposed to be push Cotto as the best Puerto Rican fighter in the world.

I applaud him moving up and getting a win but BARELY beating Aydin doesn't warrant him grabbing his crotch like he's got the 10 footer.

I too don't hate on a gy trying to get their money, but he knew damn well he wasn't getting that Mayweather fight anytime soon. He could have fought Maidana and Paulie in the meantime. If you cant beat them, you have no shot at beating Floyd anyway, whereas at least with Bradley, you could conceivably lose to Khan but still beat Manny.

that's not how i recall it. he looked more unimpressed than anything. whatever the case....floyd called cotto a regional fighter and chose to take a long break instead of face him. i'm sure arum had everything to do with that. if brusselles got a shot at floyd....then guerrero is more than deserving.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- BlueMercury   Nonito Donaire disses Rigondeaux 'He is not worthy to fight me'   Nov 16 2012, 10:39 PM
- - Cheesey1   I like Donaire, but ha, f'ing ha, f'ing ha...   Nov 16 2012, 11:05 PM
- - flazi   bullshit reasoning and excuses.   Nov 17 2012, 02:45 PM
- - Jovi   Lol this is the exact reason i dont like donaire. ...   Nov 17 2012, 03:35 PM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (Jovi @ Nov 17 2012, 08:35 PM) Lol ...   Nov 18 2012, 01:32 PM
- - Cheesey1   Agreed with everyone. I don't know why Rigond...   Nov 17 2012, 04:18 PM
- - mgrover   id be happy to say Donaire by KO here and now.   Nov 17 2012, 06:37 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 17 2012, 05:18 PM) ...   Nov 17 2012, 07:25 PM
- - Cheesey1   Rigondeaux is literally begging for this fight. W...   Nov 17 2012, 08:36 PM
- - daprofessor   donaire is showing me that he is scared of rigonde...   Nov 18 2012, 10:14 PM
- - Cshel86   C'mon Donaire, it's not you haven't fo...   Nov 18 2012, 10:33 PM
|- - Cheesey1   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2012, 10:33 PM) C...   Nov 19 2012, 12:32 AM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 19 2012, 12:32 AM) ...   Nov 19 2012, 05:21 PM
- - bnoles4life   I need a bigger Rigo sample to say one way or the ...   Nov 19 2012, 05:04 PM
- - mgrover   i dont understand why donaire is being a bitch, it...   Nov 19 2012, 08:18 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 19 2012, 08:18 PM) i...   Nov 20 2012, 11:16 PM
- - Franchize   My only issue with saying someone "isn't ...   Nov 20 2012, 09:00 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 10:00 AM)...   Nov 20 2012, 03:03 PM
|- - Franchize   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 20 2012, 03:03 P...   Nov 21 2012, 12:22 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 21 2012, 01:22 PM)...   Nov 21 2012, 01:02 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 01:02 P...   Nov 21 2012, 06:55 PM
|- - Franchize   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 01:02 P...   Nov 24 2012, 12:38 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 24 2012, 01:38 PM)...   Nov 25 2012, 03:12 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 09:00 AM)...   Nov 20 2012, 10:42 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 11:42 AM)...   Nov 20 2012, 03:05 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 20 2012, 03:05 P...   Nov 20 2012, 03:27 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 04:27 PM)...   Nov 20 2012, 04:14 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 21 2012, 01:22 PM)...   Nov 21 2012, 02:27 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 21 2012, 03:27 PM)...   Nov 21 2012, 02:33 PM
- - Musashi100   he ducking.   Nov 22 2012, 01:59 AM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 03:33 P...   Nov 22 2012, 02:54 AM
- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 22 2012, 03:54 AM)...   Nov 23 2012, 02:30 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:27 AM