IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather, Ward, Alverez, Broner, Gamboa... What Gameplan Do U Think Works Best 2 Defeat These Undefeated Fighters?
Gambit808
post Nov 17 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

What gameplan would u send a fighter in with against either/all of the 5 undefeated fighters listed?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Nov 17 2012, 12:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 17 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Not to duck the question, but it definitely depends on the strengths of the guy going against them. Stating the obvious, intelligent pressure, not brawling, will probably pay some dividends against the purer boxers. Of the guys listed, Alvarez is probably the easiest to have a strategy against. Apart from that just the fundamentals in the right mix (ha! I know short on specifics...).

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Nov 17 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Good ol' jab with mean intentions might do the work against all of them. Too bad nobody has ever used it for more than 4 rounds against them.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 17 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 17 2012, 09:06 AM) *
Good ol' jab with mean intentions might do the work against all of them. Too bad nobody has ever used it for more than 4 rounds against them.

I'm a big fan of the jab. Some guys can exploit it if you leave it out there too long, but overall can't disagree with a nice jab being part of the mix.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Nov 17 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

(2)Alverez: Good boxer but not the best. Someone is going to need to box him from the outside and get him frustrated to catch him coming in. They will need a solid chin though, but if you can keep alverez at bay for 12 rounds, that could be a W. Lol doesn't sound to easy. He would need a Tommy Hearns like fighter.

(1)Ward: Hard to come up against a strategy for ward, hes too good. Has the quickness and power. I dont see someone being able to outbox ward, i really don't. I would have to say someone has to bang his body up for awhile, and then start feinting and try to get a few lucky headshot haymakers for a KO.

(3)Mayweather: Against mayweather you will need a a good jab, left hook, right hook, and straight. Uppercuts may not be as effective. Keep pressuring mayweather, when you are not comboing him on the ropes, that jab must be effective. When you throw that left hook into his shell follow with a right hand to the body or the head. Maybe even both. You would need to throw more EFFECTIVE punches than mayweather which I haven't seen anyone do. Sounds easy but now since he's older it could be done.

(4)Broner: Hmm this is actually pretty hard because i've never really seen him in danger. or maybe i havent watched enough of his old fights. But what i would do is try to see cracks in his guard. then wait for him to open up and try to catch him with a good counter so when he shells up you just aim to break his guard through whatever cracks were found earlier. Speed, power, and intelligence. Russell jr can probably do the job.

(5)Gamboa: Box like adrian broner, lol should get the decision or KO.

The numbers are from hardest to easiest to beat. 1 being hardest to 5 being easiest. I'm not saying that alverez is better than mayweather and broner, but I cant really think of a plan against him because he gets better and stronger and faster every time i see him. I've seen too many mayweather fights (All of them actually) so i could probably recognize his weaknesses easier.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 17 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Man alvarez can lose easy, he just has to fight someone in his god Damn weight class lol

Ward would need a very strong puncher with a good chin to withstand those counters

Mayweather struggles with good jabbers. At this point in his career I think someone with good timing and power will give him trouble

Gamboa would struggle with a boxer. I see a lot of similarity between him and pac

Stick broner in there with matthysse when he gets to 140 and I think he loses that fight. So a good strong puncher with a good chin and relentless style

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 18 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Guys need to watch the Castillo, Mosley, and Cotto fights, if they wanna know how to get to Floyd. Mosley GOT TO him, by going to the body and going back up top. Cotto and Castillo both bullied Floyd in spots, and kept him busier than usual.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 18 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Meh, I'll keep it simple.

Mayweather - pressure/activity
Ward - not sure actually, have to watch more of his fights
Alvarez - pure boxing/speed/stamina
Broner - safe pressure/accuracy
Gamboa - not sure

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Guys need to watch the Castillo, Mosley, and Cotto fights, if they wanna know how to get to Floyd. Mosley GOT TO him, by going to the body and going back up top. Cotto and Castillo both bullied Floyd in spots, and kept him busier than usual.

I wouldn't throw Mosley in there, De La Hoya would make more sense. Floyd had a slow start, quickly adjusted, then made Mosley look washed up.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 18 2012, 11:30 PM) *
I wouldn't throw Mosley in there, De La Hoya would make more sense. Floyd had a slow start, quickly adjusted, then made Mosley look washed up.

Did you see Mosley catch Floyd to the body and quickly follow up with the right across the top? I agree that Floyd adjusted and made Shane look like an amateur, but Shane catching him in that ONE moment, is the moment that most fighters work hard for, and never pull off.

If you watch closely, Ward did the same to Dawson. He threw a straight left to the body, and followed up with a left hook to the chin, and dropped him.

+Quote Post
Genius
post Nov 19 2012, 01:21 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Man alvarez can lose easy, he just has to fight someone in his god Damn weight class lol

Ward would need a very strong puncher with a good chin to withstand those counters

Mayweather struggles with good jabbers. At this point in his career I think someone with good timing and power will give him trouble

Gamboa would struggle with a boxer. I see a lot of similarity between him and pac

Stick broner in there with matthysse when he gets to 140 and I think he loses that fight. So a good strong puncher with a good chin and relentless style

Matthysse ain't beating Broner lol ....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 02:06 PM