IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Broner vs, Demarco-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, Or Discussion of Other Fight Cards
Jack 1000
post Nov 17 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all the on-going and post-fight reactions to the World Lightweight Championship fight tonight between Broner and Demarco. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post Nov 17 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

im covering this fight for the fightscorecollector site (in the signature below)

please add your scores when the fight is over

cheers

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 17 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Can't wait for this one...Im more interested in seeing Seth Mitchell's standing after this one.

Banks/Mitchell:
Banks is built "Ford tough" from what I've seen, but again, we'll see if Seth can show us different. Wasn't Banks just sparring one of the Klitz bros a week or two ago? Not sure if that helped him, since he had an assignment that was a week or two away. No official predictions here, other than Bank may take Mitchell into deeper waters than Witherspoon did, but maybe Seth can weather it and get the W.

Broner/DeMarco:
Trust and believe that I will talk a lot of shit throughout the course of this fight....as long as it lasts. Broner has the speed, reflexes, defense, and power to pull this one off. As I read in a previous thread (which was a great point), he's shown all of this against guys who couldn't hang with him. How much is that truly saying for Broner?

I know that he's had over 300 amateur fights, but still, most (if not all fighters) have ran into that ONE Mexican who gave them trouble...we can start at Mayweather/Castillo, Pacquiao/Morales, Morales/Barrera. Barrera/Hamed, just to name a few.

The prediction lies between Broner imposing his will on DeMarco in a manner that we've never seen him do on a formidable opponent. People bring up the Valero fight as if they followed him all of his career, and no one knew who DeMarco was until the Linares fight...to make matters worse, no one that DeMarco fought Valero until others started bringing it up.

Anyway, I have Broner in a harder fight than he expected, and Im sure DeMarco didn't come to lay down. I felt that same about Martirosyan last week when people were automatically programmed to say that Lara was going to KO him.

We shall see how this goes. I just dont wanna hear Broner fans saying that he's the best in the world, should he win tonight. Besides, they were saying that it was gonna be an easy night because DeMarco got thrashed by Valero. If it's an easy fight and Demarco is such an easy opponent, then in no way should Broner be crowned the king of anything tonight. I will admit that I'll be more interested in his fights, should he win tonight.

I can respect everyone's opinion, and Im sure we ALL would hope that this one doesn't end with a wack ass cut. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 17 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Banks is giving up too much weight. He doesnt look like much to me.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 17 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Did Lampley just say that Mitchell has a "substantial butt"??? C'mon Jim...c'mon man.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 17 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

WHOA! Seth goes down in the 2nd...and he's hurt

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 17 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Isnt Banks Wlads new trainer?

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 17 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Wow

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 17 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Wow! 2nd round TKO loss for Mitchell. I cant say that I didn't see this coming, but damn, I like Seth Mitchell. Watching a guy who gave up about 30 lbs gets stopped. Good night for Banks.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 17 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

WTF was that. Seth Mitchell had the fight under control. Then K9 jumped in the ring dressed like Mitchell and got knocked out. Ive never seen no shit like that B4.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 02:26 AM