> Broner vs Garcia
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 19 2012, 04:57 PM) *
Hmmmm...my opinion is, he won't get it w/ Garcia. I think Danny is a good, young fighter, but I'm not so high on him. As far as stopping Khan, I think you make that a more lofty accomplishment than it really is. I mean, Khan has been/is/always will be "chinny" and it was only a matter of time before someone reminded us, exactly how delicate of a flower he has doubling as his mandible. LOL. Moreover, let us not forget, Khan was winning that fight easily before he decided to imitate Zab a la the Kostya fight. Even before that, in Morales I, he, Danny, was getting more than he wanted, I'm sure. MORALES!!!! Let me be clear: He is nothing remotely close to "garbage"....again, he's a good young fighter, but I think people are forcing us to like him more than we should....kinda like when the fashion world tells you Kate Moss his one of the most beautiful women walking the planet. <---- word?

My point is (finally, I know), I don't see Danny being THAT much of a problem for him. I see Rios being more of a problem, if for no other reason, I want to see how Broner keeps him off of him.

I agree about Broner not getting his defining fight with Garcia, but who knows, it's not so much as to WHO Danny has been fighting as of late, but more so HOW he's been finishing those fights. Broner's defining fight will be calculated AFTER the fight is over (whoever that opponent may be), since he's already made it clear to most of the public that he has that Floyd factor, and not many people are gonna just run through him. So, whoever the lucky contestant is, that happens to hurt, drop, or give Broner a hard fight, will be determined after the fight is over.

I call the Khan victory for Garcia, a defining fight, because let's be honest, Khan was on the right track of becoming another relatively easy payday for Floyd. Had he gotten past Danny and avenged the Peterson loss by the end of this year, he (Khan) and Canelo would've been runner up for a Mayweather fight, instead of the public trying to force a Sergio fight down our throats.

I didn't forget that first Morales fight either...I actually had Erik winning more rounds than we were forced to believe. Danny either gave him too much respect, or that was his fight to help him get out of "green status". Hell, he did take two rounds of hell from Khan, so couple that with a hard first fight, along with him getting used to Khan's speed, gave us the result of Morales (with the retired stripper body) going express style through the ropes in the rematch.

I don't think Danny's THAT great of a fighter either, and yes, a guy like Broner would do more than what Khan did, except with more power, precision, and better footwork (which Khan sucked at). That fight would be somewhat of a nightmare for Danny, unless he could troll Broner into an exchange and hope for the best.

Oh yeah, I just looked up Kate Moss, since the name didn't register, and needless to say...I closed that Google tab QUICKLY.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 19 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Oh yeah, I just looked up Kate Moss, since the name didn't register, and needless to say...I closed that Google tab QUICKLY.

Bwwwwaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa....the crazy thing is, that chick was the highest paid model...THE HIGHEST PAID..for like a decade. I'm talking $10-$20M per

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 19 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Bwwwwaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa....the crazy thing is, that chick was the highest paid model...THE HIGHEST PAID..for like a decade. I'm talking $10-$20M per

Highest paid model?! For a decade?! $10-$20M?! That mud duck?! GTFOH!

Boy I tell ya...blowjobs will take you a long way nowadays. Her best pose HAD TO BE on her knees with a bag over her head. Thank God for doing it with the lights off...that's helped a few people out over the years. She may have looked like Angelina Jolie in the dark, but hell, who doesn't?

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Nov 19 2012, 06:49 PM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I was going to try and say Broner should stay at his weight by then i seen who was in Jr welterweight and my decision is already changed. He needs to move up pronto and take thats division.

Rios, Judah, Marquez, Khan, Matthysse, and Garcia?!?! dammmmmm those are all prizefights with broner fighting them. I dont want to say i see Broner beating and dominating all of them. He easiest of them all would be khan. Then probably judah or garcia. I cant look down on marquez, he could get dominated, but he is bigger/better than he was against mayweather so its up in the air. Rios impressed me his last fight, i'm not going to lie, but if anyone is beating him, its Broner, I wont be surprised if i see broner get cracked good a few times either. Matthysse i think is the toughest of them all, no joke. This fight could go either way, the one i want to see the most because im not sure.

Or if he didnt move up he could wait and fight Gamboa, Russell jr, and donaire.

If he was a real OG double OG triple OG. He fights all the names listed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) , i wouldnt be mad at that.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Nov 19 2012, 09:32 PM
Post #15

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

TO SOON TO SPEAK OF BRONER AT 140-147 FOR THE GAZILLIONTH TIME.

He JUST moved up to a new weight class for cripes sakes! Let him live. Damn! lol Let him clean out the division first, unify, add more W's to make his record more appealing, get more ring experience, attract more fans, create a greater following. Remember Floyd had a long run at 130 and 135. That gave him time to build and make him the fighter he is today. Broner's only 23. He has time. In fact in the long haul i see Broner competing at 154. But for now let him clean out the division. He has yet to do that.

Broner would beat Burns. Id still like to see them crack though. Id also like to see Broner vs Vasquez.
Broner vs. Abril would be the best challenge. Abril beat Bambam. It was unfortunate he got robbed. Rios was no Broner but he's definitely a strong puncher. I think Abril would put Broners boxing skills to the test. Abril is an excellent cuban boxer. He doesn't get enough credit. He to me is a greater threat than DeMarco was, and he can get the decision.

Ive said this long ago....Broner Vs. Garcia=Mayweather-Cotto 2.0 if both fighters keep racking up W's. When they become the PPV stars of the sport down the stretch i see them cracking at 154.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Nov 19 2012, 09:45 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Marcus @ Nov 19 2012, 09:32 PM) *

He JUST moved up to a new weight class for cripes sakes! Let him live. Damn! lol Let him clean out the division first, unify, add more W's to make his record more appealing, get more ring experience, attract more fans, create a greater following. Remember Floyd had a long run at 130 and 135. That gave him time to build and make him the fighter he is today. Broner's only 23. He has time. In fact in the long haul i see Broner competing at 154. But for now let him clean out the division. He has yet to do that.

Broner would beat Burns. Id still like to see them crack though. Id also like to see Broner vs Vasquez.
Broner vs. Abril would be the best challenge. Abril beat Bambam. It was unfortunate he got robbed. Rios was no Broner but he's definitely a strong puncher. I think Abril would put Broners boxing skills to the test. Abril is an excellent boxer. He doesn't get enough credit. He to me is a greater threat than DeMarco.

Ive said this long ago....Broner Vs. Garcia=Mayweather-Cotto 2.0 if both fighters keep racking up W's. When they become the PPV stars of the sport down the stretch i see them cracking at 154.

Cant argue with this my man. Good stuff. I like how you threw Abril in the mix, that's what I like to hear...it's more realistic. All of this big name fighter vs big name fighter fantasy matchups mess, does nothing but set us boxing fans up for disappointment.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 19 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Marcus @ Nov 19 2012, 07:32 PM) *

Broner vs. Abril would be the best challenge. Abril beat Bambam. It was unfortunate he got robbed. Rios was no Broner but he's definitely a strong puncher. I think Abril would put Broners boxing skills to the test. Abril is an excellent cuban boxer. He doesn't get enough credit. He to me is a greater threat than DeMarco was, and he can get the decision.

Thats why i said unify with Burns first. Maybe one more defense after that. Then by Nov hed go to 140. Broner is big boned. I could see him at 154 in 4 yrs.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Nov 19 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #18

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Broner vs Pacquiao is what needs to happen

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 20 2012, 02:49 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Lets just cut to the chase. Everyone would love to see Mayweather/Broner at 147. Not garcia, not Judah, not Khan. No one cares about them. Mayweather/Broner would be the epic bout that would break PPV records. Somebody's 0 gots to go. Do it in 2013, before Mayweather gets too old. Broner is a great fighter and this last win was very impressive. I dont really like his showboating and the way he acts like a 5 year old, but his skills are undeniable. I'm a fan, but from a distance...

The Press conferences and the 24/7 would build this fight unlike any other. If Mayweather fought Broner, I'd have no problem with the whole Mayweather picking yet another smallish guy. This smallish guy may be big enough to beat Mayweather. I wonder if they ever sparred...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 20 2012, 02:59 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Nov 20 2012, 12:41 AM) *
Broner vs Pacquiao is what needs to happen

It probably can happen next year. Pacquiao beats Marquez(again) and this could be a marquee matchup at 147 or so... It would be a very interesting fight. I'd pay to see it. If Broner was to win, I think his head would explode right there in the ring ala that movie Scanners from the 80's. Then maybe, just maybe we could get Mayweather/Broner... IF Broner is willing to take the tests... Oh sorry... If Broner is willing to take them up to 14 days before the fight... Whoops I mean.... If Broner is willing to take random tests up to the day before the fight... My bad... If Broner is willing to take tests in between rounds... Wow, did I actually write that... I meant... aw hell... Mayweather just retired again... No need to fight Broner, after all who did he fight? Its not a smart business move anyway...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:16 AM