IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll bitches: Do you think Guerrero deserves a shot at Floyd?
Does Guerrero deserve a shot at Floyd?
Vote suckas
Guerrero needs to beat a top 5 WW. [ 15 ] ** [88.24%]
Guerrero has done enough and deserves a shot [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
leonthegee
post Nov 25 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

(Admin note: Thanks for poll! The multiple answer option was selected which would have enabled uses to vote both YES and NO. Which wouldn't make sense for this excellent question. Intent I am sure was to select one response, that Guerrero has done enough OR needs to beat a top five welterweight. The poll answering has been changed to allow only one response.)

For almost all poll questions, where you want only one response to show, don't check the Multiple-Choice check box.)

Personally I don't want to see this matchup. However I think if you add Guerreros story plus Floyd's mouth it equals a million PPVs. I think Guerrero could be marketable. As I said before he has a great story, plus he's Mexican American, he speaks perfect English, and is a handsome dude, no homo. You could stick him on ESPN with Skip and Steven A., ala Manny and JMM, and make his story national. I think Floyd would have to play the angry black man but it could work. Your thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 25 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

easily marketable, Robo could go on about how you respect your woman, and Floyd can tell him to shut the fuck up cause he don't know shit about shit etc etc etc, but the thing is Mayweather will only fight if hes sure he can make that type of money, and give him a low low percentage. Guerrero has fought nobody, but it seems in boxing that doesn't matter nowadays.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 25 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 25 2012, 04:40 PM) *
easily marketable, Robo could go on about how you respect your woman, and Floyd can tell him to shut the fuck up cause he don't know shit about shit etc etc etc, but the thing is Mayweather will only fight if hes sure he can make that type of money, and give him a low low percentage. Guerrero has fought nobody, but it seems in boxing that doesn't matter nowadays.

Floyd can give Guerrero a flat rate, ala Vic Ortiz. I'm not going to get into the whole who have you beaten thing. But I will say that Guerreros done a lot more than Canelo, although Canelo might be the tougher challenge.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Nov 25 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

First Guerrero calls out Mayweather then Broner then Mayweather again. He should fight an Alexander or Bradley before trying to jump up and fight Mayweather. If the Ghost thinks a win over a no name and a laid off Berto are enough to physically challenge Mayweather then he's going to be in for a rude awakening. I see it as an easy fight for Mayweather...Guerrero has no strengths against Mayweather, not even a punchers chance because he doesn't hit hard enough.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 25 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Nov 25 2012, 07:00 PM) *
First Guerrero calls out Mayweather then Broner then Mayweather again. He should fight an Alexander or Bradley before trying to jump up and fight Mayweather. If the Ghost thinks a win over a no name and a laid off Berto are enough to physically challenge Mayweather then he's going to be in for a rude awakening. I see it as an easy fight for Mayweather...Guerrero has no strengths against Mayweather, not even a punchers chance because he doesn't hit hard enough.

I'm the ghost is going to fight Mayweather the same way he fought Berto. Try to get him out of his element with all the holding and hiting. I would not want to see that fight, but its possible and may happen.

+Quote Post
Genius
post Nov 25 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

Guerrero should fight Paulie next, collect that trinket.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 25 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Not yet,

Robert needs one more fight with a top Welterweight before Floyd Mayweather. Tim Bradley would be good. However, unless Floyd has aged a lot, I still think he wins by preventing Guerrero from getting inside. The Mayweather camp will get someone like Jay Nady who won't let "The Ghost" pressure Floyd. And Nady won't let Guerrero get away with holding and hitting.

Floyd busts up Guerrero and stops him on cuts. Robert could make it "interesting early" but he would have to get and stay in the pocket to do that and a Nevada ref won't let him do that for extended periods of time. A middle of the ring, pot-shotting Mayweather busts up "The Ghost" on cuts.

If the fight is competitive, it's because of Floyd's age and inactivity in terms of, have Floyd's legs given out, and the fact that he is getting old.

Jack

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Nov 26 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

A couple names come to mind before Floyed looks his way..

Bradley,.. Pauly...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 26 2012, 01:11 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 25 2012, 11:56 PM) *
Not yet,

Robert needs one more fight with a top Welterweight before Floyd Mayweather. Tim Bradley would be good. However, unless Floyd has aged a lot, I still think he wins by preventing Guerrero from getting inside. The Mayweather camp will get someone like Jay Nady who won't let "The Ghost" pressure Floyd. And Nady won't let Guerrero get away with holding and hitting.

Floyd busts up Guerrero and stops him on cuts. Robert could make it "interesting early" but he would have to get and stay in the pocket to do that and a Nevada ref won't let him do that for extended periods of time. A middle of the ring, pot-shotting Mayweather busts up "The Ghost" on cuts.

If the fight is competitive, it's because of Floyd's age and inactivity in terms of, have Floyd's legs given out, and the fact that he is getting old.

Jack

Idk about the thing with refs. I mean they let cotto fight on the inside, but maybe the name (popularity) would make a difference in your points favor. I don't think guerrero could beat him either way. Good story, easily marketed, but I still don't think he deserves a shot. He fought a berto who has looked like shit 3 out of his last four fights got caught on roids and was out for about a year because of an injury as well..

A fight with Alexander, Bradley, brook, or maidana would be good.. I see a lot of work he can put in before actually deserving a shot

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 26 2012, 07:49 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

All of the fights that Robert seemed to avoid/bypass at 140, are now catching up to him at 147 (Paulie, Maidana, Alexander, Bradley, Ortiz)...he should be happy with these bouts and pump his brakes.

I'm tired of hearing about his backstory and he still doesn't sell tickets, people seem to forget that. 24/7 isn't the end all, be all, and it isn't going to skyrocket every fighter's career. Hell, Pacquiao's boring as hell on 24/7, but he's known for putting on great fights, and that's why people watch him.

All of this jumping from A-Z in boxing, has got to stop soon. Guys think that they can have one good fight, and BOOM, they're entitled to a HUGE fight. What ever happened to cleaning out the division and being recognized as THE champ?

Robert's a decent fighter, but he still seems to be begging instead of taking on all comers. Khan has begged for a Floyd fight, but in the meantime, he's taken on all comers, even if it was a risk...I can never take that away from him.

One thing that sucks for Guerrero, is that he's still failed to produce any type of identity for himself in the sport of boxing. Golden Boy makes it seem as if they're trying to push for a Floyd fight, but they haven't put in half as much work for Robert as they did for Ortiz.

If Robert wants to make a statement, then he at least needs to fight Ortiz on the next Mayweather card...at least fight a guy that Floyd has already faced. I can't knock him for wanting a big payday, but don't get an invisible title (WBC "interim title), fight an unknown Aydin, batter and not put away a blind and inactive Berto, and suddenly get tunnel vision when it comes to everyone else in the division.

A Guerrero fight does nothing more for Floyd's career, other than make him seem that much more afraid of the competition at hand. I can't picture Floyd saying, "We chose Guerrero because he called us out. If he want it, he can get it". It looked bad when he "accepted Marquez's challenge" (who was a small guy), and it wouldn't look any better if he did the same for an unknown Guerrrero.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:31 PM