Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Nov 28 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Though there's still more fights to come before the year is out, which of these 2 fights do you feel right now is the Front-Runner to Fight Of The Year, and why?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jovi
post Nov 29 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Being a Berto fan, Rios-Alvarado was a better fight to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif) lol

I already had Rios-Alvarado for fight of the year regardless, if Berto was in that fight with either Rios or Alvarado, idk if he wouldve been still standing by the last bell. though it was a lack a defense mostly on Rios's end, he was taking shots, i thought he was going to lose, then outta nowhere he got hulk strength and put Alvarado away. I was very impressed with Rios after that fight. Plus it was a Knockout

I wasn't impressed with Guerrero after the Berto fight, just more disappointed in Berto since he is clearly the more talented fighter, just doesn't know how to use his skills.

Maybe I'm alittle bias. At the beginning of the year i can say i liked Guerrero more than Rios but Rios already proved more.

Guerrero shouldn't get fight of the year, fighter of the year, or a Mayweather fight. Not yet, but he is definitely getting much more recognition.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 29 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Nov 29 2012, 11:25 AM) *
I already had Rios-Alvarado for fight of the year regardless,

You don't think Lopez/Salido II can compete with Rios/Alvarado??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Nov 29 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2012, 02:13 PM) *
You don't think Lopez/Salido II can compete with Rios/Alvarado??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

That was this year? good call, i had to rewatch the highlights, i didnt remember it going to the 10th round, lol i just remember salido dominating lopez and thinking he made him look alittle amateur and taking him out early. Wasnt as bad as i thought, great fight.

Now that i'm really thinking of every fight over the year,
i would put Martinez-Chavez in there for Martinez putting that Ass whoopin on chavez and giving him that first L though it almost all turned around in those final minutes.

Lopez-salido 2 for Salido spanking that ass again in the enemy territory with those drunk ass judges,

Ortiz-Josesito Lopez because i really was surprised with this scrawny kid giving it to ortiz and even breaking his jaw, Respect

Alvarado/Rios i really thought Alvarado was going to win until Rios randomly got super speed and super strength. They were really F***ing eachother up in that ring, straight up war

Garcia-Khan Khan was eating Garcia until he tasted that left hook. Great fight, and great end

Mares/Moreno- I really enjoyed the fight, Mares showed how a brawler beats a good boxer.

Network of the year definitely goes to Shotime, they can have no name fighters on there and the fights are still good.

Latino nation definitely putting on boxing.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:24 PM