Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Connect The Dots, Mayweather's Opponent For Ring Return
Gambit808
post Dec 4 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

I recently read off Boxingscene about how Canelo wants to again, negotiate a fight with Mayweather for Cinco De Mayo weekend since the bad luck ginger head man again, had to witness a fighter he expected to win, obviously not win. Though that would make Mayweather the obvious plan B, the article would go on to read that he (Canelo) feels it would be difficult given the fact that Mayweather has plans to return to the ring in Febuary 2013 & later IN THE SAME YEAR of September 2013, and when it comes to making the terms to Who, What, When, Where to fight, we all know who wins that battle.

Now, if in fact that is true and things do not AGAIN go "Canelo's Way", then that (to me) leaves 1 opponent out of 6 potentials, who could possibly make that date in Febuary and my bet is on... Robert "The Ghost" Guererro.

Not Trout (too soon), Not Pacquiao (for reasons that would take 3 years to explain), Not Bradley(though it has been said that he is scheduled to fight in Febuary against an opponent TBA), Not Alverez, Not Maidana... If a Mayweather return in Febuary is true, then I can't think of no other opponent that makes more sense than a scrap with The Ghost. It's Sellable, It's a good test to see how/if Mayweather can still handle a busy, durable southpaw with a good chin and some technical boxing skills as well, why not?

Your Thoughts

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
xxxxxx
post Dec 6 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

So Team Mayweather(Leonard & Floyd himself) now have stated they plan to fight May 4 vs TBA & Sep 14th vs TBA...both being at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. This is terrific news if it comes to fruition. 99% of the time when Leonard comes out with a statement it is very simple, accurate, professional & to the point when it comes to Floyd. Now the question is who will be the 2 opponents? Or will it be the same opponent(highly unlikely, but possible)? In my opinion...If I was Golden Boy and Team Mayweather i would announce a 4 man tourney in the 147-154 pound divisons. With Floyd & Canelo in opposite fights. I know, I know...weve seen "plans" get interupted before, but with the right 4 men any matchup would be nice. They could match Canelo vs K-9 in a unification fight on 1 side and you could get the Mayweather-Ghost matchup on the other. Mayweather could even ask the Ghost to come to 154 if they planned on having an undisputed 154 pound Champion after the 2 fights. Or there is always a Mayweather-Canelo fight right away in May or Mayweather could wait for Pacman( depending the results). This will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:29 PM