Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Connect The Dots, Mayweather's Opponent For Ring Return
Gambit808
post Dec 4 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

I recently read off Boxingscene about how Canelo wants to again, negotiate a fight with Mayweather for Cinco De Mayo weekend since the bad luck ginger head man again, had to witness a fighter he expected to win, obviously not win. Though that would make Mayweather the obvious plan B, the article would go on to read that he (Canelo) feels it would be difficult given the fact that Mayweather has plans to return to the ring in Febuary 2013 & later IN THE SAME YEAR of September 2013, and when it comes to making the terms to Who, What, When, Where to fight, we all know who wins that battle.

Now, if in fact that is true and things do not AGAIN go "Canelo's Way", then that (to me) leaves 1 opponent out of 6 potentials, who could possibly make that date in Febuary and my bet is on... Robert "The Ghost" Guererro.

Not Trout (too soon), Not Pacquiao (for reasons that would take 3 years to explain), Not Bradley(though it has been said that he is scheduled to fight in Febuary against an opponent TBA), Not Alverez, Not Maidana... If a Mayweather return in Febuary is true, then I can't think of no other opponent that makes more sense than a scrap with The Ghost. It's Sellable, It's a good test to see how/if Mayweather can still handle a busy, durable southpaw with a good chin and some technical boxing skills as well, why not?

Your Thoughts

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Dec 6 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I have no idea about the Cinco de Mayo fight but I think the September fight will be Danny Garcia. I think Angel will run his yap in some post fight interview if Danny KO's Zab and the whole room will pause like "uh oh." I don't think Oscar wants Canelo fighting Floyd quite yet. I don't think they see Canelo as the "new thing". I think they're trying to make him an actual icon. Danny is a "new thing", who has a big name now, but I don't think they mind sacrificing him to the big bad wolf lol. I think a Garcia vs Mayweather fight is much easier to sell than Guerrero. I think Mayweather will use the September fight to take over another market. Wouldn't be surprised if he fought in the Barclays. If that beef with him and 50 is genuine, that would be a real rash on 50's gens. He secretly HATES Jay-Z but respects him. In the biggest dick contest 50 always wants to have with moguls, your ex-friend/ biggest fighter in the sport fighting in your rivals arena is like a penis pump lol

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 6 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 6 2012, 02:54 PM) *
I have no idea about the Cinco de Mayo fight but I think the September fight will be Danny Garcia. I think Angel will run his yap in some post fight interview if Danny KO's Zab and the whole room will pause like "uh oh." I don't think Oscar wants Canelo fighting Floyd quite yet. I don't think they see Canelo as the "new thing". I think they're trying to make him an actual icon. Danny is a "new thing", who has a big name now, but I don't think they mind sacrificing him to the big bad wolf lol. I think a Garcia vs Mayweather fight is much easier to sell than Guerrero. I think Mayweather will use the September fight to take over another market. Wouldn't be surprised if he fought in the Barclays. If that beef with him and 50 is genuine, that would be a real rash on 50's gens. He secretly HATES Jay-Z but respects him. In the biggest dick contest 50 always wants to have with moguls, your ex-friend/ biggest fighter in the sport fighting in your rivals arena is like a penis pump lol

Hmmm makes sense. And better for Danny if he loses his 0 against Floyd and makes a nice very payday instead of losing it to Matthysse and not getting nowhere near the same amount of money.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 7 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Plah @ Dec 6 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Hmmm makes sense. And better for Danny if he loses his 0 against Floyd and makes a nice very payday instead of losing it to Matthysse and not getting nowhere near the same amount of money.

Yup, plus Golden Boy won't have to pay THAT much for Danny. They'll probably appease him by letting him walk out first. Letting him fighting where he'll already have fought twice. Oscar will hype up the fight and remind people that Danny is a champion and he has belts blah blah blah. Floyd wont care much about entering the ring first. He'll say that he's happy to be fighting a stong, young champion at his best (clearly a jab at Manny lol). He'll call Danny a young lion with tremendous punching power, then the week of, as Garcia and his pops are fuming with confidence, he'll begin talking shit at a rate that maybe even Angel can't handle and take the cool right outta Danny's walk lol. Him and Ellerbe will be sitting back with the "This nigga here" face and collect another pay day agaist a guy who's probably going to make about 1/8th of what he is. Win/Win for all parties involved.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:34 PM