Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rinkles in a HYPED fighters style
Gambit808
post Dec 4 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

What fighter comes to mind first after reading the title of this topic. Every fighter has there rinkles, but which 1, to you, stands out the most, and makes u feel that it's only a matter of time soon to come before he gets exposed.

Gamboa
Thurman
Donaire
Broner
Russell Jr.
Mares
Wilder
Price
Fury
Quillin
Cote
Garcia... To name a few.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 4 2012, 11:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Dec 6 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I ommitted a few guys because I dont watch enough of them to make a fair and accurate comment.

Gamboa- Allows himself to get hit unnecessarily in chase of a KO.
Thurman- Leans forward too much on his punches. Can be a bit overzealous. Seems like his first KO loss will be to a nicely placed uppercut.
Donaire- I don't know if he really does it to force the action or not, but he gets hit way too much by inferior opponents. He also squares his body up a lot when he gets in his little "zone".
Broner- Like Bernard Hopkins in the fights just before Pavlik, Broner is a pure boxer who sometimes can't understand that it isn't enough to just look more technically sound that your opponent. We all know he lands the cleaner, crisper punches but sometime the judges don't care if a punch from your opponent only partially landed.
Russell Jr.- He comes in kinda wide and completely drops his hands when he's throwing combinations. Ironically, he's most vulnerable when he goes in for the kill.
Mares- If he runs into a veteran referee whose not afraid to call him on his bullshit and knows what to look for, he may struggle. Also, if he runs into a guy that can keep him on the end of their jab.
Quillin- Loses focus and leans on the ropes, taking unnecessary punishment. He also keeps his guard too high at times. N'Dam was able to touch him to the body on far too many occassions. Also, you can sweep the hook around his guard with regularity.
Garcia- He's just wild. I think it's a matter of time before some boxer with a solid IQ and str8 punches tags him up really good. I think the person to do it won't even be a big puncher.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:27 AM