IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pacquiao-Marquez score at time of stoppage (Topics Merged), Press and fans scores
fightscoreollect...
post Dec 9 2012, 07:29 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

I thought Pac was looking good before Marquez landed the bomb. I want to see the 5th fight.

My score was 47-46 Pacquiao
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
fightscoreollect...
post Dec 9 2012, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,394

First off thank you for supplying scores for my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below)

I was able to get 146 Press and fan scores.

41 Press scores which a high percentage had Pacquiao ahead when stopped

Does the fact that Pac was ahead on most peoples scores, my stats had it 133-10-3 in favor of Pacquiao give him the right to demand a 5th fight??

JMM is a remarkable figter to comeback the way he did, at 39 he gained his best win of his career....i for 1 want to see a 5th fight. LOOK what i say at the end of my article, thats the reason i hope Pacquiao gets his chance

"Once and for all" - pacquiao-marquez 5

+Quote Post
VJones
post Dec 9 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Perhaps it's because I had JMM winning fight 2 & 3 that I see no need for a fifth fight along with the fact that it doesn't get anymore definitive than a knockout....and dude was knocked-out cold by a well set-up punch, not some fluke or lucky shot...or it could be too that I've grown weary of the hype-job that Arum & Co. have turned Manny into (with lots of help from the media); taking a good and exciting fighter and creating this mythological unbeatable creature.

So I'm admittedly relieved that this nonsense is over and we can once again root for the real Manny Pacquiao -- a good and explosive but never complete fighter. I, frankly would like to see JMM vs Bradley or Rios instead. And I'd like to see PAC take a break...he's lost the psychological edge now in any future fight (be it with JMM or Rios or Bradley), so there's a good chance he'll get knocked out again. For sake of his health I'd like him to break from boxing and consider retirement. The top-rank hype machine has been good for his pockets and it's been a good ride. Maybe now's the time to close the curtain.

Btw, I'm puzzled by those pointing to the score-cards as reason for a rematch. There were 6 more rounds left in the fight for JMM to pull ahead or even dominate. I can understand this argument for a fifth fight only if PAC was dominating or ahead (with a wider score) in say the 11th or 12th round and then the knockout occurred (As in the case of Martinez/Chavez Jr. With Junior knocking Sergio out instead of just a knockdown). Then one could say: "Oh man, PAC was winning the fight entire until the knockout." Or if it was a fluke shot, which this wasn't.

I think people are being over-zealous. And it could get PAC hurt. Because he'll be gun-shy now, not so much because he was knocked out, but because: 1a. The manner in which he was knocked out lends itself to the idea that it was only a matter of time, because that shot is the same shot that has hurt him in 3 previous fights, now perfected. 1b. He was knocked-out cold, which is always traumatic. 1c. He was knocked-out cold after having been so exalted for the past 4 years by media and fans. It would be hard for Manny to not have bought into his own mythology. Therefore it makes this kind of humbling, very devastating

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 10 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 9 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Perhaps it's because I had JMM winning fight 2 & 3 that I see no need for a fifth fight along with the fact that it doesn't get anymore definitive than a knockout....and dude was knocked-out cold by a well set-up punch, not some fluke or lucky shot...or it could be too that I've grown weary of the hype-job that Arum & Co. have turned Manny into (with lots of help from the media); taking a good and exciting fighter and creating this mythological unbeatable creature.

So I'm admittedly relieved that this nonsense is over and we can once again root for the real Manny Pacquiao -- a good and explosive but never complete fighter. I, frankly would like to see JMM vs Bradley or Rios instead. And I'd like to see PAC take a break...he's lost the psychological edge now in any future fight (be it with JMM or Rios or Bradley), so there's a good chance he'll get knocked out again. For sake of his health I'd like him to break from boxing and consider retirement. The top-rank hype machine has been good for his pockets and it's been a good ride. Maybe now's the time to close the curtain.

Btw, I'm puzzled by those pointing to the score-cards as reason for a rematch. There were 6 more rounds left in the fight for JMM to pull ahead or even dominate. I can understand this argument for a fifth fight only if PAC was dominating or ahead (with a wider score) in say the 11th or 12th round and then the knockout occurred (As in the case of Martinez/Chavez Jr. With Junior knocking Sergio out instead of just a knockdown). Then one could say: "Oh man, PAC was winning the fight entire until the knockout." Or if it was a fluke shot, which this wasn't.

I think people are being over-zealous. And it could get PAC hurt. Because he'll be gun-shy now, not so much because he was knocked out, but because: 1a. The manner in which he was knocked out lends itself to the idea that it was only a matter of time, because that shot is the same shot that has hurt him in 3 previous fights, now perfected. 1b. He was knocked-out cold, which is always traumatic. 1c. He was knocked-out cold after having been so exalted for the past 4 years by media and fans. It would be hard for Manny to not have bought into his own mythology. Therefore it makes this kind of humbling, very devastating

excellent post.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- fightscoreollector   Pacquiao-Marquez score at time of stoppage (Topics Merged)   Dec 9 2012, 07:29 AM
- - CrazyBuffalO   Marquez was leading the fight even without the KO ...   Dec 9 2012, 08:03 AM
- - mgrover   About same here i had Pac just ahead although the ...   Dec 9 2012, 10:11 AM
- - BrutUalBK   That was one of the best KOs I've ever!...   Dec 9 2012, 11:01 AM
- - Franchize   I had Manny winning rounds 1,4,5. I had Marquez wi...   Dec 9 2012, 11:04 AM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 9 2012, 07...   Dec 9 2012, 11:59 AM
- - Marcus   Id love to see Marquez vs Broner. Marquez vs Garci...   Dec 9 2012, 12:05 PM
- - fightscoreollector   cheers for the scores guys, will post all press an...   Dec 9 2012, 12:10 PM
|- - BrutUalBK   QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 9 2012, 11...   Dec 9 2012, 03:40 PM
- - fightscoreollector   First off thank you for supplying scores for my fi...   Dec 9 2012, 05:58 PM
|- - VJones   Perhaps it's because I had JMM winning fight 2...   Dec 9 2012, 09:07 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 9 2012, 09:07 PM) Per...   Dec 10 2012, 02:36 PM
- - mgrover   am a pac fan personally and as much as i want pac ...   Dec 9 2012, 06:43 PM
|- - BrutUalBK   QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 9 2012, 05:43 PM) am...   Dec 9 2012, 08:15 PM
|- - VJones   QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 9 2012, 09:15 PM) ...   Dec 9 2012, 09:08 PM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 10 2012, 01:15 AM)...   Dec 10 2012, 12:00 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 9 2012, 05...   Dec 10 2012, 09:48 AM
- - daprofessor   i had pac up before the ko. interesting things i...   Dec 10 2012, 02:41 PM
- - Jack 1000   I had it 47-47 all even, with an even first round....   Dec 10 2012, 04:15 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:43 PM