IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao-Marquez score at time of stoppage (Topics Merged), Press and fans scores
mgrover
post Dec 9 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

am a pac fan personally and as much as i want pac to beat him, because i liked what i say the first few rounds he was actually outworking and boxing marquez, but i think that could do more to the fact with that marquez was a lot more conservative and waiting on that counter right hand.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 9 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 9 2012, 05:43 PM) *
am a pac fan personally and as much as i want pac to beat him, because i liked what i say the first few rounds he was actually outworking and boxing marquez, but i think that could do more to the fact with that marquez was a lot more conservative and waiting on that counter right hand.

Honestly, there is no need for a rematch!! When Tarver KO'd Jones after their affairs who thought another fight was necessary after that devastating KO?? I didn't!!

At this point JMM will obliterate Manny again and every time after that if they were to go at it. Did Arguello need to define himself with Pryor after he was obliterated a second time? No! Some things in life are just better off being left alone, this is one of those things.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Dec 9 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Perhaps it's because I had JMM winning fight 2 & 3 that I see no need for a fifth fight along with the fact that it doesn't get anymore definitive than a knockout....and dude was knocked-out cold by a well set-up punch, not some fluke or lucky shot...or it could be too that I've grown weary of the hype-job that Arum & Co. have turned Manny into (with lots of help from the media); taking a good and exciting fighter and creating this mythological unbeatable creature.

So I'm admittedly relieved that this nonsense is over and we can once again root for the real Manny Pacquiao -- a good and explosive but never complete fighter. I, frankly would like to see JMM vs Bradley or Rios instead. And I'd like to see PAC take a break...he's lost the psychological edge now in any future fight (be it with JMM or Rios or Bradley), so there's a good chance he'll get knocked out again. For sake of his health I'd like him to break from boxing and consider retirement. The top-rank hype machine has been good for his pockets and it's been a good ride. Maybe now's the time to close the curtain.

Btw, I'm puzzled by those pointing to the score-cards as reason for a rematch. There were 6 more rounds left in the fight for JMM to pull ahead or even dominate. I can understand this argument for a fifth fight only if PAC was dominating or ahead (with a wider score) in say the 11th or 12th round and then the knockout occurred (As in the case of Martinez/Chavez Jr. With Junior knocking Sergio out instead of just a knockdown). Then one could say: "Oh man, PAC was winning the fight entire until the knockout." Or if it was a fluke shot, which this wasn't.

I think people are being over-zealous. And it could get PAC hurt. Because he'll be gun-shy now, not so much because he was knocked out, but because: 1a. The manner in which he was knocked out lends itself to the idea that it was only a matter of time, because that shot is the same shot that has hurt him in 3 previous fights, now perfected. 1b. He was knocked-out cold, which is always traumatic. 1c. He was knocked-out cold after having been so exalted for the past 4 years by media and fans. It would be hard for Manny to not have bought into his own mythology. Therefore it makes this kind of humbling, very devastating

+Quote Post
VJones
post Dec 9 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #14

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 9 2012, 09:15 PM) *
Honestly, there is no need for a rematch!! When Tarver KO'd Jones after their affairs who thought another fight was necessary after that devastating KO?? I didn't!!

At this point JMM will obliterate Manny again and every time after that if they were to go at it. Did Arguello need to define himself with Pryor after he was obliterated a second time? No! Some things in life are just better off being left alone, this is one of those things.

Agreed.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 10 2012, 09:48 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 9 2012, 05:58 PM) *
First off thank you for supplying scores for my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below)

I was able to get 146 Press and fan scores.

41 Press scores which a high percentage had Pacquiao ahead when stopped

Does the fact that Pac was ahead on most peoples scores, my stats had it 133-10-3 in favor of Pacquiao give him the right to demand a 5th fight??

JMM is a remarkable figter to comeback the way he did, at 39 he gained his best win of his career....i for 1 want to see a 5th fight. LOOK what i say at the end of my article, thats the reason i hope Pacquiao gets his chance

"Once and for all" - pacquiao-marquez 5

Hahaha. What a contradiction... Wouldn't it technically be 5th and for all?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 10 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 10 2012, 01:15 AM) *

Never said there was?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 10 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 9 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Perhaps it's because I had JMM winning fight 2 & 3 that I see no need for a fifth fight along with the fact that it doesn't get anymore definitive than a knockout....and dude was knocked-out cold by a well set-up punch, not some fluke or lucky shot...or it could be too that I've grown weary of the hype-job that Arum & Co. have turned Manny into (with lots of help from the media); taking a good and exciting fighter and creating this mythological unbeatable creature.

So I'm admittedly relieved that this nonsense is over and we can once again root for the real Manny Pacquiao -- a good and explosive but never complete fighter. I, frankly would like to see JMM vs Bradley or Rios instead. And I'd like to see PAC take a break...he's lost the psychological edge now in any future fight (be it with JMM or Rios or Bradley), so there's a good chance he'll get knocked out again. For sake of his health I'd like him to break from boxing and consider retirement. The top-rank hype machine has been good for his pockets and it's been a good ride. Maybe now's the time to close the curtain.

Btw, I'm puzzled by those pointing to the score-cards as reason for a rematch. There were 6 more rounds left in the fight for JMM to pull ahead or even dominate. I can understand this argument for a fifth fight only if PAC was dominating or ahead (with a wider score) in say the 11th or 12th round and then the knockout occurred (As in the case of Martinez/Chavez Jr. With Junior knocking Sergio out instead of just a knockdown). Then one could say: "Oh man, PAC was winning the fight entire until the knockout." Or if it was a fluke shot, which this wasn't.

I think people are being over-zealous. And it could get PAC hurt. Because he'll be gun-shy now, not so much because he was knocked out, but because: 1a. The manner in which he was knocked out lends itself to the idea that it was only a matter of time, because that shot is the same shot that has hurt him in 3 previous fights, now perfected. 1b. He was knocked-out cold, which is always traumatic. 1c. He was knocked-out cold after having been so exalted for the past 4 years by media and fans. It would be hard for Manny to not have bought into his own mythology. Therefore it makes this kind of humbling, very devastating

excellent post.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 10 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i had pac up before the ko.

interesting things i've noticed since the fight....

that ko came at the 1 second mark of the round. marquez stepped on his foot right before he ko'd him. none of that changes the beauty of the ko. it was set up well. i can't see it getting any better for pac. no need for a 5th bout. pac needs a long break and some very carefully selected return bouts if he's going to continue boxing. i hope he retires.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #19

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had it 47-47 all even, with an even first round. I wish they would allow 10-10 rounds around the world.

Jack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:45 AM