IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you agree with me?, The next fight should be Marquez vs Bradley!!
BrutUalBK
post Dec 9 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 9 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Heck, while we're on the topic why doesn't Broner fight Klitschko good fight imo.

Seriously now, Bradley doesn't hit hard enough to beat Manny(Decisively), Marquez or Broner and thats all there is to it, he lures people into a street fight because thats the only way he can win and all 3 of the fighters mentioned are too smart to let that happen.

According to the Judges he already did beat him decisively but regardless of that fact, I do agree with you that he'd have to make the fights into street fights in order to have any chance of winning.

If we don't get JMM vs Bradley then they should give us Bradley vs Broner.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VJones
post Dec 9 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #12

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Bradley/Marquez would be a good fight and should be the logical course of action but probably won't be. Timothy may not have a reputation for knock-outs...but he's undefeated against good competition...therefore he knows how to win. I'm not a fan of his style, but if two guys both beat the supposed top dog, then they should face each other to determine who is new top-dog. Period.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 9 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 9 2012, 03:00 PM) *
Not terribly interested in that fight. We will see a 5th fight, and THAT is what I want to see. The 5th fight brings it ALL to the table. Now we know that either fighter can knock the other out at any given moment. Combine that tension with all of the action they bring and you have the makings of an amazing fight. Then you have the whole "one of the greatest fighters of our generation trying to come back after the worst loss of his career against his biggest rival" angle. I am 100% sold on a 5th fight. 100%.

The only other fight I would be interested in is Broner vs JMM, just so we can see what AB really has. I think we know what Bradley is at this point, so a fight with Marquez doesn't really do much for me.

The Future For Juan and Manny.

I agree that a 5th fight is HUGE. Suppose Marquez's next opponent beats him and this was a lightning in a bottle situation with Manny getting KO'd in the 4th fight. If there isn't a 5th fight, maybe Juan should retire. Because how can he top what he did last night? What a way to go out! The next fight could be a downward spiral for both. Another KO loss for Manny, he's probably through. A tactical Marquez could lose to Bradley takes the shine off the Pacquaio-Marquez V. fight. There is also the age factor. It's almost like Pacquaio and Marquez were made to fight each other. Retirement on such a high note for Juan is probably better. Manny is going to want to avenge that loss. But can he mentally and psychologically recover from such a shocking KO loss?

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 9 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 9 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Because he is a viable opponent with the boxing pedigree/skills to be considered in the lottery for a fight with JMM or Bradley.

Anybody can have an excellent boxing pedigree/skill set against the guys that he's fought as of late. All he's fought is come forward guys...Ponce, Litzau (limited skills, easy to be hit), Perez, Escebedo, and DeMarco.

Sorry, but those names and skill sets dont equal "lottery". Let him get some dirt on his jersey before we start throwing him in there with top names...or guys who are making too much money to even pay him any type of attention.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 9 2012, 10:35 PM) *
The Future For Juan and Manny.

I agree that a 5th fight is HUGE.

As much as my side hurts for saying this, I agree. The only reason, is because of the way this one ended. Had it been a tactical fight that went the distance, then people would scoff at a 5th fight. I've seen sooo many pics of Pac taking taking a nap over the last 16 hrs, that my head is hurting. The spoof pictures and fight clips, are enough to market a 5th fight. I agree!

+Quote Post
hydroman
post Dec 9 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 13,267

Its amazing how many people thought the 4th fight was pointless, but here we are lobbying for a 5th fight. Pacquiao just isnt the the fighter he used to be. Got a gift decision last year, slept this year by a 40 year old guy. I dont recall a guy getting koed in that fashion coming back and performing at a very high level, especially at 34 years old. I think its time to move on, there are other exciting fights to b made

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 9 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (hydroman @ Dec 9 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Its amazing how many people thought the 4th fight was pointless, but here we are lobbying for a 5th fight. Pacquiao just isnt the the fighter he used to be. Got a gift decision last year, slept this year by a 40 year old guy. I dont recall a guy getting koed in that fashion coming back and performing at a very high level, especially at 34 years old. I think its time to move on, there are other exciting fights to b made

Pacquiao is 33 and Marquez is 39. Try again.

If you want to be taken seriously, then at least make sure the obvious facts are in order first.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 10 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

I'd rather see Marquez fight Rios and teach that (come forward, aggressive) kid a lesson, just like he taught Pac-Man a lesson last night. As far as Bradley goes, throw him in the ring with Guererro or Thurman. The winner should be Floyd's mandatory. On the other hand, Broner should mix it up with Ricky Burns and the winner could eye Marquez.

+Quote Post
hydroman
post Dec 10 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 13,267

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Pacquiao is 33 and Marquez is 39. Try again.

If you want to be taken seriously, then at least make sure the obvious facts are in order first.

Pacquiao turns 34 in 9 days. Marquez is damn near 40. Being anal about that doesn't change the fact we really don't need to see a 5th fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 10 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (hydroman @ Dec 10 2012, 12:29 AM) *
Pacquiao turns 34 in 9 days. Marquez is damn near 40. Being anal about that doesn't change the fact we really don't need to see a 5th fight.

I like your contribution to this board, such as it was. Don't be a screwball about it. Manny has 9 more days to be 33, so he's NOT 34 yet. Sorry about the way the 4th fight ended, but somebody somewhere will be craving for a 5th fight. People packed their bags and wanted no parts of the 3rd fight, and it still happened...which led to this 4th fight.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2012, 02:19 AM
Post #20

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 9 2012, 11:14 PM) *
I'd rather see Marquez fight Rios and teach that (come forward, aggressive) kid a lesson, just like he taught Pac-Man a lesson last night. As far as Bradley goes, throw him in the ring with Guererro or Thurman. The winner should be Floyd's mandatory. On the other hand, Broner should mix it up with Ricky Burns and the winner could eye Marquez.

As I understand it Gurrerro is Floyd's mandatory in the WBC.

Jack

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:27 PM