Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE BODY SHOT CONTRAST, HATTON and DLH
neophyte7
post Dec 10 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I looked at the body shot that folded HATTON AND LED HIM TO TALK OF QUITTING... good damned shot that paralyzed Hatton totally.. no one had a thing to say about him being able to continue.. etc.. yet BERNARD HOPKINS LANDED a similar punch that did the same thing to Delahoya and people were saying the FIGHT WAS FIXED? THE SHOT WAS NOT REAL ETC...

Watching Hatton fold from the shot he took just brought me back to HOPKINS DLH-- I KNOW SOME guys who still entertain the insanity that DLH and Hopkins had a fix in... LMAO-- like Hatton.. DLH took a well placed body shot that ended it.. good clean shot

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Dec 10 2012, 06:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 10 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 10 2012, 06:52 PM) *
I looked at the body shot that folded HATTON AND LED HIM TO TALK OF QUITTING... good damned shot that paralyzed Hatton totally.. no one had a thing to say about him being able to continue.. etc.. yet BERNARD HOPKINS LANDED a similar punch that did the same thing to Delahoya and people were saying the FIGHT WAS FIXED? THE SHOT WAS NOT REAL ETC...

Watching Hatton fold from the shot he took just brought me back to HOPKINS DLH-- I KNOW SOME guys who still entertain the insanity that DLH and Hopkins had a fix in... LMAO-- like Hatton.. DLH took a well placed body shot that ended it.. good clean shot

Great thread. Body shots are so underratted. That's why I give major props to guys like maidana who get up from shots like that. You could see in how much agony he was in as he barley beat the count, goes to show you what a good body shot can do, something the trainers at the gym always preach about (body work, and ab work).

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 10 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

liver shots are a serious thing that I take my hat off to any fighter than can get up from them, I've personally never been as much pain as that in my life.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 10 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

The only punch that i've been unable to recover in from in sparring was a shot right to the liver, they are no joke

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 10 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

body shots will make a grown man cry. true story.

with that being said...i don't doubt for a second that the shot dlh took was legit. i think what makes ppl speculate was him beating the canvas. in some ppls eyes...if he could do that...he could get up. the other thing that makes everyone speculate was the aftermath. bhop joined forces with oscar immediately afterwards. good shot or not...that looks suspect.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Dec 10 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2012, 07:00 PM) *
Great thread. Body shots are so underratted. That's why I give major props to guys like maidana who get up from shots like that. You could see in how much agony he was in as he barley beat the count, goes to show you what a good body shot can do, something the trainers at the gym always preach about (body work, and ab work).
Thanks. I mean.. seeing Hatton there paralyzed made me say damned..people were hard on Delahoya, but as you indicate, these are debilitating shots

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 10 2012, 08:17 PM) *
body shots will make a grown man cry. true story.

with that being said...i don't doubt for a second that the shot dlh took was legit. i think what makes ppl speculate was him beating the canvas. in some ppls eyes...if he could do that...he could get up. the other thing that makes everyone speculate was the aftermath. bhop joined forces with oscar immediately afterwards. good shot or not...that looks suspect.

classy business move in my view. Hopkins and DLH both I would assume have benefited from the union. Getting with Hopkins generated immediate buzz for Golden BoY promotions and Hopkins has been the benefactor of prequisites that he waited all his boxing life for.. and you know what..he earned it with that body shot being the first to KO DLH.. I am sure Hopkins would admit to his association with Oscar being an enhancement to his professional life... Hopkins actually adds a dimension of real to Goldenboy... a good business move in my view. Nothing at all in that bout was suspect, especially the body shot. I mean wathcing Hatton there crippled and unable to move immediately brought DLH to view.. same type of quick and precise body shot...

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 11 2012, 03:32 AM
Post #7

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

I will always remember Arturo Gatti taking that VICIOUS body shot from Ward in the "round of the century" of their first fight. You just can't fake that expression on your face after being hit with one of these.

De la Hoya vs. Hopkins was immediatly on my mind as well. But I am biased in that case, I have never liked Oscar..I keep telling my friends somethings fishy with his boxing character. But that's just my opinion. Don't want to take anything away from him.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 11 2012, 09:11 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

The Hopkins body shot vs De La Hoya was the best body shot I've ever seen. Better than the body shot Roy Jones gave to Virgil Hill. I remember watching it live and hearing the air come out of De La Hoya and him scream AHHHHHHHHHHH.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 10 2012, 08:17 PM) *
he other thing that makes everyone speculate was the aftermath. bhop joined forces with oscar immediately afterwards. good shot or not...that looks suspect.

Everybody that kicks Oscar's ass, seemed to have started business ventures with him afterwards...as history as proven. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 11 2012, 03:32 AM) *
I will always remember Arturo Gatti taking that VICIOUS body shot from Ward in the "round of the century" of their first fight. You just can't fake that expression on your face after being hit with one of these.

Jesus! Are you talking about round 9 in the 1st fight (I believe)? If so, I stood up and yelled at the TV, hoping that they stopped the fight, but the ref let him continue. It looked like Gatti's liver shifted to his pelvis and was trying to come through his urethra. Nasty body shot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 11 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #10

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Jesus! Are you talking about round 9 in the 1st fight (I believe)? If so, I stood up and yelled at the TV, hoping that they stopped the fight, but the ref let him continue. It looked like Gatti's liver shifted to his pelvis and was trying to come through his urethra. Nasty body shot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Of course I am talking about that one. There are two body shots, that I will never forget...Roy Jones vs Virgil Hill and Arturo Gatti vs Ward. During one you could hear the ribs cracking, during the second you see what is the difference between a man and a warrior ! Memorable...just memorable...To me, Ward's body work has never been matched...although he got to showcase it only in the lower echelons of boxing excellency (C,B- fighters) it just can't be compared. But that's for another thread...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:07 PM