Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE BODY SHOT CONTRAST, HATTON and DLH
flazi
post Dec 11 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #11

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

yeah ppl were on dlh for banging the canvas but liver shots don't paralyze your arms, they paralyze you from the liver down lol. i couldn't get up for 2 mins after one. i don't know how the hell gatti got up from his against ward that was some other worldly type shit. maidana too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 11 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Man, wow!! I'm glad to see that folks here seem to understand how a bodyshot affects the body and how real that shot was that BHop landed on DLH.

When my older brother was teaching how to box one day he showed me the importance of bodyshots, prior to his striking blow to my liver we had only worked on throwing to the shoulders in order to time the movement of the head but he slipped that shot on me to the liver and as I went to walk forward I was able to take one step and then collapsed.

It was a delayed reaction much like the shot DLH took and though I was capable of moving my upper body I could not get my lower body and legs to move at all, I was able to hit on the ground but I winced whenever I tried to get to my feet but I just couldn't recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjX-_JtV5Ss

And to think that some people said DLH was faking, yeah...alright then let me hit you with one you don't see coming to the Solar Plexus.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 11 2012, 02:36 PM) *
Of course I am talking about that one. There are two body shots, that I will never forget...Roy Jones vs Virgil Hill and Arturo Gatti vs Ward. During one you could hear the ribs cracking, during the second you see what is the difference between a man and a warrior ! Memorable...just memorable...To me, Ward's body work has never been matched...although he got to showcase it only in the lower echelons of boxing excellency (C,B- fighters) it just can't be compared. But that's for another thread...

Body shots are NO joke! I caught one in a street fight, and gladly, he wasn't sure if he wanted to hit me there or not. I believe he just wanted to hit something, because he couldn't hit me in the face at the time...and boy did he.

You know how street fights go, 2 or 3 punches get thrown, then cats wanna wrestle. I just remembered being pressed up against a car and all I could do is wiggle and make sure he didn't hit me in the face. I just played doppleganger and hit him in the body a couple of times when we resumed. That's the last time I'll fight while Im drunk/buzzed, unless I get the first hit. I got clinched and tip-toed up against that car the same way Guerrero forced Berto against the ropes. College memories (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You know no-fighting cats are...their homeboys are just waiting to jump in, so I had to move quick. I hate that shit! Anyhow, the last time I saw somebody get abused to the body in an impressive fashion, was when Golovkin fleeced Proska...or better yet, watching Vernon Paris shift Tim Coleman's liver last summer.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Dec 11 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

The great thing is that before the fight Hopkins joked how DLH had the "fatty" gene and that a liver shot was in order.. LMAO... Hopkins is one the best fighters ever.. no doubt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:55 PM