Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> James DeGale..., Is he overhyped
Kratza
post Dec 11 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

Dont know if many of you have seen DeGale but i really dont see anything special, i mean yeah he won a gold medal but Groves gave him more than he could handle and so handed him his first loss, i truly think its a matter of time before he gets exposed by a true super-middleweight, he's asking for a title shot next year but the title holders at 168 are way too big of an ask for him and i think he should just stay fighting his journeymen opponents and grovel to get a rematch with 'Ugly boy' as he says
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
checkleft
post Dec 13 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 12 2012, 06:56 AM) *
I don't think DeGale's lacking substance. He's only 15 fights into his career, so the current level of opposition is generally commensurate. Technically he's solid. My main critique is what cost him the Groves' match i.e. periodic lack of activity during the bout (I thought DeGale just eked that one out). He also needs to work on his finishing and a bit more movement.

As far as him saying that he can face Froch next year, or 2014, why not? Even if he loses, which is the more likely outcome, he's still young enough that he can learn from it. I wasn't surprised to read some of the negative responses to him mentioning Froch, but how else is a young, clearly talented, boxer supposed to find out his true capabilities?

So if he faces a top super mw next year, the odds are definitely against him, but if he wants to test himself, then nice one 'Chunky.'

I thought he won the groves fight to. But I don't think he's over hyped, good talent, nice style. He's got less then twenty fights and he can box. He has quite an ego tho which is what I think what turns people off from him (which is weird because Europeans usually eat that shit up and he isn't even really liked where he's from).

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 13 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 13 2012, 12:50 PM) *
I thought he won the groves fight to. But I don't think he's over hyped, good talent, nice style. He's got less then twenty fights and he can box. He has quite an ego tho which is what I think what turns people off from him (which is weird because Europeans usually eat that shit up and he isn't even really liked where he's from).

Yeah, the ego hasn't helped, but he's toned it down a lot.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 01:05 PM