Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> James DeGale..., Is he overhyped
Kratza
post Dec 11 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

Dont know if many of you have seen DeGale but i really dont see anything special, i mean yeah he won a gold medal but Groves gave him more than he could handle and so handed him his first loss, i truly think its a matter of time before he gets exposed by a true super-middleweight, he's asking for a title shot next year but the title holders at 168 are way too big of an ask for him and i think he should just stay fighting his journeymen opponents and grovel to get a rematch with 'Ugly boy' as he says
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Not even sure if I've ever seen DeGale fight before...maybe by accident (FNF or an international stream). Am I missing something here?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 13 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2012, 10:01 AM) *
Not even sure if I've ever seen DeGale fight before...maybe by accident (FNF or an international stream). Am I missing something here?

You've watched him before. On WealthTV about two months ago against that tough French guy with the long name - Hadillah Mohoumadi.

Re. the overhyped question, if he's overhyped then surely so is Groves. Comparable records and comparable opposition. I don't consider either guy undeserving of praise, they're just still growing as pros.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 13 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 13 2012, 09:29 AM) *
You've watched him before. On WealthTV about two months ago against that tough French guy with the long name - Hadillah Mohoumadi.

Re. the overhyped question, if he's overhyped then surely so is Groves. Comparable records and comparable opposition. I don't consider either guy undeserving of praise, they're just still growing as pros.

Yep, I did see him. Was that the same time that McCloskey got stopped by Corley?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 13 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2012, 09:59 AM) *
Yep, I did see him. Was that the same time that McCloskey got stopped by Corley?

I'm not sure if that was the same day as McCloskey/Corley.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 14 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 13 2012, 07:16 PM) *
I'm not sure if that was the same day as McCloskey/Corley.

Okay, nevermind. I read your column on UK blog on the front page. I remember his face now, and yes I saw him recently on Wealth TV. Now if I could only remember who Hadillah Mohoumadi fought recently. He didn't fight on May 5th, that was actually Marco Huck vs Ola Afolabi. It was killing me, I HAD to go back and see who that was.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:45 AM