IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo vs Mayweather almost finalized for Cinco de Mayo weekend?
Hotsauce
post Dec 14 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 14 2012, 05:22 PM) *
no. we're making this up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

lol im saying this could be premature
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Dec 14 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Canelo is the one, he might just take Floyd's 0. I'm going with youth, size, and power in this fight. All of that coupled with the fact that Canelo has a lot of confidence. FMW is in trouble!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 14 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 14 2012, 06:09 PM) *
lol im saying this could be premature

i think it is...

i can't see floyd coming back to fight canelo in may. i think it's more likely that he'll face guerrero then canelo in september should everything go according to plan.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 14 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 14 2012, 06:28 PM) *
Canelo is the one, he might just take Floyd's 0. I'm going with youth, size, and power in this fight. All of that coupled with the fact that Canelo has a lot of confidence. FMW is in trouble!

Canelo is a solid fighter. But what did he do to earn a fight against Floyd? Nothing imo. Ortiz had the youth, size and power too...and he is a southpole..and look how Floyd tagged the shit outta him. Everyone keeps talking about Floyd being slower and using less footwork..personally I don't see any dramatical changes.

Anyway...Canelo is not ready. Not yet.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 14 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 14 2012, 11:30 AM) *
According to Canelo's facebook page

Fuck him!

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Dec 14 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #26

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

i think floyd win easy over canelo. only think that can change my mind is if he goes against austin trout. that fight will show me weather hes ready for floyd or not.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Dec 14 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #27

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Marquez showed how even at 39 that age isn't a factor if you prepare properly. I see Mayweather has been working out, and he seems to have gotten bigger, so maybe he isnt as small compared to canelo as before, and Mayweathers punches are so crispy. When people fight him its like they are fighting a CPU on very hard in a video game, if he actually got alil bit more power for 1 punch KO?!?! He may have just gotten that much better.

I didnt think before and he would be moving up to fight Canelo and Martinez, those are the 2 most dangerous and marketable opponents that he would actually get alot of credit for beating. But if he has gotten bigger I dont see why he wouldnt. Pacquiao im sure would get beat by Mayweather now so not as dangerous but still obviously very marketable. The rest of Floyd's fights should be for his legacy first and money second. But if he has gotten bigger, and better, then he might just be unstoppable.

Mayweather would pick apart canelo easily. Slowly but surely. Canelo is pretty strong and is getting better but he will get hit too much, and when he gets aggressive and misses he will get hit some more. His jab isn't as good as Cotto's and he isnt southpaw, he may try to push Mayweather on the ropes, but Mayweather should gonna be circling him all night . Mayweather has good defense when he is on the ropes, so when he is on the ropes and canelo opens up, he will eat that right hand. Mayweathers right hand probably wouldn't look better than on this fight. UD or TKO for mayweather

Martinez and Mayweather, dammmm mirror match. Martinez is taller. I think what mayweather should do for this match that would F with Martinez badley is go in south paw too. Throw martinez off and by the time he is given to adjust, Mayweather decimates in probably 6 to 8 rounds. Martinez has ok guard, he mostly goes off reflexes, mayweather better keep that guard high and his right hook solid. It would be Genius.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao..haaha Easy TKO, mayweather hits him with a few right hands. Pacquiao gets aggressive, Pacquiao gets caught multiple times. it depends how long pacquiao can take it for.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Dec 14 2012, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
Genius
post Dec 14 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #28

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

If the fight happens, I'm laying money down on Canelo. He wins by controversial decision...all he has to do is make it competitive.

+Quote Post
promo
post Dec 15 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #29

Amateur

Member No.: 13,798

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 14 2012, 06:22 PM) *
no. we're making this up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think Canelo is more than a solid fighter he definitely is a dangerous opponent. He hits hard and does damage when he releases his hands. I think Floyd did good and this time he's fighting young talent. Not the easiest fight for floyd but the best fight for canelo. I like both fighters but I think canelo can take this fight if he fights smart. Weather is a difficult opponent and this will be a good fight.

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Dec 15 2012, 08:33 AM
Post #30

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 15 2012, 07:52 AM) *
Canelo is a solid fighter. But what did he do to earn a fight against Floyd? Nothing imo. Ortiz had the youth, size and power too...and he is a southpole..and look how Floyd tagged the shit outta him. Everyone keeps talking about Floyd being slower and using less footwork..personally I don't see any dramatical changes.

Anyway...Canelo is not ready. Not yet.

My thoughts exactly. Experience beats Youth.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 02:54 AM