Reply to this topicStart new topic
> quillen vs guerrero, who u taking?
daprofessor
post Dec 18 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

this is going to be an interesting match up.

guerrero has been training with virgil hunter. i thought he was pretty solid before he loss to dude from the contender. this is a big opportunity for him to get back in the conversation. i think quillen has improved but still has a ways to go.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 18 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Robert guerrero?? Who is he fighting? I hope you don't mean peter quillin..?

This post has been edited by checkleft: Dec 18 2012, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Dec 18 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 4,046

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 18 2012, 01:41 PM) *
Robert guerrero?? Who is he fighting? I hope you don't mean peter quillin..?

He means Fernando Guerrero.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 18 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I like Fernando Guerrero, though he got put on his shit by Grady Brewer...I remember that on FNFs a while back. Guerrero's a great boxer/puncher and I'm sure his angles will give Quillin trouble. Picture N'Dam, but a lot quicker...that's Guerrero in a nutshell.

Pete can't go in there looking for the knockout, or looking to be the bully...it wont be that easy. If N'Dam gave him trouble in a few rounds with volume punches and taking the initiative, then Guerrero will only be a stronger test.

This is one of those pick 'em fights that had me a bit silent when read that it was actually made. That silence is usually coupled by a devastating "oh shit" scrolling through my head...somebody's gotta lose.

Im giving this one to Guerrero on the strength of boxing, circling, and staying outta harm's way. He may engage Quillin from time to time, but too much of it, will give him those Grady Brewer nightmares again.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 18 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2012, 08:44 PM) *
I like Fernando Guerrero, though he got put on his shit by Grady Brewer...I remember that on FNFs a while back. Guerrero's a great boxer/puncher and I'm sure his angles will give Quillin trouble. Picture N'Dam, but a lot quicker...that's Guerrero in a nutshell.

Pete can't go in there looking for the knockout, or looking to be the bully...it wont be that easy. If N'Dam gave him trouble in a few rounds with volume punches and taking the initiative, then Guerrero will only be a stronger test.

This is one of those pick 'em fights that had me a bit silent when read that it was actually made. That silence is usually coupled by a devastating "oh shit" scrolling through my head...somebody's gotta lose.

Im giving this one to Guerrero on the strength of boxing, circling, and staying outta harm's way. He may engage Quillin from time to time, but too much of it, will give him those Grady Brewer nightmares again.

good assessment. i agree, for now.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 18 2012, 11:23 PM) *
good assessment. i agree, for now.

I was actually waiting on your assessment. Mine was somewhat of a shot in the dark. I haven't seen Guerrero fight since the Brewer fight, and I saw N'Dam getting the best of Pete in a few rounds, he just wasn't slick enough. Slick he was, but not slick enough...he seemed too amped up for some reason.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 19 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I had hopes for Guerrero but they've diminished. I think Quillin wins by KO. I'e seen Guerrero get into trouble by lesser competition too many times.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Dec 19 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

pick em fight. quillin is stronger but bit too out of control for me which is weird cause he is awesome at catching ppl who are out of control and aggressive. had n'dam stayed on his feet, he would have won which is troubling cause it means quillin can be outboxed. guerrero is patient enough to outbox him but can he stay on his feet the whole fight? i gotta go with guerrero sd. this pick is subject to change though lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

both guys have their flaws. i think quillen can be outboxed. guerrero is a pretty good boxer when he wants to be and i can only imagine that he has improved since he's been working with virgil. quillen definitely has the power advantage. it will be interesting.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 19 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

As long as Quillen doesn't get gassed like in the N'dam fight, i got Quillen winning UD

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:41 AM