Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Chavez? What Happened?
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What ever happened to this matchup? Wasn't Julio taking big shots at Canelo about a year ago? I thought Canelo was game for this fight, regardless of the promotional situation.

Given what you've seen from Canelo and Chavez over the past year....how would you see this one going?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2012, 04:08 PM) *
What ever happened to this matchup? Wasn't Julio taking big shots at Canelo about a year ago? I thought Canelo was game for this fight, regardless of the promotional situation.

Given what you've seen from Canelo and Chavez over the past year....how would you see this one going?

canelo is a small jr middle and chavez is more like a super middle....it won't happen. if it did...i'll take jr. over the ginger.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 19 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

Martinez is one inch taller than Canelo and we saw how Martinez dealt with Chavez. Although Canelo might not have the skill-set that Martinez possesses i still think he beats Chavez with some ease.
Chavez is 1-dimensional at best

This post has been edited by Kratza: Dec 19 2012, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Dec 19 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 4,046

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 19 2012, 01:43 PM) *
Martinez is an inch taller than Chavez and we all saw what happened. Although Canelo might not have the skill-set that Martinez possesses i still think he beats Chavez with some ease.

Martinez is two inches shorter than Chavez. Canelo still gets hit too much. I just think Chavez is too big for him. Would like to see the fight though.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 19 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Dec 19 2012, 10:35 PM) *
Martinez is two inches shorter than Chavez. Canelo still gets hit too much. I just think Chavez is too big for him. Would like to see the fight though.

My bad, i meant Martinez is one inch taller than Canelo and we saw how Martinez dealt with Chavez and yeah the size advantage could be too much but i'm not sure and yes it would be a pretty good scrap

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 19 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

BIG fight for Mexico. Perfect fight. Two young Champs. Chavez is way bigger than Canelo and he's much stronger. Canelo has better boxing skills but that wont mean anything when Chavez would probably cut off the ring, come forward, and trade with him like he did with Lee. Canelo's chin i dont know about, but when the pressure is on him he gets tagged (the Cintron fight). I dont see Chavez having respect for Canelo's punching power. Chavez would probably win by late round TKO.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 19 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Martinez is one inch taller than Canelo and we saw how Martinez dealt with Chavez. Although Canelo might not have the skill-set that Martinez possesses i still think he beats Chavez with some ease.

having stood next to both...there's no way in hell canelo is 1 inch shorter than martinez. he's closer to mosley's height.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Just seeing how Canelo rehydrates to about 167, that's no different from Sergio's rehydration weight at MW. Canelo's a big Jr. MW and and Sergio's a small MW, so the size advantage will ALWAYS be in Julio's favor.

I'm not even sure how long Julio stays at MW, but I had to bring up this because of the beef last year. I guess that the idea of this fight just subsided after a while.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 19 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

These Promoters are gonna sit on this fight until both are at there peaks to sell it as the biggest Mexican Fight of All Time. Right now, there's nothing much for either guy to say to one another now since Julio is on the path of redemption and Canelo's still out to prove himself, so for the more success these 2 have the more they'll be taking shots at each other until both there resume's can even build the Hype to being the Greatest fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2012, 09:19 PM) *
These Promoters are gonna sit on this fight until both are at there peaks to sell it as the biggest Mexican Fight of All Time. Right now, there's nothing much for either guy to say to one another now since Julio is on the path of redemption and Canelo's still out to prove himself, so for the more success these 2 have the more they'll be taking shots at each other until both there resume's can even build the Hype to being the Greatest fight.

Then we'll end up with another Pacquiao/Mayweather situation if these guys get any bigger.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:27 AM