Reply to this topicStart new topic
> U Gotta luv 50, he's trying
Gambit808
post Dec 19 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

So 50 cent thinks Boxing should adapt the theatrics of say the WWE to help sell events. I'm trying to see the big picture here as a fan of both sport (except the PG Era of WWE) but I.. I.. I.. boxing is fine the way it is. Maybe guys can use a bit of character to help sell there selves to the public, maybe stage performances can be given in between or during ring walks, maybe, but we don't need anything more extra than that.

Your Thoughts

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 19 2012, 09:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 19 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2012, 08:55 PM) *
So 50 cent thinks Boxing should adapt the theatrics of say the WWE to help sell events. I'm trying to see the big picture here as a fan of both sport (except the PG Era of WWE) but I.. I.. I.. boxing is fine the way it is. Maybe guys can use a bit of character to help sell there selves to the public, maybe stage performances can be given in between or during ring walks, maybe, but we don't need anything more extra than that.

Your Thoughts

I pretty much agree. Unlike wrestling boxing is the real deal. 50 wants to reenact the Mayweather-Marquez Post fight interview that Mosley interrupt for every fight LOL That would never happen. Not with emotional Guys like Carl Frotch, Jean Pascal, and Zab Judah still in the sport LMAO. I can already see riots happening in the ring, joe cortez getting slammed with a folding chair. Jim Grey getting decked in the face. Zab Judah's dad trying to fight Angel. lol it wont work for boxing!

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 19 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 19 2012, 09:20 PM) *
I pretty much agree. Unlike wrestling boxing is the real deal. 50 wants to reenact the Mayweather-Marquez Post fight interview that Mosley interrupt for every fight LOL That would never happen. Not with emotional Guys like Carl Frotch, Jean Pascal, and Zab Judah still in the sport LMAO. I can already see riots happening in the ring, joe cortez getting slammed with a folding chair. Jim Grey getting decked in the face. Zab Judah's dad trying to fight Angel. lol it wont work for boxing!

LMAO

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Lmao at Marcus's post! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like 50's idea a bit, and if you think about it, some fighters are doing it now. Guys like Pascal usually have a rap concert going on before he steps in the ring. On another note, boxing is REAL, and some guys dont really have that confidence before the first bell, so most of them would refrain from the theatrics on their way to the ring.

In wrestling, the fights results are already determined, so it shouldn't be hard to come to the ring with all of the bells and whistles.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 19 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Remember when the WWE tried to convert to boxing, it was called "The Brawl 4 All". Butterbean shut that shit down quick LOL. Look it up, maybe thats where 50 got this idea from.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 20 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2012, 09:55 PM) *

Your Thoughts

It's not the worst of ideas, but to advertise that is what his plan is was a mistake because now people will know its fake. He shoulda just went with it without stating thats what he was gonna do.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 20 2012, 06:23 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

you cant fake bad blood, and bad blood is what all this about, the whole fights, interruptions, etc etc. I mean David Haye vs Chisora sparked up some nice controversy, whether you agree with what they did or not

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Dec 20 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

I think we boxers are just to nice in this era..

Smiling and laughing after you just got knocked out,..tapping gloves after every other round,.. whispering sweet nothings during the stare at press conferences...

I can go on but what the sport needs is more bad guy personalities. Someone for the people to hate and be made to respect. Im kinda liking Keith Therman,.. rough around the edges, smart, decent pop,.. and calls everyone out..

WWE has the perfect combination of Good vs. Bad. And thats what boxing needs..

Tell me folkes, if Floyed and Canelo take place who would be looked at as the good guy? Even though he hasnt proved half of what FLoyed has in the sport?

Or better yet, if kirkland would have kept himself in line and remained knocking guys out left and right, he coulda been the throwback tyson type guy.. who wouldnt buy a Trout Kirkland match? Or Canelo? Idk..

So yea, in a way i kinda agree wit 50

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Dec 20 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

I like boxing as it is. The entrance concert is great as it is. No need for more than that.
Speaking of entrance concert, does anyone know the title of the song 50 Cent sang during Gamboa’s entrance to the ring in the Pacquiao-Marquez IV undercard?? It was cool as hell.
I like boxers suiting up all bling-bling with diamonds and gold outside the ring. It adds to the grandeur and the image of wealth in this sport. But other than that there’s no need to make boxers look like WWE clowns in fights.

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Dec 20 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #10

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

Forget it I searched the title of the song on the net.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:32 PM