Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> U Gotta luv 50, he's trying
Gambit808
post Dec 19 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

So 50 cent thinks Boxing should adapt the theatrics of say the WWE to help sell events. I'm trying to see the big picture here as a fan of both sport (except the PG Era of WWE) but I.. I.. I.. boxing is fine the way it is. Maybe guys can use a bit of character to help sell there selves to the public, maybe stage performances can be given in between or during ring walks, maybe, but we don't need anything more extra than that.

Your Thoughts

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 19 2012, 09:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Dec 20 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

The only thing that will push this idea to it's greatest potential, is highlight reels/promo videos.

Promos like this, get casual fans excited about an upcoming fight.

I agree that the new generation of fighters lack personality, either that, or they lack the confidence to talk the shit that they REALLY want to talk about their opponents. Seriously though, we have the spin doctors (HBO nuthuggers) and those mindless pundits that Cheesey talked about...how hard would it be to build a good guy and bad guy?

Not hard at all, I can imagine. Again, network crews need to take more time with these highlight reels and make better promo videos. Not only that, but it needs to be on more networks than the one that the fight will be aired on.

I swear I almost hit the "buy" button when I see those WWE promos for their PPVs. Anybody remember the old days of wrestling when you had Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Kane, Mankind, and many others? Those were classic promos and I SWEAR I almost want to google those events after I see the promos.

Boxing is falling under the radar for unnecessary reasons. If guys like Gorilla Productions (You Tube sensations) can out together epic promos for free, then why in the fuck can't these network employees do it? That goes back to networks needing to hire people with a pulse, and not those "I'm just waiting for my retirement pension" douche bags who put this garbage out there for viewers to see.

No matter how over the top a promo can be, fact is, these guys still have to get in there and punch the shit out of each other. Im ready to see real fighters in the ring, not these poo-butt ass fighters who are afraid to fight real competition, because their chances of landing a big fight could possibly be jeopardized. Fuck that, fight whoever and beat their asses...the respect will come. Instead, we have guys going the Al Haymon route.

We have guys like Broner who comes to pressers in shades, gaudy jewelry, and shades and shit, but he's facing overmatched guys like Escebedo, Perez, and so on. That's just another classic example of some of these guys acting like they've already made it, and they haven't even faced anybody. Then they get fleeced by an lesser fighter, and start the retirement talks.

Boxing is all out of order...

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 20 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 20 2012, 10:34 AM) *
The only thing that will push this idea to it's greatest potential, is highlight reels/promo videos.

Promos like this, get casual fans excited about an upcoming fight.

I agree that the new generation of fighters lack personality, either that, or they lack the confidence to talk the shit that they REALLY want to talk about their opponents. Seriously though, we have the spin doctors (HBO nuthuggers) and those mindless pundits that Cheesey talked about...how hard would it be to build a good guy and bad guy?

Not hard at all, I can imagine. Again, network crews need to take more time with these highlight reels and make better promo videos. Not only that, but it needs to be on more networks than the one that the fight will be aired on.

I swear I almost hit the "buy" button when I see those WWE promos for their PPVs. Anybody remember the old days of wrestling when you had Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Kane, Mankind, and many others? Those were classic promos and I SWEAR I almost want to google those events after I see the promos.

Boxing is falling under the radar for unnecessary reasons. If guys like Gorilla Productions (You Tube sensations) can out together epic promos for free, then why in the fuck can't these network employees do it? That goes back to networks needing to hire people with a pulse, and not those "I'm just waiting for my retirement pension" douche bags who put this garbage out there for viewers to see.

No matter how over the top a promo can be, fact is, these guys still have to get in there and punch the shit out of each other. Im ready to see real fighters in the ring, not these poo-butt ass fighters who are afraid to fight real competition, because their chances of landing a big fight could possibly be jeopardized. Fuck that, fight whoever and beat their asses...the respect will come. Instead, we have guys going the Al Haymon route.

We have guys like Broner who comes to pressers in shades, gaudy jewelry, and shades and shit, but he's facing overmatched guys like Escebedo, Perez, and so on. That's just another classic example of some of these guys acting like they've already made it, and they haven't even faced anybody. Then they get fleeced by an lesser fighter, and start the retirement talks.

Boxing is all out of order...

I agree and the fact that world titles dont have the same essence and value that they used to have i think affect fighters and how bad their "bad intentions" truly are going into the fight. When you have a silver belt, diamond belt, regular champ, champ in emeritus, super champ, latino champ, or when youre 0-3-1 and cans still get a title shot i think these fights lose their intensity. Boxers dont pride themselves or want it as bad as they used to. Thats why i respect Martinez so much. Guuys like Ward and Martinez.. their attitude, bad intentions going into the fight.. even though they dont trash talk you can feel the passion. That essence of wanting to be a champion..

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Gambit808   U Gotta luv 50   Dec 19 2012, 08:55 PM
- - Marcus   QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2012, 08:55 PM)...   Dec 19 2012, 09:20 PM
|- - Gambit808   QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 19 2012, 09:20 PM) I ...   Dec 19 2012, 09:22 PM
- - Cshel86   Lmao at Marcus's post! I like 50's i...   Dec 19 2012, 09:26 PM
- - Gambit808   Remember when the WWE tried to convert to boxing, ...   Dec 19 2012, 09:33 PM
- - xxxxxx   QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2012, 09:55 PM)...   Dec 20 2012, 01:22 AM
- - mgrover   you cant fake bad blood, and bad blood is what all...   Dec 20 2012, 06:23 AM
- - BoxingStill#1   I think we boxers are just to nice in this era.. ...   Dec 20 2012, 08:13 AM
|- - Marcus   QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 20 2012, 08:13...   Dec 20 2012, 05:48 PM
- - CrazyBuffalO   I like boxing as it is. The entrance concert is gr...   Dec 20 2012, 08:39 AM
- - CrazyBuffalO   Forget it I searched the title of the song on the ...   Dec 20 2012, 08:43 AM
- - Cshel86   The only thing that will push this idea to it...   Dec 20 2012, 10:34 AM
|- - Marcus   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 20 2012, 10:34 AM) T...   Dec 20 2012, 05:54 PM
- - BoxingThrone   I don't think the WWE experience would work we...   Dec 20 2012, 12:17 PM
- - Kratza   Im against it, boxing is fine the way it is, some ...   Dec 20 2012, 06:10 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 20 2012, 07:10 PM) Im...   Dec 20 2012, 06:28 PM
|- - Hotsauce   QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 20 2012, 06:10 PM) Im...   Dec 20 2012, 09:48 PM
- - checkleft   As the motto goes, "you don't play boxing...   Dec 20 2012, 07:46 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 20 2012, 08:46 PM)...   Dec 20 2012, 08:49 PM
- - BigFightFan   They can add all the ring walks and theatrics they...   Dec 20 2012, 09:41 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 20 2012, 05:54 PM) I ...   Dec 20 2012, 11:20 PM
- - Dolimite   Curtis is an interesting figure all around. After ...   Dec 22 2012, 10:14 AM
- - BrutUalBK   QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2012, 07:55 PM)...   Dec 22 2012, 11:46 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:27 AM