> U Gotta luv 50, he's trying
Cshel86
post Dec 20 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 20 2012, 05:54 PM) *
I agree and the fact that world titles dont have the same essence and value that they used to have i think affect fighters and how bad their "bad intentions" truly are going into the fight. When you have a silver belt, diamond belt, regular champ, champ in emeritus, super champ, latino champ, or when youre 0-3-1 and cans still get a title shot i think these fights lose their intensity. Boxers dont pride themselves or want it as bad as they used to. Thats why i respect Martinez so much. Guuys like Ward and Martinez.. their attitude, bad intentions going into the fight.. even though they dont trash talk you can feel the passion. That essence of wanting to be a champion..

Yeah, world titles have lost their true meaning nowadays. What do you feel could be done differently to get these guys' names out there? Promo videos is a HUGE start, in my opinion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 22 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #22

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Curtis is an interesting figure all around. After Gamboa's return to the ring it was 50 doing most of the talking, which I didn't understand. Usually the promoter says a few lines and then let's the boxer do most of the talking. He even came from the roof as Gamboa's introduction. Now Gamboa may think this will boost his name in the spot light or maybe not, I just know if I am the one getting my faced punched in then I should be doing the talking. If Fifty is putting all his eggs in one basket in Yurkois that is a mistake. This dude is calling out The Problem already! If that fight happens just put an L in the column. The what would Fifty do? Fifty is racing up to the top and he stepped on a few hands to get there. He gave Golden Boy the finger because he thought Mayweather was on board with his promotional venture then when May wasn't leaving Al Haymon he turned on May and then he ran to Arum and started a twitter battle. The problem is people are talking about Fifty and not his fighters. I just want Mayweather to say "If you don't want a promoter all up in your interview, come to TMT promotions." Good luck to Fifty and his fighter because Gamboa is really the only guy he has.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 22 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2012, 07:55 PM) *
So 50 cent thinks Boxing should adapt the theatrics of say the WWE to help sell events. I'm trying to see the big picture here as a fan of both sport (except the PG Era of WWE) but I.. I.. I.. boxing is fine the way it is. Maybe guys can use a bit of character to help sell there selves to the public, maybe stage performances can be given in between or during ring walks, maybe, but we don't need anything more extra than that.

Your Thoughts

That performance by 50 was straight garbage, all he did was descend out of the air into the ring and started with his wack rap, he'd have to do better than that to get boxing the fanfare that the fake WWE/WWF brings.

I can't stand 50, he is a jack-ass fool with money still trying to front some street cred that he'll never have.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:10 PM