IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garcia/Salido tripleheader, Jan. 19th...anybody excited?
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This is a Showtime-type card...lucky for HBO.

Garcia/Salido, Golovkin/Rosado, and R. Martinez/Burgos.

What more could you ask for?

Thoughts? Predictions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 20 2012, 06:22 AM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I'm being a homer, but I have to pick my boy Salido. I just love watching him fight. Even though he's been guilty of PED abuse in the past, I would like to think he's put that stuff behind him. Mikey Garcia might get a close decision if it goes to the cards, but I'm hoping for a stoppage win for Salido.

Dude, the Golovkin - Rosado match is a true super-fight in my opinion. Golovkin has a perfect record and represents a country that is absolutely crazy about boxing. Rosado is a physical freak (78 inch reach, WTF !!!) and has been on a tear for 2 years now. I really can't call the fight, but my gut tells me that Rosado wins it for some reason.

Also, Rosado is from Philly, and I have to rep my Philly peeps. Yeah, hoping for a Rosado victory all the way.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Dec 20 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

garcia rubs me the worng way for some reason. going for salido. ggg wins by tko.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 20 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

salido is a beast and is definitely going to test the young man. garcia has looked impressive against his opposition but none have been on the level of salido.

i get the feeling golovkin is going to destroy rosado. the kid should have stood the course with his promoter. instead he's rolling the dice with super star talent. i'm thinking golovkin by ktfo.

martinez...the kid from texas? not sure i've seen burgos. time to do some homework.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 20 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think Garcia might be too much for salido but ill be rooting for salido, that boy has no quit in him!

Never seen rosado. But I hope he's legit, golovkin is starting to sound like some sort of mythical character by everyone "feared by many, seen by few". Everybody swears he's an animal but the motherfucker never fights anyone lol.

A lot of good fights in Jan no? Doesn't sergio Martinez fight too?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 20 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 20 2012, 08:53 PM) *
I think Garcia might be too much for salido but ill be rooting for salido, that boy has no quit in him!

Never seen rosado. But I hope he's legit, golovkin is starting to sound like some sort of mythical character by everyone "feared by many, seen by few". Everybody swears he's an animal but the motherfucker never fights anyone lol.

A lot of good fights in Jan no? Doesn't sergio Martinez fight too?

i've known about him since before the '04 olympics. youtube him. he's legit. his ko of bute was ridiculous. he's got wins over dirrell and korobov. he's the real deal.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 20 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 20 2012, 06:22 AM) *
Rosado is a physical freak (78 inch reach, WTF !!!) and has been on a tear for 2 years now.

Let's just pray he uses it. Usually the underdog who has the advantage, always fails to use it when the tough gets going.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 21 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Yup definitely a nice card. For the main event I agree that Golovkin might (will?) seriously beat up Rosado. Obviously I might be wrong, but that's what I'm sticking with.
Picking Garcia over Salido, even though Salido's apparently been handing out KOs like they were early Christmas presents.
Rocky Martinez/ Juan Carlos Burgos - I know I've seen them both before but can't place faces to names. Therefore I have no idea how it will end up.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 21 2012, 07:24 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

OH YEAHHHHHHH thats all

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 21 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 20 2012, 09:37 PM) *
i've known about him since before the '04 olympics. youtube him. he's legit. his ko of bute was ridiculous. he's got wins over dirrell and korobov. he's the real deal.

I've seen his Olympic stuff. But i wanna see it translate to the pros, it doesn't always work out. It seems like him and his camp train and talk more than they actually fight.

That kd was nasty tho, I thought Bute was doing well and them bam, stoppage.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:12 AM