> Oscar De La Hoya's Legacy
Cshel86
post Dec 24 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 22 2012, 10:02 PM) *
The worse fans in this planet are the Eagles. Falcon fans actually think they are going to the Superbowl this is a boxing site so I will keep on topic. The liver shot was painful to watch and reminded of what happen to Hatton in his comeback fight. It just was awful to look at. The look on Oscar's face was classic! Yeah I was looking at your sig. I mean hey if Manny can jump a million weight classes I am sure The Filipino Flab (guy is flabby on all sides) Doniare can too. The guy has no muscle at all. He looks flabby in all his fights I hope Mares knocks his head off.

Philly fans are the worse, period. Lol

I hated it for Ricky too, but you cant say that he wasn't open for it all night. Oscar's delayed reaction to the body shot, made it seem fixed, but seeing it from another angle, told the story.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 24 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

always the brides maid...never the bride.

he lost his biggest fights and won a bunch controversially. i thought he lost to john john molina, whitaker, sturm and quartey could have gone either way.

his biggest wins were chavez(past it), camacho(past it), campas(past it) and vargas(past it)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 24 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #13

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 24 2012, 06:16 PM) *
always the brides maid...never the bride.

he lost his biggest fights and won a bunch controversially. i thought he lost to john john molina, whitaker, sturm and quartey could have gone either way.

his biggest wins were chavez(past it), camacho(past it), campas(past it) and vargas(past it)

That is a great analogy! Never the bride, never was is absolutely right. The Sweet Pea fight till this day pisses me off and I still say he lost to Ike.

@CShel86 Arum accused Oscar of taking a dive that fight but if you saw the way his entire body shifted when that punch hit...NASTY! it was like his nerves had to catch up to the pain. The dude was crying. Ricky took a hellva shot and I am glad he stayed down he tried to get up but there was no way he was getting up. No way.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Dec 24 2012, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 25 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 24 2012, 10:48 PM) *
That is a great analogy! Never the bride, never was is absolutely right. The Sweet Pea fight till this day pisses me off and I still say he lost to Ike.

@CShel86 Arum accused Oscar of taking a dive that fight but if you saw the way his entire body shifted when that punch hit...NASTY! it was like his nerves had to catch up to the pain. The dude was crying. Ricky took a hellva shot and I am glad he stayed down he tried to get up but there was no way he was getting up. No way.

thanks man! btw...cool screen name!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 25 2012, 02:12 AM
Post #15

Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 24 2012, 11:08 PM) *
thanks man! btw...cool screen name!

If I could get the soundtracks on vinyl to Dolemite ( I spell mine with an "i" because there is only one Dolemite) I would be "that guy." Do you box or train. Just by your writing you seem to have in dept knowledge of the sport.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 25 2012, 04:47 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 25 2012, 03:12 AM) *
If I could get the soundtracks on vinyl to Dolemite ( I spell mine with an "i" because there is only one Dolemite) I would be "that guy." Do you box or train. Just by your writing you seem to have in dept knowledge of the sport.

used to box...now a trainer. dolemite is the shit! i'm sure u can find the vinyls...here u go...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 25 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #17

Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 25 2012, 01:47 AM) *
used to box...now a trainer. dolemite is the shit! i'm sure u can find the vinyls...here u go...

Thanks Professor! Good look. If Oscar was in his prime do you think he would school Canelo? I think he would murder Canelo with his jab. I think Canelo has an average ring IQ. he is more flash than substance. He reminds me of Jason Williams aka white chocolate when he was playing, great in certain instances but overall he is okay that is how I feel about Canelo.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 25 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 24 2012, 10:48 PM) *

I cant even speak on what Arum says nowadays, let alone, back then. I believe he and Oscar were in the middle of parting ways. Everyone keeps saying that Oscar left TR around 2002, but he was still dealing with Arum around 2005. I have to go back and check it out though.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 25 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #19

Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 25 2012, 04:15 PM) *
I cant even speak on what Arum says nowadays, let alone, back then. I believe he and Oscar were in the middle of parting ways. Everyone keeps saying that Oscar left TR around 2002, but he was still dealing with Arum around 2005. I have to go back and check it out though.

Arum made this big deal about Oscar taking a dive in the fight it was pathetic really. That shot hurt me. No one would take that punishment Oscar had to go up in weight and fight a very skilled fighter. You know what is sad, that Golden Boy and TR can't just squash whatever issues they have and make great fights. Rios and Guerrero would be a hell of a fight! But since they are on different sides it will never happen. \

Back to Oscar, he fought everyone but lost the big fights which is why I do not consider him great, a good fighter but not great. Back to your sig: I wouldn't be surprised if that fight actually happens when Doniare gets to 130 or 135 lol!

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 26 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 22 2012, 01:04 PM) *
Great thread!

I would rate the Sturm "victory" over the Quartey victory. The Quartey fight was very close.

As for his career...his fan base was his biggest asset. Dude could fight just about anybody and do some decent numbers. Not all fighters have that luxury. I just didn't like his lack of confidence from time to time, but he fought just about everybody that was put in front of him.

Am I in the minority here?

Actually he lost the Sturm fight IMO and I thought he lost the Quartey fight as well but as stated he did fight everyone though. He was another fighter would did great with fighters who just came straight forward like Mayorga and JLC Sr.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:52 AM