IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JMM vs Mayweather 2, How well would Marquez fair now against him?
BrutUalBK
post Dec 22 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

I know everyone saw the first fight and has already made up in their minds that JMM wouldn't stand much of a chance but you have to consider all of these factors before rushing to judgment based on their previous bout:

1. Floyd moved around using his legs throughout most of the fight and is now older and tends to stay in the pocket and take more punches as a result of it.

2. Floyd is older, yeah, I know so is Marquez but inactivity by Mayweather could affect his timing and it appears to me that he is missing a lot of punches that he used to land with ease before he started taking longer breaks in between fights since getting older, plus with JMM's effective counterpunching, increased speed and power it probably wouldn't take as much to at least knock Floyd down.

3. JMM has trained correctly and it showed in his last fight and he will not be grossly outweighed like he was in their first bout.

4. I think JMM has proven now that he has the power to KO anyone at WW so he may have a slight punching power advantage over FMJr even at his advanced age.

5. Confidence (not Overconfidence), well we know who's confidence is riding higher now. JMM can go into the rematch thinking to himself "I faced the man some people said that you've been ducking for years", so with this it runs in his favor but wait, Floyd does have the win over him and is undefeated, younger, taller and the P4P Champion.

Now, I'm not saying that JMM wins in a rematch but I think he fairs far better than the first bout so don't shoot me too full of holes for suggesting this idea that he does fair better. lol

Your thoughts???

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Dec 22 2012, 12:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 22 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

The thing is...there is no reason for a rematch. Floyd DOMINATED him...and when I say DOMINATED I mean....DOOOMINAAAATEEEED.

1. To me hes more dangerous in the pocket. And..I don't know where people are getting the legs issue, hes still fresher on them than 80% of young up and coming fighters.
2. The only fight I saw him miss "a lot" of punches is the Cotto fight...and Cotto was looking spectacular that night (for a Cotto of late)...not to mention he still came up short.
3. Weight was not an issue in their first fight imo. The skills were. Floyd trains incorrectly or.....can't see your point.
4. Well placed, timed and "invisible" shot doesn't mean that there is "Ill knock all them mfkers out" power behind it. A good strong jab can daze you and put you on your ass.
5. I think that knocking the f out the God himself wouldn't be enough to get Floyd off of the confidence throne.

Though I dissagree with almost all your points, I have to admit this fight can happen since money talk and Marquez's stock has been raised a bit...but still...Floyd doesn't really need to gie him a rematch...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Dec 22 2012, 12:38 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 22 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I would be lying if i said i wouldn't like to see a rematch, but aside from Marquez's new body nothings really changed unless he decides to fight with the intention like he did with Pac and allow Mayweather to be the aggressor. Thats the big hole in Marquez he isn't a offensive fighter, in the first fight he tried to be and look what happened.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Dec 22 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Marquez still cant slip a left hook to save his life. Floyd basically beat Marquez with one hand in the last fight. I dont care how good Marquez's body looked in the last fight thats not gonna change that fact. Floyd outclasses Marquez in every aspect of the fight a second time. Mayweather Marquez 2 will make Speed 2 look like Die Hard 2.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 22 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Fight 'em Floyd! To hell with Guerrero!

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Dec 22 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #6

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Different fight, same ending

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 22 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Marquez DID just come off of the BIGGEST win of his career. Hmm....

When everybody thought Cotto was done, he beat Margarito and got a big fight.

When everybody thought Mosley was, he beat Margarito and got a big fight.

When everybody thought Ortiz was done, he beat Berto and got a big fight.

Wasn't this JMM/Pac 4, the biggest knockout and upset of the year?

Hasn't Marquez always complained about how he made weight for the first Mayweather fight? Didn't be look better in the 3rd and 4th Pacquiao fight because he put on the weight properly this time around? Didn't he weigh 144 when Floyd weighed 146 for the first fight? What would be wrong with Juan making that SAME 144 lbs comfortably this time? Didn't Juan just prove that he's comfortable fighting at WW?

Hmmm....me thinks that Marquez just ruined Guerrero's plans.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Dec 22 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Pacs style makes Marquez look real good..

Floyds style makes Marquez look like an amature..

Its a style clash here. If were are talking about who fights better backing up its hard to say and debatable,.. if we are talking about whos better comming forward we know who takes it..

Size or no size it would be very simular to the first fight, Marquez just cant find Floyed.

(But id pay for it tho:)

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 22 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 22 2012, 11:35 AM) *
The thing is...there is no reason for a rematch. Floyd DOMINATED him...and when I say DOMINATED I mean....DOOOMINAAAATEEEED.

1. To me hes more dangerous in the pocket. And..I don't know where people are getting the legs issue, hes still fresher on them than 80% of young up and coming fighters.
2. The only fight I saw him miss "a lot" of punches is the Cotto fight...and Cotto was looking spectacular that night (for a Cotto of late)...not to mention he still came up short.
3. Weight was not an issue in their first fight imo. The skills were. Floyd trains incorrectly or.....can't see your point.
4. Well placed, timed and "invisible" shot doesn't mean that there is "Ill knock all them mfkers out" power behind it. A good strong jab can daze you and put you on your ass.
5. I think that knocking the f out the God himself wouldn't be enough to get Floyd off of the confidence throne.

Though I dissagree with almost all your points, I have to admit this fight can happen since money talk and Marquez's stock has been raised a bit...but still...Floyd doesn't really need to gie him a rematch...

1. While I agree with point one about he's more dangerous in the pocket he does tend to get hit more often. I guess people are getting the leg issues because they're basing it on his previous performances, especially the likes of those fought against Corrales and Castillo were he moved more using his legs and since moving up he hasn't used them all that much after the Baldomir fight.

2. It seems we are on the same page here regarding Floyd's timing being off, he did miss a lot of punches<<that's timing.

3. I never said that weight was an issue nor was I trying to imply that it was. I agree that it was Floyd's skills that made all the difference and as far as you not being able to see my point, I was talking about Marquez not training properly to prepare himself to get stronger with his strength and conditioning coach and adding the weight properly that he would've needed to contend with the bigger fighters. Look at this version of JMM vs the last one that fought Pac, they're virtually two different body types Pac faced.

4. I've boxed and sparred for many years so I'm well aware about what a jab or the so called "invisible" shot (the one you don't see) can do to you so I'm not sure where you're going with your comments regarding this post.

5. Again, it appears we agree here so I'm not sure why you made the statement that you disagree with almost all my points. At no time did I suggest that JMM beats Floyd and at no time did I devalue the skills of Mayweather. I believe it is going to take a special fighter and a special moment for that one fighter to come along and beat Floyd but I just don't see that fighter on the horizon as of yet.

Here are my points about Floyd's advantages over JMM:

1. Already has a dominating win over him
2. He's more highly skillled both defensively and offensively
3. He's faster
4. He's younger
5. He's taller
6. He has the reach advantage
7. He is undefeated
8. P4P #1 (never doubted by me)
9. Been in less ring wars, taken less wear and tear over the years
10. Pac rejected 40 million dollars to fight him but took much less to face Marquez a 4th time.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 23 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Marquez beat Pacquiao with one devastating counter right hand. No doubt, but look at his opponent. Manny was reckless, he jumped into that punch blindly. Manny was tagging Juan all night with his speed, not accuracy just speed. Juan looked slower and he even looked like he was tiring out. Yes Juan was bigger and willing to take a beating to land that shot and the risk paid off. Mayweather wouldn't even come close to making all the silly mistakes Manny did. He would pace himself and eventually make Juan say "no mas." With Juan being slower and Mayweather willing to stand toe to toe this fight would look similar to the Gatti fight if not worse. I would say this fight would end in a stoppage. Mayweather would want to prove that Juan is far below his level which would further prove to Skip Bayless, Michael Wilbon and the rest of the idiots who actually think Manny would have a chance to pick off Mayweather. What makes Mayweather great is his boxing IQ and his willingness to adjust. Most fighters stick to one game plan Mayweather has several he is like Randy Johnson, the guy had a million different pitches, Mayweather has a million different looks and strategies. The guy is a genius. This fight would be twenty times worse. I would rather see this fight than Robert Guerrero.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:51 PM