IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JMM vs Mayweather 2, How well would Marquez fair now against him?
checkleft
post Dec 31 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 31 2012, 10:26 AM) *
If I had to guess I would say that it is Manny's unique combination of speed and power. Cotto didn't pose a greater threat. Cotto is a traditional, orthodox fighter. Manny has really fast hands and he throws punches from all sorts of unique angles. Cotto...not so much. I think Floyd believes that Manny, more than anyone else out there, has the ability to get to that chin of his. I think that scares the sh*t out of Floyd. We saw Zab Judah drop Floyd and Judah is a poor man's Pacquaio. We have seen Mayweather get ROCKED by Chop-Chop. We saw him get rocked by Mosley. None of those guys have the hand-speed that Manny does. I think Floyd's chin is really suspect. I think if Manny finds it, he can do real damage. THAT would be the biggest question to me.

Look, if the 2 guys box then Mayweahter whips him. Period. Everyone knows that. The only question is whether Manny can get to Floyd early and hurt him. If that happens, then Manny either becomes the Antonio Tarver to Floyd's Roy Jones (KO) or he stuns Mayweather to the point where he gets even more defensive allowing Manny to rack up points and rounds in the process.

Manny STILL provides the best challenge to Floyd by a country mile. I hope it happens. I want to see Floyd in there with a fighter that can get to that chin of his. I still think Floyd wins...don't get me wrong...but Manny is really the only challenge that is out there for Floyd. Robert Guerrero has no chance and neither does Andre Berto. A rematch with Cotto gives us more of the same. Canelo is mildly interesting but I see that fight going the same way as the Cotto one. The only other fighter I really want to see Floyd in with is Broner.

But like I said, I truly feel that Floyd is worried that Manny would beat him. We will see over the next 18 months. I have seen enough from Manny to believe that he truly wants the fight. What more would Mayweather fans want? He has said he would give him a larger share of the money. He has said he would agree to ALL the tests. He went on national TV and essentially called Floyd out. Floyd remained quiet.

I am not a Manny fan. I am not a Mayweather fan. I am a guy that wanted Mayweather to fight Manny early so I could bet HEAVILY on Mayweather. I was planning on betting (and then winning) $5k on Mayweather and then letting that $5k pay for my trip to vegas/ticket for the fight. That was back when Pac was an absurd favorite. Since then I have been convinced that Mayweather is the one that stands in the way of the fight being made, NOT Manny.

1st bold... Did you just really call Judah a poor man's pac?!?!? It's nice that you've taken interest in boxing but that's just criminal! Lol 1st of all Judah and corley are your basic southpaws, manny is NOT, he squares up and basically negates his position against the conventional stance (hints to why he got put to sleep). Second you said thay whoever boxes Floyd will lose no doubt, but the reason mosley Judah and corley hurt Floyd is because they were BOXING HIM.

2nd and most importantly! What most casual fans don't seem to understand (including ESPN watchers and employees) is that manny CANNOT OFFER FLOYD ANYTHING. He is not his own boss, he can't dictate any terms any stipulations dates ect! Bob arum makes every boxing decision for manny, until his contract is up. Why do you think we got a 4th marquez fight instead of a Bradley rematch which is what pac publicly asked for and said he wanted?!?!? The only reason manny went out on ESPN and called Floyd out (might I add while he already had a fight schedule which would have made it impossible to make the fight) is to promote the marquez fight. He was just using floyds name to gain attention as Floyd does to him, you think its a coincidence thay Floyd always seems to announce his comebacks or fights right before pac fights? No dude he knows everyone is getting excited about boxing around that time so the announcement will he stronger.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 31 2012, 09:55 AM
Post #72

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 31 2012, 09:42 AM) *
1st bold... Did you just really call Judah a poor man's pac?!?!? It's nice that you've taken interest in boxing but that's just criminal! Lol 1st of all Judah and corley are your basic southpaws, manny is NOT, he squares up and basically negates his position against the conventional stance (hints to why he got put to sleep). Second you said thay whoever boxes Floyd will lose no doubt, but the reason mosley Judah and corley hurt Floyd is because they were BOXING HIM.

2nd and most importantly! What most casual fans don't seem to understand (including ESPN watchers and employees) is that manny CANNOT OFFER FLOYD ANYTHING. He is not his own boss, he can't dictate any terms any stipulations dates ect! Bob arum makes every boxing decision for manny, until his contract is up. Why do you think we got a 4th marquez fight instead of a Bradley rematch which is what pac publicly asked for and said he wanted?!?!? The only reason manny went out on ESPN and called Floyd out (might I add while he already had a fight schedule which would have made it impossible to make the fight) is to promote the marquez fight. He was just using floyds name to gain attention as Floyd does to him, you think its a coincidence thay Floyd always seems to announce his comebacks or fights right before pac fights? No dude he knows everyone is getting excited about boxing around that time so the announcement will he stronger.

1. I didn't mean that Judah was the same type of fighter in terms of style. By saying "poor man's Judah" I just meant that Manny and Judah both are southpaws with power and hand speed. Manny is just more dangerous, partly due to the unique way he fights. It was a poor choice of words by me, but I didn't think anyone would take those wouds so literally.

2. Manny most certainly does offer Floyd a great deal. He represents the largest payday in the history of Floyd's career. He is also the biggest legacy fight for Floyd. Instead of are getting stuck with Floyd vs who...Robert Guerrero? Really? That is what Floyd is giving his fans? Robert Guerrero? Color me unimpressed. And regardless, doesn't Robert Guerrero have a promoter? Doesn't Canelo? Come on man.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 31 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #73

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

By the way, I still think this fight could and should happen. Manny is still the biggest money fight for Mayweather. Manny is still the biggest challenge. Beating Manny still does the most for his legcay by a wide margin. There is no question about it. I am stunned that so many poeple think there is no chance the fight comes off now.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Dec 31 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #74

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

It is hard to sell Pac being able to beat Mayweather now that he was face first and nearly brain dead from the hands of a man Mayweather treated like a little baby in the ring. Pac would get his ass handed to him... the right hand of mayweather is pretty deadly.. Juan has laid a blue print to beating Pac... side step and the quick right hand counter prior to the one that KOd Pac I saw Marquez stun him with the same shot in earlier rounds... counter punching is something mayweather is even better at than Juan Marquez. Also, Pac wings alot of shots that don't land. Marquez was able to defend against most of his shots thrown. Manny's ability to connect against Mayweather will be even more difficult. Pac has to Ko Marquez or Bradley to generate buzz for a Mayweather fight... I don't think he has it in him. He is a fighter in regression in my view...

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 31 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #75

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 31 2012, 09:26 AM) *
If I had to guess I would say that it is Manny's unique combination of speed and power. Cotto didn't pose a greater threat. Cotto is a traditional, orthodox fighter. Manny has really fast hands and he throws punches from all sorts of unique angles. Cotto...not so much. I think Floyd believes that Manny, more than anyone else out there, has the ability to get to that chin of his. I think that scares the sh*t out of Floyd. We saw Zab Judah drop Floyd and Judah is a poor man's Pacquaio. We have seen Mayweather get ROCKED by Chop-Chop. We saw him get rocked by Mosley. None of those guys have the hand-speed that Manny does. I think Floyd's chin is really suspect. I think if Manny finds it, he can do real damage. THAT would be the biggest question to me.

Look, if the 2 guys box then Mayweahter whips him. Period. Everyone knows that. The only question is whether Manny can get to Floyd early and hurt him. If that happens, then Manny either becomes the Antonio Tarver to Floyd's Roy Jones (KO) or he stuns Mayweather to the point where he gets even more defensive allowing Manny to rack up points and rounds in the process.

Manny STILL provides the best challenge to Floyd by a country mile. I hope it happens. I want to see Floyd in there with a fighter that can get to that chin of his. I still think Floyd wins...don't get me wrong...but Manny is really the only challenge that is out there for Floyd. Robert Guerrero has no chance and neither does Andre Berto. A rematch with Cotto gives us more of the same. Canelo is mildly interesting but I see that fight going the same way as the Cotto one. The only other fighter I really want to see Floyd in with is Broner.

But like I said, I truly feel that Floyd is worried that Manny would beat him. We will see over the next 18 months. I have seen enough from Manny to believe that he truly wants the fight. What more would Mayweather fans want? He has said he would give him a larger share of the money. He has said he would agree to ALL the tests. He went on national TV and essentially called Floyd out. Floyd remained quiet.

I am not a Manny fan. I am not a Mayweather fan. I am a guy that wanted Mayweather to fight Manny early so I could bet HEAVILY on Mayweather. I was planning on betting (and then winning) $5k on Mayweather and then letting that $5k pay for my trip to vegas/ticket for the fight. That was back when Pac was an absurd favorite. Since then I have been convinced that Mayweather is the one that stands in the way of the fight being made, NOT Manny.
Simple question...of all the fighters you named that hurt/stunned Mayweather, what were the outcome of their fights against him? Enough said, case closed. The end.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Dec 31 2012, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Dec 31 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #76

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 31 2012, 09:26 AM) *

I was unaware that PAC was actually considered the absurd favorite by anyone other than the casual fan. I can't imagine any legitimate bookie (oxymoron) or The House (Vegas) actually touting Pac as the favorite. I'm sure the odds would have been much more in his favor when compared today. but that's about it. If you or anyone has any evidence of that please enlighten me.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 31 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 31 2012, 10:55 AM) *
1. I didn't mean that Judah was the same type of fighter in terms of style. By saying "poor man's Judah" I just meant that Manny and Judah both are southpaws with power and hand speed. Manny is just more dangerous, partly due to the unique way he fights. It was a poor choice of words by me, but I didn't think anyone would take those wouds so literally.

2. Manny most certainly does offer Floyd a great deal. He represents the largest payday in the history of Floyd's career. He is also the biggest legacy fight for Floyd. Instead of are getting stuck with Floyd vs who...Robert Guerrero? Really? That is what Floyd is giving his fans? Robert Guerrero? Color me unimpressed. And regardless, doesn't Robert Guerrero have a promoter? Doesn't Canelo? Come on man.

Do you not understand that pac can't offer anyone anything? He has a promoter, and that promoter dictates every term of his fights. For example if pac really can offer anyone anything how come there wasn't any testing against marquez even tho manny said he agreed to it? Because top rank (bob arum) said no.

Pac can say whatever he wants but what really happens is completely out of his control.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 1 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #78

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 31 2012, 08:59 AM) *
By the way, I still think this fight could and should happen. Manny is still the biggest money fight for Mayweather. Manny is still the biggest challenge. Beating Manny still does the most for his legcay by a wide margin. There is no question about it. I am stunned that so many poeple think there is no chance the fight comes off now.

Wow, it's kind of hard for me to believe you are a fan of Floyd's with the ridiculous rant you went on prior to your initial post about Manny being a challenge for Floyd and how you are DUPED into believing that Manny and Arum wanted the fight with Floyd when they clearly walked away from a 40 million dollar offer to fight a 4th fight with Marquez for at least 25 million less. (This is still a sport and all about Dollars and cents at the end of the day<nobody fights for free)!!

The only possible way this fight happens is due to the following scenario, Manny wins convincingly over JMM in a 5th fight or Manny wins convincingly in a rematch vs Bradley then goes on to beat JMM convincingly and he (Pacquiao) has to accept the fact that he will not get no more than a 60-40 split (something Arum will never agree to).

I despise fake Fans or those who say that they are so called "fans" of Floyd but are really masquerading the fact that they're Pac fans trying to come off unbiased (which you are clearly doing here).

Stick to what you know because your ranting and comparison of what Corley, Judah and Mosley were able to do to Floyd can easily be negated by what JMM, Singsurat, and Torrecampo were able to do to Pacquiao which was far worst; or did you being the big Floyd fan that you are really just forget about that?? (Rhetorical question)!!

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Jan 1 2013, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 1 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #79

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Mayweather vs Pacquiao talk?!

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/yuck_imdone_zps7ff0446f.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Jan 1 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #80

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 1 2013, 07:57 PM) *

I know, right? ***sighs***

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:37 AM