Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Money & The Problem
Dolimite
post Dec 27 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Broner on a Mayweather undercard, the question is, who would he fight in such a quick turn over? I say the winner of Garcia and Judah or maybe Broner and Maidana, better yet why not Broner and Gamboa, make it happen. Just think of it, the whole 50 cent thing with Floyd as a background story and the fact Gamboa and Mayweather were actually cool and Adrien stepping in as Floyd's next protege. It has a million story lines. At the weigh ins Ray J and 50 can get in a scuffle. 1.5 million buys instantly.

The interesting thing about the youtube video of May and Broner was Adrian was actually quiet. As Floyd was giving backhand compliments Broner sat there as if he was a seven year old kid on Santa's lap. The funny part of that entire video: Floyd saying he doesn't do bands he does straps. Of course at the end of the video the hanger ons had to get their shout outs. Broner maybe apart of the money team sooner rather than later. May 4th just got even more interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
daprofessor
post Dec 27 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i may be alone on this one...but i don't think boxing needs all that wwf stuff. no need for story lines. no need for fluff. leave that to wwe/ufc. all i need is good fights. i'd love to see broner/gamboa...but i think at this point gamboa gets eaten up. he didn't look so good in his last outing and needs to knock a little more rust off before getting in the ring with a guy like broner. he still may be too small for broner. keep ray j out the ring unless he's singing the anthem. same with 50.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 27 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 05:13 PM) *
i may be alone on this one...but i don't think boxing needs all that wwf stuff. no need for story lines. no need for fluff. leave that to wwe/ufc. all i need is good fights. i'd love to see broner/gamboa...but i think at this point gamboa gets eaten up. he didn't look so good in his last outing and needs to knock a little more rust off before getting in the ring with a guy like broner. he still may be too small for broner. keep ray j out the ring unless he's singing the anthem. same with 50.

Professor unfortunately we live in a time of soundbites and controversy. It is not enough that two boxers do not like each other. Look at what happen with Oscar and Mayweather, it was hype and all the bells and whistles that go with it. The hard core boxing fans do not push the sport, its the populous that do. If Golden Boy and TMT can push a fight with all the hype that a reality show can bring or wwe then that is a plus for boxing. New fans will be engulfed in the sport. It is like the state of ballet (forgive cousins for this statement) the New York Ballet Company had to take classical ballets and give them a new edge and style to bring new members into the theaters, the same goes with boxing, we need new fans. If having certain marketing schemes and techniques to bring in new fans than I am all for it. I am not a fan of 50 he makes me cringe anyway but I will say this he has created a buzz. Look at what reality shows have done for certain people, they had such a big personality and ego that people are attracted to the BS. I do not even know anything about the Braxtons but I do know everyone talks about Tamara and because of her personality she has a hit song, I will not even talk about the other cats who have made it big off reality shows. Hype sells. A sport that does very very well at selling hype is the NFL. Every little thing is a story line, just look at last year what they did with Tebow. People tuned in to watch a 3rd tier quarterback because of all the hype that surrounded him. Boxing needs new viewers, you and I of course will buy a PPV and watch boxing because we enjoy the sport even love the sport but people who can really push the sport are the fans that need the extra toppings. Its like going to In N Out why get the regular burger when you can get it animal style? Same with boxing.

Broner and Gamboa is interesting, the fight may surprise us. With Broner personality and Floyd being Floyd May 4th is already creating buzz. I would love the undercard to be just as good if not better than the main event.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Dec 27 2012, 10:18 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 28 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 27 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Professor unfortunately we live in a time of soundbites and controversy. It is not enough that two boxers do not like each other. Look at what happen with Oscar and Mayweather, it was hype and all the bells and whistles that go with it. The hard core boxing fans do not push the sport, its the populous that do. If Golden Boy and TMT can push a fight with all the hype that a reality show can bring or wwe then that is a plus for boxing. New fans will be engulfed in the sport. It is like the state of ballet (forgive cousins for this statement) the New York Ballet Company had to take classical ballets and give them a new edge and style to bring new members into the theaters, the same goes with boxing, we need new fans. If having certain marketing schemes and techniques to bring in new fans than I am all for it. I am not a fan of 50 he makes me cringe anyway but I will say this he has created a buzz. Look at what reality shows have done for certain people, they had such a big personality and ego that people are attracted to the BS. I do not even know anything about the Braxtons but I do know everyone talks about Tamara and because of her personality she has a hit song, I will not even talk about the other cats who have made it big off reality shows. Hype sells. A sport that does very very well at selling hype is the NFL. Every little thing is a story line, just look at last year what they did with Tebow. People tuned in to watch a 3rd tier quarterback because of all the hype that surrounded him. Boxing needs new viewers, you and I of course will buy a PPV and watch boxing because we enjoy the sport even love the sport but people who can really push the sport are the fans that need the extra toppings. Its like going to In N Out why get the regular burger when you can get it animal style? Same with boxing.

Broner and Gamboa is interesting, the fight may surprise us. With Broner personality and Floyd being Floyd May 4th is already creating buzz. I would love the undercard to be just as good if not better than the main event.

i'm going to have to agree to disagree...

for one...dlh/floyd was oversold and even though they made a killing on that one fight...they turned several fans off to the sport. not since dlh/trinidad have i heard ppl say "i will never order another ppv again!!!" that illustrates what 'hype' does for the sport. so many ppl bought into the hype and i did my best to explain to ppl there would be no knockout and they should not expect the fireworks that were promised by floyd and oscar. i knew that fight was going to be a chess match and everyone expected blood and guts.

i do NOT purchase ppv cards. the last ppv card i purchased was cotto/malignaggi. the one before that was bhop/joppy. ppv boxing is killing the sport.

i can't speak on ballet, tamara, the braxtons, tebow or the nfl. i don't watch any of them. i'd love to see boxing back in the mainstream media...but if it doesn't find it's way there with all the bullshit that's on television these days, i wouldn't be upset about it. i think it sucks that ppl think it's normal to have to get cable tv to watch boxing. i'll be happy when top notch boxing is back on network tv where it belongs. hype won't get it there....quality/exciting match ups will.

for the record....floyds antics have turned me off more than anything. it's his skill that i tune in to see. same with broner.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 28 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 28 2012, 10:38 AM) *
i'm going to have to agree to disagree...

for one...dlh/floyd was oversold and even though they made a killing on that one fight...they turned several fans off to the sport. not since dlh/trinidad have i heard ppl say "i will never order another ppv again!!!" that illustrates what 'hype' does for the sport. so many ppl bought into the hype and i did my best to explain to ppl there would be no knockout and they should not expect the fireworks that were promised by floyd and oscar. i knew that fight was going to be a chess match and everyone expected blood and guts.

i do NOT purchase ppv cards. the last ppv card i purchased was cotto/malignaggi. the one before that was bhop/joppy. ppv boxing is killing the sport.

i can't speak on ballet, tamara, the braxtons, tebow or the nfl. i don't watch any of them. i'd love to see boxing back in the mainstream media...but if it doesn't find it's way there with all the bullshit that's on television these days, i wouldn't be upset about it. i think it sucks that ppl think it's normal to have to get cable tv to watch boxing. i'll be happy when top notch boxing is back on network tv where it belongs. hype won't get it there....quality/exciting match ups will.

for the record....floyds antics have turned me off more than anything. it's his skill that i tune in to see. same with broner.

I don't watch reality shows but people talk about them constantly. I been going to ballets since birth (my grandmother and mother use to be professional/classical dancers and they figured I could learn something). I think antics are apart of sports. The reason why people tune into UFC is because they make it fun and accessible boxing hasn't tried new tactics. But I do see your point in keeping the sport pure. The average viewer tunes in for Mayweather's stupidity. I like him as a boxer and he is actually a very cool guy when the spotlight isn't on him. And what do casual boxing fans really know about the sport. They look for big hits and knockouts. I do think boxing should return to regular television but unfortunately boxing has not proved to be a big ratings for regular networks to carry, I believe one day it will be.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Dolimite   Money & The Problem   Dec 27 2012, 07:29 PM
- - daprofessor   i may be alone on this one...but i don't think...   Dec 27 2012, 08:13 PM
|- - wolterb   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 08:13 P...   Dec 27 2012, 08:38 PM
||- - daprofessor   QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 27 2012, 09:38 PM) a...   Dec 28 2012, 01:18 PM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 28 2012, 01:13 A...   Dec 27 2012, 09:33 PM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 05:13 P...   Dec 27 2012, 10:14 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 27 2012, 11:14 PM) ...   Dec 28 2012, 01:38 PM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 28 2012, 10:38 A...   Dec 28 2012, 04:45 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 28 2012, 05:45 PM) ...   Dec 28 2012, 08:35 PM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 28 2012, 05:35 P...   Dec 29 2012, 01:29 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2012, 02:29 AM) ...   Dec 29 2012, 05:28 AM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 29 2012, 03:28 A...   Dec 29 2012, 12:15 PM
- - BigFightFan   Another failed relationship in the making, the who...   Dec 27 2012, 08:56 PM
- - Gambit808   To have Mayweather, Canelo & Broner all on the...   Dec 27 2012, 10:05 PM
- - leonthegee   No way Floyd, Canelo, and Broner end up on the sam...   Dec 27 2012, 10:22 PM
- - Franchize   I wish they could get a card with Broner, Mayweath...   Dec 28 2012, 07:14 AM
- - BrutUalBK   Honestly I'm glad that Broner is on the underc...   Dec 28 2012, 10:28 AM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 27 2012, 07:29 PM) ...   Dec 28 2012, 11:39 AM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 28 2012, 09:39 AM) I...   Dec 28 2012, 12:24 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 28 2012, 12:24 PM) ...   Dec 29 2012, 02:42 PM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 29 2012, 12:42 PM) S...   Dec 29 2012, 05:17 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2012, 05:17 PM) ...   Dec 29 2012, 06:31 PM
- - daprofessor   i think the formula is simple....put on great matc...   Dec 29 2012, 06:22 PM
- - mgrover   realistically take mayweather out of the equation ...   Dec 29 2012, 07:43 PM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 29 2012, 05:43 PM) r...   Dec 29 2012, 09:37 PM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 30 2012, 02:37 AM) ...   Dec 30 2012, 10:32 AM
|- - wolterb   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2012, 09:37 PM) ...   Dec 30 2012, 03:56 PM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2012, 01:56 PM) c...   Dec 30 2012, 04:51 PM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 30 2012, 09:51 PM) ...   Dec 30 2012, 05:40 PM
|- - Hotsauce   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 30 2012, 04:51 PM) ...   Jan 3 2013, 07:59 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 3 2013, 07:59 PM) m...   Jan 3 2013, 08:34 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2012, 10:37 PM) ...   Dec 30 2012, 05:31 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2012, 09:37 PM) ...   Jan 1 2013, 07:14 PM
- - Dolimite   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 1 2013, 05:14 PM) Na...   Jan 1 2013, 07:47 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 1 2013, 07:47 PM) T...   Jan 1 2013, 08:02 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:21 AM