Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Just watched Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia again
KOpower
post Dec 28 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

That was a great fight with a great ending. A few things that you really notice...

1. I never saw a guy get essentially KO'd with a neck shot before. Khan looked to take all of Garcia's shots well on the chin, but the hit to the neck just destroyed him.

2. Garcia's left hook is deadly.

3. Khan's heard is outstanding. He doesn't fight smart, but the guy has balls.

4. Khan appeared to know exactly where he was, but he just didn't have good control over his legs. They were rubber after the neck shot.

Overall it was a GREAT fight and I would love to see them do it again. I am very disappointed in the opposition Garcia has faced since the Khan fight. Morales was pointless and Judah was washed up 5 or so years ago.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Dec 29 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Khan usually beats himself in fights...and that's exactly what happened in this fight. Sadly, it will happen again. Khan is every bit of a 4-round fighter, then he starts slipping in the middle rounds and engaging his opponents too much.

I think he even gets bored with sticking and moving after the first few rounds. Either that, he gets waaay too excited with the fact that he can hit his opponents at will because of his speed.

I hate to be the party pooper here, but Khan is what he is...a fighter with all of the advantages at his weight class (aside from a chin), but too much arrogance. He was only able to take some of Danny's shot before the knockdown, because Danny wasn't throwing with that much confidence. He wasn't even sure that Khan was going to be there after he threw his shots.

All of the shots that Khan took after the knockdown, was due to pure adrenaline, and the fear of going down without a fight...I cant blame him. Had his used his head instead of his balls, he may have lasted a bit longer.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 30 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 29 2012, 03:06 PM) *
Khan usually beats himself in fights...and that's exactly what happened in this fight. Sadly, it will happen again. Khan is every bit of a 4-round fighter, then he starts slipping in the middle rounds and engaging his opponents too much.

I think he even gets bored with sticking and moving after the first few rounds. Either that, he gets waaay too excited with the fact that he can hit his opponents at will because of his speed.

I hate to be the party pooper here, but Khan is what he is...a fighter with all of the advantages at his weight class (aside from a chin), but too much arrogance. He was only able to take some of Danny's shot before the knockdown, because Danny wasn't throwing with that much confidence. He wasn't even sure that Khan was going to be there after he threw his shots.

All of the shots that Khan took after the knockdown, was due to pure adrenaline, and the fear of going down without a fight...I cant blame him. Had his used his head instead of his balls, he may have lasted a bit longer.

Khan wasn't out, but he wasn't responsive either. He knew exactly where he was but his legs weren't responding properly. It was a good stoppage, although I would ahve been ok if he let it go on.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:23 AM