Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lucas Matthysse
Kratza
post Dec 28 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

How good is Matthysse? Personally i think he's one of the best fighters at 140, i think he beats Garcia and everyone else and i also think he won the Alexander and Judah fights, but most importantly probably for him is i think he beats Maidana, Matthysse is the better boxer and they have similar power but Maidana has shown he can be hurt and especially to the body and Matthysse loves going to the body so im not sure Maidana will make it out of the fight. Probably the only person i could see Matthysse having trouble with at 140 right now is Khan, simply because of his speed, but it could all change if Matthysse catches him flush (which im sure he will as even though Khan is partnered with Hunter he still fights reckless at time).
What are your thoughts on the Argentine and how do you think he fairs against the people in and around the 140 division.

P.S. That IS how you spell his name (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Kratza: Dec 28 2012, 03:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
checkleft
post Dec 31 2012, 01:41 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 30 2012, 09:25 AM) *
He's probably the most underrated and the most ducked fighter at 140 aswell, no one wants to give him his title shot not even Danny

+1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 30 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Hes a good fighter not great. He can punch and hes tough. Thats about it. I saw the Judah fight and it was close. You could argue either way. There was no robbery. Now he was robbed in the Alexander fight but at the time Alexander wasnt showing much anyway.
Now it is true Matthysse has been avoided by other fighters. But dont mistake being avoided with being elite. I see that shit all the time in boxing. You see guys like Margarito, PWill, Rigo, and Lara propped up high on pedistals by the public because they cant get the fights they want. Boxing is a business first fighting second sport, and its been that way for about 20 years now.

Don't know if he's a great or elite fighter, but he's no pwill, marg, or Lara. You can see him thinking in there, he's not as one dimensinal as these guys. He seems to figure guys out with his brain then break them down with his toughness.

Like I said I agree with you that he's not elite, but I don't think anyone at 140 is either (yet).

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Dec 31 2012, 05:35 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 30 2012, 11:41 PM) *
+1

Don't know if he's a great or elite fighter, but he's no pwill, marg, or Lara. You can see him thinking in there, he's not as one dimensinal as these guys. He seems to figure guys out with his brain then break them down with his toughness.

Like I said I agree with you that he's not elite, but I don't think anyone at 140 is either (yet).

He can punch no question, especially to the body, but hes not wooing me with his talent. When I look at Matthysse I dont see that dynamic talent that I see when I look at a Broner or a Gary Russell Jr. I said he can fight but just because hes been avoided to this point doesnt mean he can beat the elite fighters.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:24 PM