IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> which fights do u most want to see in 2013?
daprofessor
post Jan 1 2013, 04:21 AM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

1. rigondeaux/donaire/mares (any combination)

2. mayweather/bradley/guerrero (any combination)

3. marquez/rios

4. garcia/matthysse

5. pavlik/froch

6. canelo/trout

7. martinez/chavez 2

8. ward/dirrell

9. dawson/pascal 2

10. hopkins/cloud

honorable mentions..

gamboa/russell

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jan 1 2013, 04:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Jan 3 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

My list roughly in order:

Broner vs Garcia- Definitely, Top 5 on this list! Maybe the fight I wanna see most and it's definitely possible. I think this will be a barn burner. I think Broner might take him to school. Too accurate and his punches are too straight.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao- Yea I said it. I wanna see this fight still because now it won't be riddled with as much Pactardation in the build up lol. I just want to see these guys finally settle the score.

Cotto vs Canelo- I think this has FOTY written all over it.

Chavez Jr vs Andre Ward- I know...It'll never happen...but I can dream. I want to see JCC Jr finally fight in the weight class he's SUPPOSED to be in and stop pussyfooting around. I'm tired of the conditioning saga everytime he fights. I'm tired of him looking like he's the big doofy kid that got held back 3 times everytime he fights. Andre Ward vs Julio Ceasar Chavez Jr at 168. Period. End of Story!

Golovkin vs Chavez Jr- If you insist on not moving up, fight GGG.

Broner vs Rios- I kinda get a Mayweather vs Gatti vibe. That wasn't a competitive fight at all but it's still one of my favorites. I wanna see just how good a BOXER Broner is. To me, Rios is taylor made for a boxing lesson. Can Broner play professor?

Marquez vs Mayweather 2- Do I think the result will be different? No. But quite frankly, I'm tired of seeing brawls every fight. I became a huge Mayweather fan because of his technical brilliance and application of the sweet science. I can watch Rios or Chavez Jr if I wanna see slug fest. I'd really like to see this meeting of the minds.

Martirosyan vs Thurman- How will Keith deal with a who isn't comin with no bullshit?

Russell Jr vs Gamboa- Gamboa has officially convinced me, he doesn't really want problems with "The Problem". I think Russell Jr is more realistic at this point.

Bradley vs Rios- I'm no Bradley fan but I wanna see how Rios is going to deal with a guy who has just as much heart but is probably twice as smart.

Ortiz vs Rios- I know, Ortiz has tore his sunday draws with most of us. That being said, I ALWAYS wanted to see this happen. I want to see the bad blood. I just wish Garcia was still training him. that brotherly fued would have made it even better.

Kirkland vs Bundrage- A nice brawl every once in a while is cool. I'll be sure to be nice and liquored up for this one...spewing drunken profanities and cheering like a sailor until my ol' lady tells me to keep it down lol.

Thurman vs Guerrero- I expect there to be a lot of action in this fight. At the very least, at least one of them will have to shut the fuck up about fighting Floyd lmao

Khan vs Ortiz- Battle of the underachievers lol

Bradley vs Garcia- I actually think Bradley will beat him. I can't see him allowing himself to get his by those wild hooks.

Daquan Arnett vs Deandre Lattimore or Jesse Vargas- I like this kid Arnett. Nobody is really talking about him but I think he's got potential. He'd have to come down in weight for the Vargas fight but I think he could stand to shed a few anyway. I also want to see if Lattimore is done for good.

Rios vs Garcia- Will Danny adapt and box, or try to out punch Rios?

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jan 3 2013, 10:41 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 3 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 3 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Chavez Jr vs Andre Ward- I know...It'll never happen...but I can dream. I want to see JCC Jr finally fight in the weight class he's SUPPOSED to be in and stop pussyfooting around. I'm tired of the conditioning saga everytime he fights. I'm tired of him looking like he's the big doofy kid that got held back 3 times everytime he fights. Andre Ward vs Julio Ceasar Chavez Jr at 168. Period. End of Story!

Martirosyan vs Thurman- How will Keith deal with a who isn't comin with no bullshit?

Bradley vs Rios- I'm no Bradley fan but I wanna see how Rios is going to deal with a guy who has just as much heart but is probably twice as smart.

Ortiz vs Rios- I know, Ortiz has tore his sunday draws with most of us. That being said, I ALWAYS wanted to see this happen. I want to see the bad blood. I just wish Garcia was still training him. that brotherly fued would have made it even better.

Kirkland vs Bundrage- A nice brawl every once in a while is cool. I'll be sure to be nice and liquored up for this one...spewing drunken profanities and cheering like a sailor until my ol' lady tells me to keep it down lol.

Thurman vs Guerrero- I expect there to be a lot of action in this fight. At the very least, at least one of them will have to shut the fuck up about fighting Floyd lmao

Khan vs Ortiz- Battle of the underachievers lol

Bradley vs Garcia- I actually think Bradley will beat him. I can't see him allowing himself to get his by those wild hooks.

Daquan Arnett vs Deandre Lattimore or Jesse Vargas- I like this kid Arnett. Nobody is really talking about him but I think he's got potential. He'd have to come down in weight for the Vargas fight but I think he could stand to shed a few anyway. I also want to see if Lattimore is done for good.

Nice matchups sir!

Chavez/Ward: Lmao at Chavez being the big doofy kid that got held back 3 times! Too funny! I like this matchup...it has "money" and "showcase bout" written all over it for both guys...more so Ward.

Martirosyan/Thurman: Great matchup for both! Hope Arum doesn't get in the way of it. I like Martirosyan in this one for some reason.

Bradley/Rios: Good test for both guys, being the fact that Manny didn't jump all over Bradley like most people thought (including me). Rios will be allover Bradley without a worry in this world. Bradley may not have the power to keep Rios off of him, but he is just as big of a bully as Rios is, and for some reason, I actually have Bradley pulling off a TKO in this one...something we haven't seen in a while.

Ortiz/Rios: Tough fuckin' fight for Victor at this point. Ortiz was supposed to knock heads off in the WW division, but he has yet to meet the mark. Lmao at Ortiz "tearing his Sunday draws"...sounds like something my grandma would say! Lol. Rios has already made a statement at 140, and was in line for a Pacquiao fight at WW, so that's not good news for Victor. Victor was supposed to be at least one step ahead of Rios (as far as making his mark in the division), but now it APPEARS that Ortiz will NEED the fight now, rather than making Rios work for it.

Kirkland/Bundrage: They both need this fight, but Kirkland needs it more than K-9. If K-9 actually beats Kirkland, his IBF shitshow would continue, as well as his useless and toothless calling out of the big names. Kirkland has never been champ, from what I remember...dude needs a belt.

Thurman/Guerrero: I like Robert in this fight, but Thurman is a BIG WW. He's another Berto, with a little less athleticism. Guerrero may surprise him with bullying tactics and landed punches. We haven't seen Thurman hit that much, so the day I see that, I can actually make a decent prediction.

Khan/Ortiz: Not sure I like this one too much. I dont see much coming out of it, to be honest. I see Ortiz getting frustrated and finding a way out of the fight because of movement and handspeed that he cant match. Either that, or Victor will hurt Khan, and Khan will yet again, fight stupid and beat himself...rather than being smart and trying to survive until he regains his legs. Really though, I dont see much coming out of this one.

Bradley/Garcia: "Battle of the Wild Hooks". If Bradley had a decent straight punch, rather than hooks and inside fighting, then he'd have the edge here. i just see Bradley bullying Garcia in this one, because Garcia typically sits back and fights a slow-paced fight. Too much room for Bradley to bully him.

Arnett vs Lattimore or Vargas: I like Arnett, I just need to see more of him. I just see a lot of raw talent at the moment. He may be able to fuck over Lattimore with that, but Vargas wont allow it. As a matter of fact, Vargas will find every way to make it a boring fight....as he always effortlessly does. Bum

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- daprofessor   which fights do u most want to see in 2013?   Jan 1 2013, 04:21 AM
- - BigFightFan   Mosley/malinaggi Marquez/Bradley Pacquiao/Rios Qu...   Jan 1 2013, 11:35 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 1 2013, 12:35 PM...   Jan 1 2013, 09:57 PM
- - mgrover   GG vs Martinez   Jan 1 2013, 12:52 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 1 2013, 01:52 PM) GG...   Jan 1 2013, 09:57 PM
- - Dolimite   Broner vs. Bradley Trout vs. K9 Deontay Wilder vs...   Jan 1 2013, 03:42 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 1 2013, 04:42 PM) B...   Jan 1 2013, 10:00 PM
- - checkleft   Good lists guys. You pretty much got all the ones ...   Jan 1 2013, 05:16 PM
- - Plah   1.Lucas vs Danny 2.Lucas vs Broner 3.Ward vs Mar...   Jan 1 2013, 07:30 PM
- - Cshel86   Clottey (dig him up) vs Canelo (at 154) Hank Lundy...   Jan 1 2013, 07:46 PM
|- - Gambit808   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 1 2013, 07:46 PM) Cl...   Jan 1 2013, 09:18 PM
- - Gambit808   I'm in for some more breakout performances fro...   Jan 1 2013, 09:13 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 1 2013, 09:13 PM) ...   Jan 2 2013, 09:32 AM
- - aTYpicalTYrant   Alvarez vs. Trout. I need to see how Foghorn can...   Jan 2 2013, 12:10 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 2 2013, 10:32 AM) Wo...   Jan 2 2013, 02:21 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 2 2013, 03:21 PM) ...   Jan 2 2013, 03:33 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 2 2013, 02:21 PM) ...   Jan 2 2013, 08:52 PM
- - p4pcrown   For some reason I want to see Mayweather vs Marque...   Jan 2 2013, 02:56 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Jan 2 2013, 03:56 PM) F...   Jan 2 2013, 03:31 PM
|- - p4pcrown   QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 2 2013, 03:31 PM) ...   Jan 2 2013, 10:23 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Jan 2 2013, 11:23 PM) M...   Jan 3 2013, 02:11 AM
- - Franchize   My list roughly in order: Broner vs Garcia- Defin...   Jan 3 2013, 10:37 AM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 3 2013, 10:37 AM) ...   Jan 3 2013, 11:25 AM
|- - p4pcrown   QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 3 2013, 10:37 AM) ...   Jan 3 2013, 09:01 PM
- - daprofessor   great match ups and breakdowns! fyi...there ...   Jan 6 2013, 06:08 PM
- - Cshel86   I wanna see Alexander vs Berto for some reason. ...   Jan 7 2013, 08:48 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2013, 09:48 PM) I ...   Jan 8 2013, 01:28 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2013, 01:28 AM) ...   Jan 8 2013, 01:49 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2013, 01:28 AM) ...   Jan 8 2013, 04:51 PM
- - Dolimite   Keith Thurman and Saul Alvarez   Jan 8 2013, 07:20 PM
- - wolterb   golovkin v sergio martinez austin trout v saul ...   Jan 9 2013, 12:34 PM
- - Franchize   I wanna see my man Danny Jacobs fight again! ...   Jan 10 2013, 09:35 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 05:25 PM