IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Forgotten About Classic Movies/TV Shows!
Jack 1000
post Jan 2 2013, 01:26 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

So many I could list, but a forgotten favorite of mine is "Bad Boys." Sean Penn's incredible role in a hellish reform school. Esai Morales plays his arch-nemesis. The guys who play the inmates and the supervisor guards are just incredible in the acting! It's so real! It is like watching a documentary!

Big fan of The White Shadow! A TV series about a former (though fictional) retired pro-ball player who takes a job at a tough inner-city high school as a basketball coach. The series brilliantly with so many issues facing schools and kids today: Domestic Abuse, drugs, homosexuality, the problems that kids have at times adjusting to educational environments.

The Paper Chase (The Movie is Great but the series is even better) With John Housman as strict law professor Charles Kingsfield. Noted for realistically captivating the viewer, this is the best series about law school life ever filmed!!!

For fun family movies- Willy Wonka and A Christmas Story!!!!!

I also love classic TV and collect so many series on DVD. From fun classic family comedy such as Leave it to Beaver, The Bob Newhardt Show, Brady Bunch, and Gilligan's Island.

And the very controversial All in the Family, but oh man! I'm surprised it is even shown today, because Archie Bunker is so racist! The humor though always came from when he would trying to speak intelligently about anything, and would screw things up making him look stupid in his analogies! Still not a show for the politically correct.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Jan 4 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

When I saw Jack open a movie/tv show thread, I immediately knew that Bad Boys had to be at the top of the list! I remember the line about "coping a shit attitude"...too funny! That movie was a classic, and in a league of its own.

I cant really think of a classic movie off the top of my head, but as far as shows are concerned....Married With Children gets me every tie they air reruns! Al Bundy could be my fuckin' president for all I care...dude was hilarious and brutally honest! Not to mention that I dont mind looking at Kaite Sagal for 30 mins at a time!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:38 PM