IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> if you were a black fighter...would you sign with bob arum?
daprofessor
post Jan 8 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 8 2013, 12:06 PM) *
I don't think it takes that much, you put him in with a couple of soft touches with not so amazing chins, shut down the whole God crap, make him call out Mayweather and call Mayweather all sorts and there's the hype. Styles make fights and he just needs someone reckless running into his punches lol, Brandon Rios vs Bradley would be one hell of a fight, since Rios would leave no stoned unturned, and after he is beaten focus will shift to Bradley.

As to promoting a black fighter, Arum is a smart guy, but he always seems to have these fighters that come ahead of the black fighters, Oscar De La Hoya, Pac. If he wanted to am sure he could, he just chooses not to to protect his cash cows.

he had thee best fighter in all of boxing when he had floyd mayweather. he himself said that floyd was better than them all. floyd has now proven to be a cash cow. he's always had the skills to be that. with all of that being said...arum still put him on the back burner. i can't see it being any better for any other black fighter with arum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 8 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #62

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'm still waiting on my fight date...c'mon with it Bob!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 8 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 8 2013, 06:42 PM) *
he had thee best fighter in all of boxing when he had floyd mayweather. he himself said that floyd was better than them all. floyd has now proven to be a cash cow. he's always had the skills to be that. with all of that being said...arum still put him on the back burner. i can't see it being any better for any other black fighter with arum.

it just doesn't make sense why he didn't even attempt to

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 9 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 8 2013, 06:11 PM) *
it just doesn't make sense why he didn't even attempt to

in bob's defense....it may have had something to do with floyd's "slave wages" comment concerning the contract he was offered by hbo. ppl forget...but floyd turned pro after the '96 olympics and was already fighter of the year in '98. that's an amazing accomplishment. he wasn't a ppv fighter at that point...but he was definitely shining. he fought a total of 7 times capping off the year by winning the title from genaro hernandez (rip) by stoppage and angel manfreddy by stoppage as well. not bad for a guy who was pro for 2 yrs w/19 fights.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:53 PM