Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> gabriel rosado rejects catchweight!!!, in fight against ggg
daprofessor
post Jan 2 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

win or lose...i have to give this man his props. apparently he didn't know about the catchweight. his promoter asked for it...and ggg's camp agreed to it. rosado said it wasn't necessary and basically took a page from the old school and said he'd fight ggg at his weight out of respect for boxing and the champion!!! plus...he didn't want any excuses about the 2lbs "when he wins." man i love this kids' confidence!!!!

i cannot wait for this fight. he's got me second guessing my initial prediction with this move. reading the article on the front page...i still felt they're making a mistake. it's apparent to me they really don't know who ggg is...and his trainer said they only started viewing tape of him since the fight was signed. i think they're biting off way more than this kid can chew. maybe they see something i don't? in any case...this kid just showed his balls to the world with this move. good for him! more fighters should take note.

on the flip side...u don't hear ggg talking about 'who is gabriel rosado?' or any bullshit like...'this kid isn't worthy...' or 'i wanna fight the best in the division, blah,blah,blah.' i hope ppl are taking note. this is how it's done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Jan 8 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 7 2013, 08:51 PM) *
bald tires period! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i just put some new tires on my hooptie...what a difference that makes! feel like i'm driving a porsche now!

Tell me about it! In this case, Rosado's new tires will hopefully be a decent chin in this fight. If not, then we're back to the bald tires metaphor.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 8 2013, 12:33 AM) *
While Im happy for his stance, I think this is a huge opportunity passed up. That said if this SOB pulls this off, he may become a new favorite fighter to watch lol. Well maybe not that serious but I will pay a lot more attn to him.

Couldn't have said it better myself. For some reason, Rosado has this secret level of confidence, as if he has a perfect game plan for this fight. With that in mind, that makes the fight much more interesting!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 8 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2013, 03:03 PM) *
Couldn't have said it better myself. For some reason, Rosado has this secret level of confidence, as if he has a perfect game plan for this fight. With that in mind, that makes the fight much more interesting!

I just don't want it to be the Haye Hype, yes it's what am dubbing it lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 8 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 8 2013, 11:57 AM) *
I just don't want it to be the Haye Hype, yes it's what am dubbing it lol

Nooooo!!! Take it back MG! Please dont jinx the fight!

*Secretly, Cshel thinks the same thing* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:19 AM