> matthysse vs mike dallas jr
leonthegee
post Jan 6 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 5 2013, 05:37 PM) *
No one wants to fight Matthysse so what is he supposed to do? I'm pretty sure he's Garcia's mandatory and Garcia even said he's not going to fight him

Since when do mandatories matter? It doesnt matter with the elite fighters so you cant have it both ways. Geurrero is Floyds mandatory and people think that fight is a joke. Before him Aydin and Mundine before him. You cant hedge your bets on both sides of the argument.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 6 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 5 2013, 03:29 PM) *
He's a good trainer but the fighter needs to have the goods too. People hate on Garcia for fighting Judah and praise Matthysse. When in all actuality this fight is not even on that level.

i think matthysse will have the harder fight. we'll see....

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 6 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2013, 10:01 PM) *
Who is Mike Dallas promoted by? Something had me thinking that it was Top Rank, but I could be waaay off.

the chick that used to have james toney...old white broad that they made the movie about.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 6 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 5 2013, 11:13 PM) *
+1

This is exactly it. All you ever heard the Garcia camp talking about is morales and they never stop talking about Khan! Mathysse fought the guy NO ONE ELSE would fight in ajose who has been everybodies mandatory for idk how long and not only did he probably not even lose a round against a very game tough and awkward fighter he punished him until the end. And instead they go after Judah?

There is no doubt people are scared of matth, I've seen videos of him sparring Martinez in camp while most Jr welterweights are killing themselves to fight smaller guys! Lol

all i've ever heard the garcia camp say is that they want the best. morales and judah were chosen by haymon. morales asked for the rematch...and khan will be beggin for it for a while. the matthysse fight will happen. they're the two best at the division. the fight needs to marinate a little more before it's ready to be served. if they fight now...they're not gonna make the money they deserve for taking on the risk of facing each other.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 6 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 6 2013, 05:58 PM) *
all i've ever heard the garcia camp say is that they want the best. morales and judah were chosen by haymon. morales asked for the rematch...and khan will be beggin for it for a while. the matthysse fight will happen. they're the two best at the division. the fight needs to marinate a little more before it's ready to be served. if they fight now...they're not gonna make the money they deserve for taking on the risk of facing each other.

Every time I've heard them talk about matth it goes something like....

Interviewer - "so how about matthysse?"

Garcia and/or his camp - "he's just your average tough guy. He's good not great.... But Khan would get knocked out again /or/ were worried about Judah right now."

But I'm not a big "marinating" fan. Remember when arum let the Gamboa Lopez fight marinate? Lol, now Juanma is about another ko loss away from retirement and Gamboa was on the shelf for about a year and has never looked worse at the pro level in his last fight

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 6 2013, 11:26 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 7 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Every time I've heard them talk about matth it goes something like....

Interviewer - "so how about matthysse?"

Garcia and/or his camp - "he's just your average tough guy. He's good not great.... But Khan would get knocked out again /or/ were worried about Judah right now."

But I'm not a big "marinating" fan. Remember when arum let the Gamboa Lopez fight marinate? Lol, now Juanma is about another ko loss away from retirement and Gamboa was on the shelf for about a year and has never looked worse at the pro level in his last fight

i've watched and read a lot of interviews...and i can't recall hearing or reading anything like that. i can understand wanting to focus on the task at hand (judah) more guys should do that. ask khan and ortiz how that worked out for them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i hear u...but both have been very busy and i think that goldenboy and haymon are more inclined to make a big match like that than toprank. we'll see....

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 7 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 6 2013, 04:54 PM) *
the chick that used to have james toney...old white broad that they made the movie about.

Wasn't that Kathy Duva, or am I wrong again? Nevermind, if they made a movie about her, then it cant be her. I just read that Dallas is promoted by Goosen Tutor...NO WONDER why we dont know who he's promoted by, lol.

If you're promoted by Goosen Tutor, then you'd better have a good as manager (as Ward does in Prince and Paul Williams did in Al Haymon). It's crazy because the only time you'll ever hear about a Goosen fighter, is after a fight is signed, and after the first bell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 7 2013, 01:05 AM) *
i've watched and read a lot of interviews...and i can't recall hearing or reading anything like that. i can understand wanting to focus on the task at hand (judah) more guys should do that. ask khan and ortiz how that worked out for them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i hear u...but both have been very busy and i think that goldenboy and haymon are more inclined to make a big match like that than toprank. we'll see....

Couldn't have said it better myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2013, 03:21 PM) *
Wasn't that Kathy Duva, or am I wrong again? Nevermind, if they made a movie about her, then it cant be her. I just read that Dallas is promoted by Goosen Tutor...NO WONDER why we dont know who he's promoted by, lol.

If you're promoted by Goosen Tutor, then you'd better have a good as manager (as Ward does in Prince and Paul Williams did in Al Haymon). It's crazy because the only time you'll ever hear about a Goosen fighter, is after a fight is signed, and after the first bell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Couldn't have said it better myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

goosen tutor is his promoter....jackie kallen is his manager. sounds to me like a bunch of ppl have their hands in his pockets. i hope he's getting paid appropriately for this fight.

on a side note...goosen tutor has promoted plenty of good fighters...i'd place them a level above dibella, mainevents and gary shaw.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:42 PM