IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Just Thought About Something..., Help me out here...
Cshel86
post Jan 9 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 9 2013, 09:40 PM) *
It was a 157 weight at catchweight correct? Either way he still moved up to fight him. That still gets my respect and Bernard didn't have to kill himself doing it. I thought he looked good in the fight. Thanks for the correction.

Manny did the same thing, so whats your point? Manny's opponents never complained about the catchweights either, they were just happy to get a big payday. Later on, they may have complained, but at the moment, no one uttered a word about it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 10 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #32

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Manny did the same thing, so whats your point? Manny's opponents never complained about the catchweights either, they were just happy to get a big payday. Later on, they may have complained, but at the moment, no one uttered a word about it.

That was my point. Oscar may had Hopkins come down but he went up and I do not think Hopkins was drained or coming off a loss when he faced Oscar. Manny on the other hand could rehydrate and eat as much as he wants while his other opponents had to keep specified weight. The reason why they didn't complain is because they wanted that paycheck and they also wasn't about to make Arum look like an ass. Just look what happen to Bradley and Clottely after they spoke out. Hell even Miguel didn't want to fight Manny again because of the weight clause. You can't tout yourself as being a 154 champion if you never fought at 154. Saul Alvarez is losing credibility because he has yet to fight someone at his weight class and their are plenty to pick from.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jan 10 2013, 11:17 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 10 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2013, 09:30 AM) *
That was my point. Oscar my had Hopkins come down but he went off and I do not think Hopkins was drained or coming off a loss when he faced Oscar. Manny on the other hand could rehydrate and eat as much as he wants while his other opponents had to keep specified weight. The reason why they didn't complain is because they wanted that paycheck and they also wasn't about to make Arum look like an ass. Just look what happen to Bradley and Clottely after they spoke out. Hell even Miguel didn't want to fight Manny again because of the weight clause. You can't tout yourself as being a 154 champion if you never fought at 154. Saul Alvarez is losing credibility because he has yet fought someone at his weight class and their are plenty to pick from.

I think its the other way around, nobody wanted Bob to make an ass of them...hence why nobody uttered a peep about Manny. They cried about how Manny was too small, but he was a WW when he fought Marquez the second time, as well as the Diaz fight.

Clottey spoke out and got shelved, and I believe he fought Calvin Green in Nov. 2011, but that's it. Bradley on the other hand, just started to think that he was bigger than what he was, just because he landed the fight Pac fight, which was by default. Just because you land a big fight with a cash cow, that doesn't automatically make you a star with negotiation rights....ask Mosley about that.

Alvarez can do what he wants to do at this point, sadly. He's becoming bigger and bigger (thanks to GBP), so if his opponent selection is like this now, then imagine how bad it will be, if he happens to a cash cow one. Brace yourselves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 10 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #34

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2013, 08:16 AM) *
I think its the other way around, nobody wanted Bob to make an ass of them...hence why nobody uttered a peep about Manny. They cried about how Manny was too small, but he was a WW when he fought Marquez the second time, as well as the Diaz fight.

Clottey spoke out and got shelved, and I believe he fought Calvin Green in Nov. 2011, but that's it. Bradley on the other hand, just started to think that he was bigger than what he was, just because he landed the fight Pac fight, which was by default. Just because you land a big fight with a cash cow, that doesn't automatically make you a star with negotiation rights....ask Mosley about that.

Alvarez can do what he wants to do at this point, sadly. He's becoming bigger and bigger (thanks to GBP), so if his opponent selection is like this now, then imagine how bad it will be, if he happens to a cash cow one. Brace yourselves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Sorry about all the typos in my last post, I was in a bit of a rush. I would say Bradley thought by "beating" Pac he felt he would be the top dog in the game (ha!) and that was his mistake he also screwed up when he turned down a fight with Peterson which was a big NO NO! Clottely is a travesty. He did exactly what he was told to do and he still got bent over.

Cshel86 here is the thing about Saul, if he faces top competition he is going to get beat. I don't know how well his conditioning is plus let's face it, he hasn't been challenged. what will happens when he faces a guy in the SAME weight class and just as much pop that he has and skill? What will happen? I honestly wish he fights either Trout ( who is his mandatory correct) or even Peter Quillen who has hand speed and power he does seem to tire in the late rounds but I still like his chances. Now if the red head gets his dream match up with Mayweather and he loses what will happen to him? Will his stock drop or will he say "hey I lost to the best." We shall see.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:05 AM