Guests cannot vote 
BrutUalBK
post Jan 15 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2013, 02:00 PM) *
That is interesting simply because that is what people like to highlight when it comes to Floyd. My favorite Floyd fight was Emmanuel Burton after I saw that fight I knew Mayweather was the real deal. Anyway, I notice when it comes to Pac's personal like people skip over it and only want to focus on his accomplishments they do not do the same for Mayweather. They even protected Oscar's little coke problem and being a complete man whore. Which is in his right but when you want to be Mr. Clean and you are dirty and the media covers it up but they want to highlight Mayweather as being a douche bag because of all his short comings and out the ring issues and shit on his boxing skills as well as opponents that's when I become really sour. Great post as usual professor

Yeah, it's funny how they seem to magnify any negativity on Floyd but then they'll excuse and even minimalize Pac's shortcomings; no big deal was made of Pac (who claims to be some type of Christian Saint) when he was womanizing/cheating on his wife, doing Cocaine, and now as a so called "Christian" he is selling Liquor in his commercials.

So much for the so called "Christian" Pac who can do no wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 15 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Yeah, it's funny how they seem to magnify any negativity on Floyd but then they'll excuse and even minimalize Pac's shortcomings; no big deal was made of Pac (who claims to be some type of Christian Saint) when he was womanizing/cheating on his wife, doing Cocaine, and now as a so called "Christian" he is selling Liquor in his commercials.

So much for the so called "Christian" Pac who can do no wrong.

You left out the "harboring the fugitive" part.

+Quote Post
mikE11
post Jan 16 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #33

Amateur

Member No.: 13,807

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 10 2013, 07:37 PM) *
most of pacquiao's fans don't even know who luisito espinosa is. i was in S.F. a few years back and they announced him...he went totally unrecognized and got a very weak applause from the boxing crowd at the event i was at. it was really sad.

when i say popular....i guess it's a combination of known/liked.

If they don't know who Espinosa was, that's because:

1. They are too young to know; or

2. They live in the US.

It's not because he wasn't popular.

Espinosa had the largest crowds for a boxing event all all-time. He probably still does.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/other-boxing...he-proper-stage

"For example, Luisito Espinoza versus Cesar Soto in 1996 drew an estimated 300,000 people to Luneta Park in the Philippines while 136,274 poured into Azteca Stadium in Mexico City to see Julio Cesar Chavez destroy Greg Haugen in five rounds. "

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 16 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Does this really need explaining for the billionth time, Mayweather paints himself as a prick, so the media helps that along

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 16 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mikE11 @ Jan 16 2013, 06:15 PM) *
If they don't know who Espinosa was, that's because:

1. They are too young to know; or

2. They live in the US.

It's not because he wasn't popular.

Espinosa had the largest crowds for a boxing event all all-time. He probably still does.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/other-boxing...he-proper-stage

"For example, Luisito Espinoza versus Cesar Soto in 1996 drew an estimated 300,000 people to Luneta Park in the Philippines while 136,274 poured into Azteca Stadium in Mexico City to see Julio Cesar Chavez destroy Greg Haugen in five rounds. "

never knew that. impressive. i'd guess it was an age thing.

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Jan 19 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #36

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2013, 08:56 AM) *
Have to go with Pacquiao on this one. Dude is playing all of his cards right.

1. Poor kid from a 3rd world country
2. Came to the U.S. and worked his way to the top
3. Had his ups and down (though always covered up by the media) with infidelity, substance abuse, affairs...the usual for a man in power.
4. He's basically a Humanitarian/God in his country
5. Chose to run for Congress and give back to his country
6. Currently playing the religion card (or he may be serious)

All of these factors, coupled by the fact that most of his fans, the media, etc. believes that he can do no wrong...well, that's all that needs to be said.

Agreed. It's all staged!

BTW love your signature. Where is Philippians located?? And who is Caleno?? Hahahaha

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 19 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jan 19 2013, 08:25 AM) *
Agreed. It's all staged!

BTW love your signature. Where is Philippians located?? And who is Caleno?? Hahahaha

What kills me most boxers come up from the rough side of the mountain. Peter Q was homeless, Mayweather had serious issues in homelife, Tyson (enough said), Pavilik grew up in Youngstown which is a shitty area in Ohio, Hopkins had a hard knock there are plenty of boxers who had it worse than Manny and no one is praising them as the savior of their state. Manny played the good role and it paid off. Unfortunately he wasn't really a good guy. He gambles, bangs hookers, has children out of wedlock, he is a crappy congressman by all accounts and he can't sing or act for shit but hey the world loves him just like they thought Jeremy Lin was the second coming of Jordan! HA. Now they are going to hype the Filipino Flab... I hope that sack of Flab moves up to Featherweight so Chris John can smoke him!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:08 PM