IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The wbc is ordering matthysse vs garcia...., Does this mean a damn thing??
checkleft
post Jan 10 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

So the wbc has ordered the fight, if and only if they get through their upcoming fights.

Like I said, does this mean a Damn thing? Or is this just another sad attempt for them to try to save face again (don't forget they did this with chavez for about a year and a half).

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
fightscoreollect...
post Jan 10 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,394

Unless Goldenboy want Khan in there 1st

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 10 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Well, neither Matthysse or Garcia are Mexican, so chances are, this will fizzle out.

Screw the WBC! Most of us recognize it as "We Be Crooks".

I'm laughing deep down in inside, because Bnoles would've graced us with his hilarious WBC acronym..."Wow, a Black Champion?"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I just had to get that out there!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 11 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #4

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

If Swift loses to Judah or something else weird happens then what is the point?

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 11 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Why is everybody assuming Garcia is afraid of Matthysse? Hes not the be all end all. I think Garcia takes on Matthysse unless Broner moves up after the Rees fight. I think anything other than a Broner fight Garcia would be precieved as a duck. Unless Garcia vs Judah is a fight of the year canidate and some how warrants a rematch.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 11 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i'm taking garcia if and when he and matthysse fight. danny has a lot more than anyone gives him credit for.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 11 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 11 2013, 01:00 PM) *
Why is everybody assuming Garcia is afraid of Matthysse? Hes not the be all end all. I think Garcia takes on Matthysse unless Broner moves up after the Rees fight. I think anything other than a Broner fight Garcia would be precieved as a duck. Unless Garcia vs Judah is a fight of the year canidate and some how warrants a rematch.

Help me out here...so Garcia would be considered a ducker if he doesn't take on Broner, but somehow he gets a pass if he doesn't fight Matthysse? I may be reading it wrong though.

I agree that Matthysse isn't the be all end all...the new bedwetting boxing fans made him that. As far as Im concerned, Matthysse will be another one of those dudes that are too dangerous for a big shot, mark my words. There's not much special about him, neither is there anything special about Garcia...difference is, Garcia is marketable.

And to think about it, he got bent on over on the cards, in two of his biggest bouts (Judah and Alexander fights), so that goes to show you that there aren't many plans for him to be this big star in boxing. Look at how they jobbed Marquez in the 3rd Pac fight. Look at how they jobbed Sergio in the first Williams fight.

Matthysse is beatable...problem is, he hasn't shown it yet.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 11 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Help me out here...so Garcia would be considered a ducker if he doesn't take on Broner, but somehow he gets a pass if he doesn't fight Matthysse? I may be reading it wrong though.

I agree that Matthysse isn't the be all end all...the new bedwetting boxing fans made him that. As far as Im concerned, Matthysse will be another one of those dudes that are too dangerous for a big shot, mark my words. There's not much special about him, neither is there anything special about Garcia...difference is, Garcia is marketable.

And to think about it, he got bent on over on the cards, in two of his biggest bouts (Judah and Alexander fights), so that goes to show you that there aren't many plans for him to be this big star in boxing. Look at how they jobbed Marquez in the 3rd Pac fight. Look at how they jobbed Sergio in the first Williams fight.

What im saying is Broner is a PPV level fight for Garcia. Theres no other opponent that Garcia can fight other than Matthysse without looking like a duck. The boxing community can live with Broner vs Garcia because Broners on the verge of becoming that crossover star. Anybody else will send the boxing community into a frenzy, due to the lovefest for Matthysse.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 11 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:36 AM) *

I agree Matthysse was robbed against Alexander but I disagree about the Judah fight. It was close but its not like were talking Pacquiao vs Bradley type robbery. To me it could of gone either way. Matthysse shown in the Judah fight he can be hit clean.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 11 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 11 2013, 04:02 PM) *
What im saying is Broner is a PPV level fight for Garcia. Theres no other opponent that Garcia can fight other than Matthysse without looking like a duck. The boxing community can live with Broner vs Garcia because Broners on the verge of becoming that crossover star. Anybody else will send the boxing community into a frenzy, due to the lovefest for Matthysse.

I agree with you that anyone else other than matthysse would make it look like Garcia is ducking WITH the exception of lamont. Garcia doesn't have to fight broner, he would want to fight broner (more money). But I really doubt that fight will happen soon if at all, they are both haymon fighters (yes co-promoted by gbp but haymon fighters none the less).

And I do believe Garcia and matthysse are the biggest threat to each other. There is no clear cut winner in that match up. Both have great chins, power, and have good boxing skill. They are very exciting to watch and this is a breakthrough fight, the winner would be launched into stardom and be the best at 140 and maybe even elite.

Only problem I see with this fight is that if it goes to the cards which I could see happening more than likely Lucas would get the short end of the stick if its close.

What I don't get is why people seem disgruntled that Lucas, an actual hard working exciting fighter that's skilled and is not being shoved down our throats with sub par competition, has as you called it a "love fest" going on? Isn't that what we should want?

BTW I would have loved to see maidana Garcia.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 02:51 PM