IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The wbc is ordering matthysse vs garcia...., Does this mean a damn thing??
daprofessor
post Jan 11 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 11 2013, 03:02 PM) *
What im saying is Broner is a PPV level fight for Garcia. Theres no other opponent that Garcia can fight other than Matthysse without looking like a duck. The boxing community can live with Broner vs Garcia because Broners on the verge of becoming that crossover star. Anybody else will send the boxing community into a frenzy, due to the lovefest for Matthysse.

garcia/matthysse is more possible than garcia/broner. broner and garcia are haymon fighters. they may fight each other when they run out of paydays...or if one of them appears to be slippin and needs to be cashed out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 11 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 11 2013, 04:41 PM) *
I agree with you that anyone else other than matthysse would make it look like Garcia is ducking WITH the exception of lamont. Garcia doesn't have to fight broner, he would want to fight broner (more money). But I really doubt that fight will happen soon if at all, they are both haymon fighters (yes co-promoted by gbp but haymon fighters none the less).

And I do believe Garcia and matthysse are the biggest threat to each other. There is no clear cut winner in that match up. Both have great chins, power, and have good boxing skill. They are very exciting to watch and this is a breakthrough fight, the winner would be launched into stardom and be the best at 140 and maybe even elite.

Only problem I see with this fight is that if it goes to the cards which I could see happening more than likely Lucas would get the short end of the stick if its close.

What I don't get is why people seem disgruntled that Lucas, an actual hard working exciting fighter that's skilled and is not being shoved down our throats with sub par competition, has as you called it a "love fest" going on? Isn't that what we should want?

BTW I would have loved to see maidana Garcia.

i should have read on and saved myself some typing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i agree.

on maidana/garcia....maidana is too slow and wide. i see him being put to sleep by danny.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jan 13 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 11 2013, 02:16 PM) *
i'm taking garcia if and when he and matthysse fight. danny has a lot more than anyone gives him credit for.

I agree 100% with this prediction, and analysis of Danny Garcia.

In addition, to me the guy's intense concentration and focus in the ring is uncommon. He seems to leave all distractions to Angel, his father...

P34c3

This post has been edited by duwdu: Jan 13 2013, 09:24 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 14 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Still laughing my ass at the WBC "ordering a fight". Good luck with that Suiliman (sp).

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 14 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

anyone else get the feeling the wbc is trying to disrupt shit with this 'order?' neither guy seems like the type to lose focus on their up coming bouts. if i'm either guy...i won't even address this shit until after i win my current fight.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Jan 16 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #16

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 15 2013, 12:19 AM) *
anyone else get the feeling the wbc is trying to disrupt shit with this 'order?' neither guy seems like the type to lose focus on their up coming bouts. if i'm either guy...i won't even address this shit until after i win my current fight.

The only person i could see getting disrupted would be Garcia because he has a big fight coming up. For Matthysse it's just a sort of stay active fight win or lose.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 18 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 16 2013, 09:48 AM) *
The only person i could see getting disrupted would be Garcia because he has a big fight coming up. For Matthysse it's just a sort of stay active fight win or lose.

Well like it was said this announcement by the wbc doesn't seem to mean shit. Seems like there's already talks in place for Khan Garcia 2, which in my mind is a mistake for Garcia. He clearly beat Khan in the first fight no need for a rematch and an improved Khan would spell nothing but trouble for Garcia.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 08:25 PM